Lowest prices for your stay
HolidayInn.com
US$119
PricelineUS$140
Hotels.comUS$140
travelup.comUS$153
All reviews the penthouse long beach airport close to the airport bed was very comfortable shuttle
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2020 via mobile

We stayed here via Dayuse. We were on the 12th Fl, Rm 1216. The room served it’s purpose. At first glance it seemed nice and clean; however, when I went to try to sit on the desk chair, it was in horrible condition. How does a big name hotel allow deteriorated furniture to remain in use? This makes me question what else is poorly maintained and even the cleanliness of its facilities, specially during this pandemic. Furthermore, when we went to shower there was no hot water. I tried showering at different hours of the day and the same thing, the water did not heat up. Definitely not worth the price. Would not stay here again and do not recommend it.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2020

The hotel is adding an entire new building adjacent to its main tower and a parking structure, so the entire site is a major construction zone. The whole lot is a small corner parcel so you are right in the middle of the construction when you walk from the parking lot to the hotel lobby. There is hardly any parking because half of the parking is being used for building material storage. So some guests are forced to park where ever they can squeeze in, which makes it difficult to exit the lot. The parking lot is torn up and covered in dirt, so your shoes and your car become filthy. It's just a cloud of dust outside, so beware if you have any respiratory issues. The hotel is adjacent to the freeway, so there is no street parking to avoid the construction. Walking from the parking lot to the lobby is treacherous because there are workers driving construction equipment around and it is apparent they are inconvenienced by your presence, so they don't slow down or stop for you to pass. At one point, construction was being down on both outlets to the street and you had limited visibility pulling out. Inside the hotel it is worn. The staff are doing their best in this difficult situation. I had previously stayed here 2 years ago and can say that the quality of the hotel has decreased substantially. They should really just temporarily close while they finish the construction because it is wrong to ask people to pay for such level of service.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Hi kristengpour,

We aim to give hassle-free and comfortable experiences for guests on the move. I'm pleased that we got the chance to host you.

We pledge to fulfill our promise to give our guests reasons to smile, and it seems we tripped on some areas the last time that you were with us. I'm very sorry that you weren't at ease with the renovations. Your comments are relevant to us, so I imparted them to our upper management. Please trust that these will inspire us to enhance their features and services. Hopefully, you can check the private message that I sent you.

This hotel stay didn't turn out as you expected it to be, but I'm still hoping that you'd allow us to have a second bite of the apple, and elevate your journey.

All the best,

Leni C.

Reviewed 8 February 2020

Holiday Inn LBA has attentive staff and is only a few minutes by cab to airport. There shuttle is fairly reliable and drivers help you in and out of van. Unfortunately, this hotel is very tired. The furniture is a bit dated and in distressed shape. No issues with bathroom and bed was very comfortable. Just know that one of the runways is only a few hundred meters away, so you will hear that up until 11 PM local time.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2020

Hi george h,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel.

Complete guest satisfaction is our topmost priority and it seems that your recent stay left a little to be desired. I recognized your feedback about the condition of our hotel and some of our amenities that needs updating. I shared your review with our local management. We will ensure to used your comments to up our game and improve hotel guest experience.

We appreciate the good mark you gave us for our overall services and sleep quality! I'm glad that you find our location and shuttle service convenient. I'll also make sure to let our staff and shuttle driver knows that you were pleased with their customer service.

We look forward to hosting your stay again and I hope your next visit would be just around the corner!

Safe travels,

Jomar M.

Reviewed 25 September 2019

We were in town for a sporting event at Long Beach State. This hotel had a good location and made for a pleasant stay. Even though it is close to the Long Beach airport, there was no airport sound in the room. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful throughout. I will have no qualms about using this hotel in the future.

Room tip: We had a room away from the airport and did not have any airport noise whatsoever
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 5 August 2019 via mobile

Wanted to be close to the airport due to early a.m. flight. Was able to secure a room here with points.

Found out I was a platinum member when I checked in! I was offered a room on the 12th floor, a bottle of water & a drink coupon!

Looks like they are adding a new wing.

Had to pay for parking. Parking lot could use some revamping. Washer/dryer available for use @ $4/load.

Breakfast was not included. I thought all Holiday Inn Express locations offered free breakfast? Too bad being a platinum member didn't warrant comp breakfast. I can't speak to quality of breakfast because I didn't eat there.

The Vue on 13th floor looked nice. Was there late at night. I made sure I took some the time to stop by in the morning, just to check out the view

Room was comfortable enough.

I'd stay here again if I needed a hotel near LGB

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank joanner8360
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Holiday Inn Expresses offer free breakfast, joanner8360, but you have chosen to stay at a full service Holiday Inn. While they don't offer complimentary breakfast, they have a full service restaurant which has more options to choose from.

On the other hand, I'm happy that you found our rooms comfortable. But I understand you're stay isn't perfect, so I made sure the hotel is aware of your concerns, including your feedback about the parking, so they could further improve their accommodations and services.

Thanks again for sharing this with us.

All the best,