“Tight Slots and you feel that they are doing you a favor being there.”

Thunder Valley Casino
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Lincoln
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Thunder Valley Casino Resort is a AAA Four Diamond award-winning casino and resort. It is owned by the United Auburn Indian Community and opened in June 2003. Thunder Valley Casino Resort features a 250,000-square-foot Las Vegas-style casino, offering over 500 slot and video machines, 100 table games and a live Poker Room which accommodates more than 250 players. The casino regularly holds major promotions and special events including drawings, cash prizes, and tournaments. Thunder Valley includes a 17-story luxury hotel with 408 rooms, 46 suites, a full amenity Spa, gift shop and boutique. The resort boasts 14 restaurants and bars, as well as Pano Hall, a large banquet and entertainment center with a capacity of up to 900 guests. The highly popular Summer Concert Series outdoor amphitheater seats over 5,000 while attracting major headliners. Additionally, Thunder Valley acquired Whitney Oaks Golf Club, a championship 18-hole course just 15 minutes away in Rocklin.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I am a local and so disappointed on what is happening at Thunder Valley, They have "tightened" their slot machines, eliminated one of the two "so called" free gifts, limited the 50% off the gift shop to max of $75, cut my free play down even though I had gambled more the month before, don't even go for the Fri/Sat drawings anymore had a lot of entries and never get called, within in the last few months that had software upgrades which caused them to hand pay and wait for over an hour, they stopped giving change at the ticket redemption machines (hoping you don't cash them) without hiring more cashiers and the lines are crazy long, you would think as a Elite member it would be easier, it is not! I have been burnt so many times in High Limits (as many others) don't even go in there anymore. I could write so much more but I won't, I am hoping more Elite/President members write reviews to force Thunder to get their act together and treat players with respect.

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank sjsharks2018
Thunder Valley R, Manager at Thunder Valley Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hello sjsharks2018, thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry hear that your experience has not been ideal and want you to know that we are listening. We try to to provide world-class service to everyone of our guests. We have forwarded your message to management. Again, we apologize about your experience.

All reviews
"amphitheater"
in 13 reviews
"valet"

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Lots of machines and choices for those looking to try their luck! Plenty of bars and food options open 24/7.

Date of experience: April 2018
Jordan C, Manager at Thunder Valley Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Good Morning Michelle F,
We are delighted to hear that you choose Thunder Valley for your birthday celebration. You are correct with 14 bars and restaurants, complimentary entertainment on our Main Stage Friday and Saturday night, and our fabulous illusions lounge, Thunder Valley is the place to celebrate. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Thunder really needs to upgrade their ventilation system. I'm an ex smoker and I cannot even stand the heavy, smokey air in the casino. I could be in there for less than 10 minutes and come out with my hair and clothes smelling like I smoked 3 packs in one day. I live less than 10 minutes away, but I will drive the hour to Red Hawk instead just because of the cleaner air!

I'm a regular slot player, I've been playing for years. There is no doubt that the machines seem tighter on the weekends and during special events. When you go as often as I do, it is easy to do the math. I think I'm about to cut back my TV visits and start frequenting Red Hawk and Jackson more.

The freeplay they give you at Thunder is sad - I cycle hundreds or more through every week and all I get is a measly $20 a week free play. Pathetic!

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank dockfam
Austin T, Thunder Valley Representative at Thunder Valley Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Hello, We're sorry to hear about your experience. We understand your frustration about the lingering smoke. We are continually working with our engineering team to improve the ventilation. We have forwarded your feedback to our management. If you have any questions regarding your account, please call us at 877-468-8777.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

we went to this place for quite sometime now . nice hotel and much bigger as compared to other casino in the area. we like it.

Date of experience: April 2017
Jordan C, Manager at Thunder Valley Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Thank you Louella C, we like it too and are delighted that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel rooms. Have you checked out the new Bingo room and Poker room? Hope to welcome you back soon!