All reviews across the street ralph's grocery store upgraded to a suite bottled water nice pool pool area san diego no elevator per day parking fee shops and restaurants air conditioner pageant of the masters popcorn lobby laguna beach
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

Working in Irvine for 6 days, staying in Laguna allowed me to escape the corporate environment and relax. Friendly staff and a nice pool aided in this. Rooms are comfortable without being deluxe. The restaurant is only open at weekends so that's not overly convenient. But I enjoyed my stay and will return in May.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

Dear Mike D,
I am happy to hear that we were able to help you relax after a long days work. I'm glad the rooms were comfortable and that you were able to soak up sun while lounging by our pool. We look forward to having you stay with us again in May. Thank you for your feedback and hope you have a great week.

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed two nights here. Very nice front staff great location across from the beach. Got upgraded to s suite. Fabulous room. Holiday Inn gets a bad rap as a budget place but this venue is a definite cut above the rest. And the staff could compete with the Ritz. First class all the way. Frankly the only hint of "Holiday Inn-ness" were the plastic cups in the room. Perhaps they should spring for glass. But truly that was minor. Great overall experience.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Hi Cynthia,
Thank you very much for the great compliments. It feels great to hear that our staff was exceptional and was able to make your stay excellent. I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and amenities. We look forward to your next stay with us for another great experience. Thank you again for the wonderful compliments I hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Spent 5 nights at the HI Laguna Beach

We had a bit of an issue at check in. I did not get a room upgrade which disappointed me as an ambassador. They said that all suites were occupied for the next two days which could be understood in a hotel this small.

The first room we were checked into had an awful smell of vomit. Complaining to the front desk quickly resolved this as we were moved to another room that was fine.

Rooms are smallish and look dated. The wallpaper needs to be changed and the room given an update.

Everything else was amazing during our stay. The staff were very helpful and imparted a personal touch to the service.
The complimentary snack bar in the lobby was a very nice touch. The building has a lovely boutique feel and the area around the pool is so pretty.
The location is also great as you can walk around Laguna and a supermarket is right across the hotel.
Once we were upgraded to the suite we enjoyed our stay much more. The suite is a significant step up and I strongly recommend it.

Let's be clear. This is not a luxury hotel. This is a 3 star hotel but within that class it delivers nicely. Good value for money.

Dear Maher A,
Thank you for the compliments in regards to our property and our staff, we appreciate it. I am happy to hear that you overall had a great stay with us and enjoyed your time in Laguna. I hope you stay with us again in the near future for more beach fun. Have a great day.

Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the hotel it's small which is great and very pretty with lots of character!! everything you need on hand even complimentary drinks in the reception area. Rooms are nice and bathroom is lovely too we loved it here and you get free wifi, although parking is expensive @$15 per day which was the only downfall!!

1  Thank F1087GXnicolas
Holiday I, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2016

Dear F1087GXnicolas,
I am happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by our unique hotel. I agree it does have a lot of character and that I feel brings out its Laguna Beach charm. We hope you stay with us again soon. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

I was so impressed with how wonderful Dylan treated us I felt the need to give him a 5 star review.
I travel often and rarely have I been treated with such genuine kindness. This hotel is very lucky to have him! Thx!
Great Italian restaurant downstairs as well! Yummy food and great service there as well!

Dear DanvilleShelli,
We love to hear that our staff has made a great impression on our guests. Dylan is a great asset to our team and I will definitely let him know of your kind feedback and to keep up the great work. I am very happy to hear that you had a great time at our hotel and we hope to have you stay with us again in the near future. Have a wonderful day and thank you for your review.