“Good burgers, service unorganized”
Review of Bistro

Bistro
Ranked #34 of 80 Restaurants in Lafayette
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a larger group for lunch which may have contributed to some of the service problems we experienced (not enough staff?).

We started with some fries and onion rings for the table. They were hot and crispy but we were not given any plates and the ketchup did not appear until the burgers arrived (after the fries and onion rings were gone). The burgers were tasty and the buns were fresh. Two of the people in our group ordered salads and they did not get their meals until the rest of us were finished eating.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Right across the street from Trader Joe’s, Bistro Burger & Grill is a casual, fun restaurant to grab a classic burger or one of their Signature Burgers (eg, bacon cheese, BBQ, Paris [mushrooms, carmelized onions and brie], Lafayette [avocado, sprouts, pepper jack cheese], Blue [carmelized onions with blue cheese and A1 steak sauce], Diablo [parmesan, tomato and truffle oil] or Hawaiian). Our family has tried all of them, and the Paris, Lafayette and bacon cheeseburgers are our favorites and they are routinely cooked as we like them. The cheddar sliders (3 per order) are also a great choice when you’re not too hungry. In addition to regular fries, they offer other types of fries (eg, sweet potato, truffle, garlic and curly), crispy onion rings and my personal favorite—tater tots—which brings back lots of childhood memories! The have a wide range of non-alcoholic drink choices as well as plenty of excellent wine and beer options. The service is generally very friendly and competent. There are also other types of sandwiches and specials they offer if you’re not interested in a burger. Parking is on the street and in a parking lot behind the restaurant. Overall, it is an excellent neighborhood place to hangout and grab some tasty food.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

My son and I were debating who was going to make the drive to Chic-Fil-A and since neither of us wanted to fight commute traffic, I googled crispy chicken sandwiches in Lafayette and Bistro came up in my search. Bistro is known for it's yummy beef burgers, comfortable atmosphere, amazing fries, and delicious beers on tap but since we don't go to that side of town very often, I had forgotten about their delicious chicken sandwiches. Parking behind the restaurant is ample and metered :(. Their online ordering system is super easy and my only suggestion would be to pick up your order promptly or else it will get mushy.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

This small restaurant/bar is located near a mall with free short term parking. It features a full bar with TV playing local sports. The service was friendly and efficient in the small inside sitting area (there are a few tables on the street outside as well). The food was good to very good depending on the dish.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

My husband and I had a very good burger lunch here today -- I had the 4 oz.Parisian Burger with no cheese and no bun -- just mushrooms and carmelized onions, and an order of cole slaw and we split an order of onion rings. Husband had a cheeseburger with bleu cheese and raw onion. Everything was delicious -- plenty of onion rings for two, and they're real onion rings, served in the cute little basket in which they were fried.
But the serving of cole slaw was small and I would have liked lots more mushrooms and onions. They also have many other kinds of sandwiches and several kinds of salad, which looked really fresh and good on other diners' plates. Beer on tap and wine are available. It's a small, pleasant restaurant with good service and we will definitely go back. It's the perfect place to go before or after shopping at Trader Joe's just across the street.