Pantai Inn
  • Breakfast included
Inn by the Sea(La Jolla)
  • Breakfast included
1,181 results
All reviewsinfused waterbalinese themefire pitfull kitchenmurphy bedhand writtenbedroom cottagefresh fruitocean frontturn down servicela jolla covefull ocean viewlittle touchesbreakfast was deliciousrestaurants and shopsevery morningscripps park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2015

We had planned a getaway several months ago...I was injured recently, so my two friends went down and enjoyed themselves for me. I'm writing this review because they were so thrilled to be staying at the Pantai.."The best part about being in La Jolla," they said, "is staying at the Pantai!" We have all been to La Jolla many times over the years. Its beautiful but it can be touristy. With free parking in this beautiful location, the Inn makes La Jolla an easy repeat destination.

The customer service is easy going and efficient.
Jessica,guest services, went out of her way to deliver a special treat to my friends from me. She made their day with her surprise. I was so grateful. Yes, we are planning another trip as we speak...

Room Tip: The grounds have wonderful outdoor seating so if you can't afford an ocean view room; just go outside and enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joan R
Michael_Murrell, General Manager at Pantai Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Greetings JoanLosAngeles_CA,

Thank you for taking the time to review Pantai Inn.

I am so pleased that your friends had a good time with us, but saddened that you could not join them! I know how unfortunate things happen and I am glad you are recuperating and planning a future visit.

It brings me great joy to read that we were the "best part of being in La Jolla". Especially since you all had been to the area before, but had not stayed with us. The Inn’s location, the natural beauty that is around the Inn, as well the complimentary amenities that we provide definitely make for a wonderful business or leisure destination.

The team takes a lot of pride in providing excellent customer service. Thank you for mentioning Jessica’s efforts in your review. She is a valued member of our team and always strives to ensure that the guests have a wonderful experience.

We will look forward to welcoming you to the Inn.

Thank you.

Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

The views are breathtaking and the grounds are pretty. There is a seal cove close by and beach access. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home. They strive to make your experience memorable and wonderful. They were so kind, gave us and extended checkout, and brought us a cheese plate for my friend's birthday. The only major issue we had was that the room was much smaller than expected. The rooms on the website look much nicer than the room we ended up with. I tried to confirm what our room would look like, but they told me each room is unique. We got a two bedroom with a partial ocean view. There were no four post beds like in the photos, and the bathroom and bedrooms were extremely small. I just wish we would have had a better room for the price. We did sleep great though!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank jenny867
Michael_Murrell, General Manager at Pantai Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2015

Greetings Jenny867,

Thank you for taking the time to review Pantai Inn.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Our location is one of the best in La Jolla! To be within arm’s reach of the ocean and also a short trek to all the wonderful amenities that La Jolla has to offer is priceless.

Thank you for allowing our team to do our best to ensure that you had a positive experience overall. We enjoyed assisting in the celebration of your friend’s birthday. We pride ourselves in ensuring that special occasions are recognized.

I sincerely apologize that your room was not what you expected. Our property is rather unique and we do our best to convey that. We have a few additions slated for the building that you stayed in and would love to invite you back once they are complete. I am personally looking forward to ensuring that your next stay lives up to and exceeds all expectations.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

Our studio room with an ocean view was plenty spacious for two people and to my surprise had a mini kitchen. It was attractive and the bathroom was beautiful but tiny. The sheets and towels were of high quality and the bed was comfortable. The grounds are lovely with luscious plants, fountains and gas torches. I especially enjoyed eating breakfast in the courtyard viewing blooming hibiscus and the ocean. There were several choices of hot and cold breakfast items. The food was good but not great. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. The manger was on the premises and very pleasant. I liked the open-air registration office with treats. All of the little surprises were fun to find and appreciated. Parking is free. There is a street between the inn and the ocean but it is not too bad. There are stairs but the upper level rooms have the better views.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John A
Michael_Murrell, General Manager at Pantai Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Greetings John A,

Thanks for taking the time to review Pantai Inn.

I appreciate your detailed explanation of your accommodations and our amenities. You did a wonderful job at painting the picture so that guests and readers will be able to see that we are steps above your typical Inn. We pride ourselves in our service and attention to every detail. The team has spent a great deal of time molding the Inn into what it is today – and the best is yet to come!

It was my pleasure being able to welcome you to the Inn. We are looking forward to having you back in the future!

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

There are so many delightful things to say about this Inn! First, the location is right by
the beach. Shell beach, La Jolla Shores and La Jolla Cove. The grounds at Pantai are absolutely beautiful with pretty flowers all around. The breakfast they provide each morning was really well-done with a large selection of food! Fernando, (not sure what his title is) kept the breakfast area stocked constantly during the morning and always greeted us with a "good morning"! He was also very knowledgeable about the area and willing to help us with our plans for the day. The breakfast spot is near the lobby and has a wonderful view of the ocean! Our room was very clean and the Bali-inspired theme truly made us feel like we were on a get-away! When we arrived there was a sweet, personalized welcome note and chocolates on the bed, and a small complimentary flash light. Plus, the fridge was stocked with 5 bottles of water. Nice! The lobby attendant helped us find a wonderful Mexican place to eat our first night (within walking distance) and the staff was very friendly the entire duration of our stay. We will definitely be back to stay again on our next visit!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank S P
Michael_Murrell, General Manager at Pantai Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Greetings S P,

Thank you for taking the time to review Pantai Inn.

It was our pleasure welcoming you and your family to our slice of heaven in La Jolla. You definitely started the review off wonderfully – who can beat our location? You truly cannot get any closer to the ocean then us. I appreciate you mentioning the grounds as well. It is a labor of love for our team to ensure they are immaculate.

I also appreciate your comments about our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. Fernando and the rest of the team do a stupendous job ensuring that we have a wide range of items for our guests to enjoy.

Finally, it is about the personal touches that we provide for our guests. We all try our very best to listen to what our guests would like while they are here. Our staff does a remarkable job at handling every request thrown their way.

We will eagerly await your return. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

You'd be hard pressed to find a better location than this!

The Inn itself is right across the (small) street from the Pacific where you can see body surfers and seals playing. It's also a short walk to two beaches where swimmers of all abilities can enjoy a dip. The park is right there and draws in the crowds for the sunset... Don't worry, there is plenty of room to go around. We had a room with a porch that gave us an amazing view of the sunset above the spectators.

When we go back to La Jolla we will stay here!

Room Tip: If possible, spend the extra dough and get a "Premium Ocean View" as it is worth every penny!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mae_and_Tito
Michael_Murrell, General Manager at Pantai Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Greetings Mae_and_Tito,

Thank you for taking the time to review Pantai Inn.

We are definitely the place to stay in La Jolla! As you so wonderfully summarized, we have everything that you could want in a beachfront Inn. Our location caters to all vacationers and travelers. Not only do we have plenty of outdoor activities within a stone’s throw, but also the wonderful village shops and restaurants are within close proximity as well.

We are looking forward to sharing many more sunsets with you!