Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Everyday California tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

1,036 results
All reviews kayak tour sea lions kayaking experience minute kayak great kayaking wet suits whale watching ocean kayaking local history saw dolphins awesome tour paddle boards these guys a lot of fun double kayak awesome experience marine life
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I can’t believe I work 3 miles from this place and have never gone out to see the caves! First and foremost the long rants of how people are not fitted etc etc...gimme a break! These guides are great and you know a lot of them are working through college so cut them some slack. Shame on those who go on a tangeant with long winded complaints.

My husband and I had a great time and being natives to the area really pinch ourselves how beautiful our ocean is! Thanks to Cory and Tom who took me out personally because I couldn’t paddle out with my husband. Toms the best! Now that’s California love!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Highly recommend making reservations when visiting La Jolla to do an ocean kayak tour. Knowledgeable and friendly staff & tour guides. You definitely get wet with the waves going out & coming back in. If it’s a little chilly, we recommend renting a wet suit for a very inexpensive cost of $10. Well worth it. Beautiful views & an all around fun time! We look forward to coming back & snorkeling next time!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My sister and I went on the ocean kayak lajolla cave tour. First of all we were hurried into our equipment with no attention to the fit of the life vest. I was given a life vest for a very large man and I am a 5'6" fit bodied senior woman. The vest was ill fitting. We were given a two person kayak with no adjustments made to the seat so I as also seated in a position suited for a 6'5 250 lb. male and practically was lying down trying to paddle. The tour guide took off leaving us way behind then at the buoy told to go with a different guide that was already 100 yds ahead of us and designated for the air b n b experience people which we were not as we are local residents of LaJolla. So we struggled to catch up. We did get caught up next to the caves which btw eminate a terrible stench due to the animal excrement permeating the area. The stench is somewhat overwhelming. I complained to the guide about the fit of my kayak seat and the life vest and he attempted to fix the seat in the middle of the deep ocean and it only was somewhat better but not really suitable. Meanwhile the life vest choked me out and I went in and out of consciousness, became sea sick, lost feeling in both my arms due to lack of oxygen, lost my vision and almost passed out. I kept telling them I needed to go back to shore and I was made to wait until the rest of the group was finished in the caves. I kept telling them I just wanted to paddle back to shore and I was not allowed to do so. Finally my sister paddled us back when the tour guide was available. When at shore I was disoriented, dizzy, had dry heaves could barely regain stability. Luckily a neuro surgeon walked by and took my pulse and told me that I had oxygen deprivation due to the ill fitting life vest, had tachycardia and was not having a stroke which I thought I was having. He said because the feeling in both my arms and legs was gone it indicated asphyxia and not a stroke. It was a true god send that at that moment a M.D. happened to walk by. I would say this is a terrible outfitter and very irresponsible. They made me sign a waiver relieving them of liability but then they refused to let me make my way back to shore when I was losing consciousness. They spent no time or attention to the proper size of my life vest or making adjustments to the posturing in my kayak. Overall I would say go on a tour with this out fit at your own peril. Despite all this the tour itself is a stench filled bore. They paddle to the cave, float around the cave in a stench and tell boring stories about the caves just to kill time. over all...I would say rent a kayak, get a properly fitted life vest and take yourself kayaking and forget this amateurish outfit.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overall, the 2 hour kayak and snorkel tour was great. Since we had a smaller group, we got to go into a cave that our tour guide says he usually doesn't bring groups into. Tons of sea lions and garibaldi, and a sting ray!
I will say, though, that the prep area can get really chaotic and disorganized. It gets really confusing which group you're with and who your guide is. Turns out, the group I was keeping an eye on was the "kayak only" tour, and my group had left a few minutes prior without me even noticing! Felt so awkward joining them late, when I had actually showed up early to the shop in the first place. Would be nice if they had a more organized system of making sure everyone is ready and present before actually walking to the beach.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had such a great time kayaking this morning. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, getting us set up, finding the right size wetsuit. Our guide, Nick, was amazing. He’s very knowledgeable and seems to really enjoy what he does. I’m from out of state, but I will defiantly come back and do it again!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ignore all the bad reviews!!! This is a must if you are in the area. And especially at this location. The staff was super friendly from the get go and our guide Nick was super attentive to everyone on the tour and gave interesting facts and even a little science lesson.