All reviews panda express room was clean free shuttle coffee maker an older hotel nice stay fast food donuts every hour yogurt lax ross danish california microwave driver clerk
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

...surely not anyone who has actually stayed here.

The neighborhood is not very good, traffic is constant, the hotel needs serious upgrades and the rooms are small with paper thin walls. They're trying here, but they don't have much to work with. The staff is very nice, though I'd prefer they not announce my room number for all to hear. Write it on the card packet, that should be sufficient.

It's an open space design, with room doors opening to an exterior walkway. People are hanging out on the walkways, talking and smoking, even though it is a non-smoking area. I can hear activity through my closed door that is taking place down the walkway, so it should be no surprise that I can hear everything going on in the room next to mine - everything, down to toilet paper in use. Not a joke. The central open area is over the parking lot, so I can hear car doors banging and lock horns honking, and I'm on the top floor.

I generously rate this hotel a two because the rooms are clean, but I should go with a one because there's an underlying "old" smell that I hope does not permeate my belongings. I travel often and stay at Best Westerns, Hampton Inns, etc., so I'm not expecting the Ritz, but this is definitely NOT what I would recommend to a business traveler or anyone with kids.

Breakfast is adequate, but it is a very small area with only a couple cafe tables for seating.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Lance P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Airport Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2016

Dear by SeaLilies,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Our customer's feedback and experience greatly dictates what we are doing correctly as well as incorrectly. I am truly sorry about all of inconveniences that occurred, and this review will shown to the entire staff to make sure the proper training is conducted so this does not occur again.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

It was a last minute booking and we stayed at this hotel for 1 night in November 2015 due to its price and its location. We did not spend much time in the hotel except to shower and sleep. The room was adequate with standard amenities although dated. Our room faced the busy street but the noise didn't bother us too much. Breakfast was mediocre at best and there is no room to eat at the breakfast area. Would have rated this hotel as average if it weren't for them double-charging us for parking.

We were charged for parking when we checked-in and we paid for it in cash. However, to my dismay, I came home after my trip to find that they double-charged the parking to my credit card as well! I immediately called the hotel and the manager said he would investigate by looking at the cameras. When I called back the next day to follow-up, he said that the camera footage does show us handing over cash for the parking when we checked-in so he would refund us. The refund took about 2 weeks for it to process. Although the manager was prompt to fix this mistake, it should not have happened in the first place. What if the camera footage was no longer available to be viewed? Lesson learned: always pay for everything with your credit card for record.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Lance P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Airport Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2016

Dear Sheila V,
Thank you so much for reviewing the Best Western Airport Plaza Inn. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for all of the discrepancies and inconveniences that endured during your stay.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

called at 10:30, there at 11:00; had shuttle to airport in early AM; comfortable bed - so we had a good night's sleep; only annoyance was street noise; breakfast looked good - but we were in too much hurry

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lance P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Airport Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

Dear GFrib,
We at the Best Western Airpark Hotel would like to thank you for your stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback and business. Thank you very much ad we hope next time you have time for breakfast.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

My sister got cut by unexpected shattered glasses on the bathroom floor and called the hotel staff. We couldn't feel any care from the staff. They didn't offer any first aid kit until we requested and not even an apology!! They just cleaned it up quickly and roughly and acted like nothing happened. We then found some more shattered pieces on the bathroom floor and called them up again. This time, they promised for thoroughness of the cleanup. My sister still found one little piece of glass though. Finally, we decided to file a claim at the front desk.
A week after the stay, there was no response at all, so I called them to follow up for the claim. However, I called them 3 times within 2 days and still couldn't reach the manager or get any response. I then sent a message on their corporate Facebook page. The customer care on Facebook replied promptly promising they will follow up the case. Almost a week later, the front desk manager emailed me to apologize and promise to refund the room charge but I've NEVER got the refund or any communication back again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank mattkung

Dear Mattkung,
Thank you very much for reviewing our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. Your review has made me aware of your experience and I will be taking the steps to prevent this from occurring again.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

This Best Western Hotel offers a free shuttle to Los Angeles International (LAX). I was happy to see they were doing some remodeling. The property is starting to show some age and will benefit from the renovation. Parking can be a tight fit, but this is LA after all. There's a Starbucks just down the street, and a 50's style diner called Pann's which offers an outstanding breakfast. The room was clean and quiet. I'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Novoman,
Thank you very much for you review of our property. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I would also like to take this opportunity to also thank you for you TRIP ADVISOR review. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you!