US$552
US$440
Kimpton
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Best Western Harbour Inn & Suites(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$163
US$163
US$447
US$368
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Huntington Surf Inn(Huntington Beach)(Great Value!)
US$273
Beach Inn Motel(Huntington Beach)
US$107
US$717
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Beso del Sol(Huntington Beach)
Ocean Surf Inn & Suites(Huntington Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsshort drive to the beachpool and hot tubsurf cityroom was cleanbeach blvddecent breakfastpancake machinefree breakfastbest westernsyogurtthe breakfast areanice place to staystayed one nightrooms are largewould stay againthird floororange county
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Hotel was ok, not great. Decor was dated. Bed was comfortable. Did not use many amenities. Staff was friendly. The area is not so great and between a bar and a preschool. There are a lot of homeless nearby.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mihir M, General Manager at Best Western Surf City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay at Best Western Surf City. Our team works hard to make sure our guest are happy, so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to my staff. We all look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Huntington Beach.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

After finding an actual glass drug pipe along with drugs in it still, i let the front desk know as soon as i found it. The extremely fake- friendly lady at the front told me they could give me 10,000 points which would be enough for a room if i booked through their website instead of the third party i used... if i signed up for this rewards program. i would've never signed up for in the first place if i knew that she was lying. The manager was gone because he was having a child which is understandable, but come on guys... No one can help? No one assigned for customer service if a matter like this should occur? After two weeks of messages and phone amd e-mail messages with Mihir, the GM, i realized that nothing would happen....he told me at first if it was up to him there could be a refund...but because it was done with a third party nothing could sadly be done! Oh but wait Mihir...! There is a positive conclusion to this! I can call the third party and get a refund if you say it's ok! But what do you know...speaking over me with such disrespect he takes back his words after he realized that this was actually possible...what an unprofessional piece of...sandy crap. I'm upset at best western as a whole as well....no conclusion. Great job..

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Mihir M, General Manager at Best Western Surf City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

I'm very sorry to hear your recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay, and we will continue to work harder to improve on our guest experience.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We recently stayed here for two nights. I had driven by in the past but this was our first stay. Upon arrival we were pleasantly greeted. Our room was ready and we were able to check in early which was greatly appreciated. I recommend the top floor only because I am a light sleeper and did not wish to have people traipsing above. The outside of the hotel is dated, but it is going to be renovated in the near future. Our room was very comfortable and clean. Great mattress and crisp white sheets! The room itself is dated as well, but I am into cleanliness not decor. The breakfast buffet is well laid out and ample selections to fit everyones taste. Best coffee I've had in a long time! There is even a Keurig in your room with coffee and tea selections. We received a call after we had checked in making sure we were comfortable and had all we needed. When's the last time you had that kind of service? I highly recommend staying here, close to beach, shopping and every type of restaurant who are looking for. Great staff! Clean!! Affordable rates!! (I even saw them sweep the parking lot!)

Room Tip: We were directly across from the pool, and several were enjoying it, but I never heard any noise.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Santiago G, Director of Operations at Best Western Surf City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Sarah M,

I love reading reviews like this one, I'm glad to see you enjoyed the cleanliness of our hotel, staff friendliness and that you enjoyed our coffee selections. We are preparing for an extensive renovation in the near future but for now we pride ourselves in the cleanliness and service of our hotel. We know you have many choices when staying in Huntington Beach and we appreciate you choosing our hotel. Thank you and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Santiago Garcia

Director of Operations

Reviewed 16 March 2018

First of all, I do not appreciate being LIED to that "customer service" was closed until morning. I was transferred twice and then told that customer service was CLOSED until the morning. What kind of hotel chain doesn't have a 24 hour customer service line?

The first thing listed under amenities for Best Western Surf City was "Cable satellite television, HD." This turned out to be completely untrue. The reception was very poor and the only cable news station I could get was FOX News. When I complained to the front desk, I was told "Oh, yeah. We have bad reception". The front desk person didn't seem to care.

I am now waiting to hear back from the Customer Service representative. I demand a full refund. I will never stay at a Best Western again. You have lost a regular customer (I always choose Best Western for trips) but I will not stay again. And I will encourage friends and family never to book a Best Western Stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Best Western.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello MichaelScott2013,

My team and I have reviewed our logs and did find this was reported and staff was dispatched to repair it immediately. We understand occasionally equipment may not function as needed but accommodations were offered. We see you also sent us two reviews regarding this matter and though we have no control over the customer service department as they operate under different business hours than local hotels do and for the weather or equipment anomaly that may affect TV signal, we appreciate your feedback and assure you that we make every effort to address deficiencies and improve service at our hotel. We hope you consider our hotel and brand for future stays, we can assure you this is not the norm at our hotel.

Santiago Garcia

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

This was going to be an overnight get away. Checked in after 2 pm and napped until 5 pm. Turned on the TV and the reception was horrible. Went to the front desk who confirmed " the reception is bad." Best western knew beforehand the tv was not functioning. Decided to leave and returned home. They would not refund the $150.00. I will be dealing with my credit card company to not pay. Stay away from this place who deceives its customers.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Mihir M, General Manager at Best Western Surf City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hello Scott, thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. I'm very sorry to hear your recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay, we'll address this directly.