“Epic Dive”

St. Thomas Diving Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 Best Dive Shop for 2016. St. Thomas Diving Club, located on the south side of St. Thomas, is a PADI authorized 5-Star IDC facility that caters to everyone from the beginning snorkeler to the experienced diver. Our staff of knowledgeable instructors is always on hand to provide you with an exceptional diving experience. .
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I always enjoy going out for a dive with friends, and from the minute we arrived at the dive shop we were immediately greeted by friendly smiling staff which is a big deal at 8am on a Sunday morning. We filled out the usual paperwork, got our gear sorted and waited for the rest of the group arrive. When the time came to load up on the dive boat the staff immediately started helping with our gear and helping us aboard the boat. I was surprised how quickly the gear was set up and after the standard safety briefing we were on our way to a dive site of our choosing. Our group consisted of fairly experienced divers and we were all keen on seeing sharks. (who doesn't wanna go on a shark dive?) The dive leader did an amazing job even though we were doing everything we could to make his job harder. (we all wanted to follow the sharks, get lost and take pictures) Overall I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the dive. It was the best Sunday morning dive in recent memory. The staff did their jobs very well and we couldn't have asked for anything more. I have dived with a lot of companies on island and I will definitely be going back to St.Thomas Diving Club. I already have our next dive picked out and I imagine it will be even better.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"diving club"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The staff of St. Thomas Diving Club are top notch! From the minute we got to the boat, we didn't have to lift a finger. They set up all your gear, load your weights, change tanks between dives, help you on and off the boat, and clean everything up at the end. The only thing you're responsible for are your fins, mask, and snorkel. We did 3 2-tank dives with them and loved them all. We are newly certified divers, and the staff made us feel comfortable every step of the way.

Our two favorite dives were Buck Island Point (saw reef and nurse sharks, a manta ray, and a spotted eagle ray) and Navy Barges.

I highly recommend St. Thomas Diving Club!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I had a bad snorkeling experience here. We didn't seem welcomed at all when we walked into their club for checking In. There was no smile and they couldn't even find our reservation I made a day before. The girl probably had the worse attitude towards us. She just seemed like not willing to talk to us at all. It was really uncomfortable. I had bad feelings but still wanted to give them a chance.
The boat was supposed to leave at 1 but we had to wait for more then 30 mins because other people were late. The manager Daug was the last person jumped on the boat. As soon as he saw me and my friend, the first thing he said to us was " oh I recognized you guys! Asian number one and Asian number two! Ugh....that was pretty rude.....?! I have a name as well as my friend. And when the caption tried to say our name, he also said" oh! Good luck for those two." And then he never talked to us for the whole trip. He might just want to be funny but that wasn't funny at all. He didn't even properly introduced himself before he only called us "Asians"
They didn't give us any instructions when we arrived the first snorkeling spot so I had to ask since I didn't snorkel for a long time and the was my friend's first time. I didn't even mention they didn't give us live vest the whole time when the boat was running. After snorkeling, we waited for the divers to come back which was fine cuz we didn't snorkel as long as we were supposed to. But after the divers came back we were still waiting for Daug and another girl to come back cuz one of the mask was missing so that was another 30 mins to waste.
I actually had some fun at the second snorkeling spot but I couldn't stay much longer cuz they wasted too much time earlier.
Sorry I didn't tip at all when we came back from the trip because there was no service at all. All I got was their attitude and rudeness. The caption was nice but not the rest of the people in the club.
If you are looking for scuba diving, they might be a good choice since they only talked to the divers and didn't care about the people who is there for snorkeling. They only took out reservation because we helped out for the gas money I guess.

1  Thank Ginie G
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Just returned from another 4th of July week with the St, Thomas dive club. Had a wonderful time! Thanks to Pam and her crew! Jimi, Cassie, Adam, Thadius, Doug, Greg, are the best! See you next year, [ if that's o.k.? ]