“This restaurant deserves TEN stars...”
Review of Batter Up Pancakes

Batter Up Pancakes
Ranked #20 of 1,266 Restaurants in Fresno
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: We take fresh seriously here. That means fresh ingredients and real quality. We don't skimp on anything when it comes to presenting the best food on your tables. We want every guest's experience to be the best it can be, from the moment they walk in to the their first bite all the way to when they're telling everyone else about the awesome experience they just had. Time and again, our wonderful patrons have come back for the promise of a family-oriented meal, excellent service and a commitment to quality.
Reviewed 7 September 2021

This restaurant is absolutely worth the wait! They deserve the BEST IN FRESNO award for their deliciously-light buttermilk pancakes with SO many flavors!! We also loved our egg breakfasts. You can see from the photo that the three-egg dish is HUGE. We shared the cinnamon roll pancake as an "appetizer" to our breakfast dishes. Sooooo tasty! The pork chili verde omelet was out of this world delicious, too! You can't go wrong, no matter what you order. The owner came around to refill our coffee and it was delightful to chat with him, as well. We rarely return to a restaurant when traveling, as we like to experience new eating places whenever possible. However, THIS restaurant deserved a return visit. And we will definitely come back when we are visiting Fresno again.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (118)

Reviewed 30 March 2021 via mobile

Delicious Fresh food. Huge portions, friendly staff. The prices were reasonable. The coffee was even great !

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank karen19020
Reviewed 11 February 2020

out of the Google Blue we fell into Batter Up Pancakes looking for gluten free and dairy free breakfast the other morning and - wow! - we're we lucky. Including the xtra good Blue Corn pancakes. Breakfast burrito (pork verde) was wonderful as well. And the coffee up to snuff. It was an exceptional breakfast experience. I'll bet they do lunch equally as well. Thanks!

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 17 November 2019

I was emailed a coupon for my birthday; so I decided to use it with my son's family of 5. Mostly, the service was miserable, and when asked why there were no waffles on the menu, was told "we have no waffle iron". Customer service was at the bottom of the barrel: no waters, no coffee refills, constant mistakes, surly attitude from the waiter, and unhelpful answers to most questions. The "Best in Fresno" award should be withdrawn. The "no" reservation policy makes for an unbearably long and frustrating wait.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank Olderwhitewoman
JeffC969, Owner at Batter Up Pancakes, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2019

Good afternoon and thank you for your review.

I am terribly sorry you had a negative experience in my restaurant yesterday and were given substandard treatment by our server. Although I am not able to alert the server to your concerns as he is not working today, I am personally disappointed his performance when dealing with your party was not up to our standards of excellence. Our Batter Up team is typically exemplary in every way -- from the food to the service to the experience -- and clearly we fell short in the service department for your party yesterday.

Please know I take every critical review to heart as they always provide a means to educate our team in areas of improvement.

I would love to offer you a gift card in the hope you will again visit us and be met with a more positive vibe. I can either mail you the gift card, should you chose to provide an address, or I can leave the gift card in the register for you to pick up at your convenience.

Again, my sincere apologies to you.

Becci Colla

Reviewed 30 October 2019 via mobile

My friend and I were craving breakfast and I looked on yelp for breakfast places and this place seemed like a good option. We were pleasantly surprised of how the place was set up. It had a nice welcoming baseball theme but still with a diner relaxed feel. Both my friend and I were impressed with the style and comfort of the space. Then we ordered our lattes and since it’s Lanna Coffee I truly enjoyed it! I own a coffee shop in the mountains by Bass Lake and we serve Lanna Coffee Beans. It’s definitely the best coffee beans in Central Valley! Then I ordered the two pancakes with scrambled eggs and they are delish!! Such an awesome treat to find this hidden gem in Fresno!! Highly recommend trying this place and enjoying a delicious meal!

Date of visit: October 2019