All reviewssoaking poolspeace and quietextra pillowsreception areasized roombeds were very comfortablesan diegotubssaunafwysoaps
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Details are so important. Especially for property claiming to be a boutique hotel. Little things like window shutters working properly, lamps plugged in, and mold on the shower curtain are minor details that will turn a 4 rating into a 3.

The dated furnishings and TV were more than overshadowed by the spaciousness of the room - it was huge! I also like that my room was tiled completely with no carpeting. The small refrigerator and microwave for convenient additions. I, like many other reviewers, also had a slight musty odor in my room. Opening the French doors and use of the air-conditioner helped.

My bathroom was nice with a separate room for the shower and toilet. The shower was tiled nicely and was a good size, however the moldy shower curtain diminished the impact. Also a little spiderweb in the bathroom window seems like it would’ve been quite the banquet - though, thankfully the spider was nowhere to be seen.

I liked the rustic outdoor areas. There are lots of trees and plants that really make you feel like you’re out in the country. I never made it to the pool or spa area but from my balcony it looked nice.

I found the front desk staff friendly and welcoming upon check-in. Jose was also professional and informative.

Despite the minor things I pointed out. I would stay here again if my travels bring me to the northern San Diego County area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank casualcharacter
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We love it here. It's so peaceful, so relaxing. Jacuzzi was not warm though. Room was nice, everything we needed, except it was suppose to have a microwave and didn't. Comfortable bed, portable A/C unit was good enough.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank capdanmc
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Horrible place and even worse management, We had no water!! When we checked in we were told they were working on it and would be on in an hour. We left to go visit kids and returned 5 hours later. Still no water and office was closed, at 9pm when their hours are listed as closing at 10 pm. There was no emergency contact and so we just had to leave messages which no one returned until after 9am the next morning. When we checked in they took our contact info so they could have called us or at the very least left a note on our door saying the water was not back on. This is a poorly run place with unprofessional management. The room that we were in was musty smelling and beds were uncomfortable. Do not bother to stay here.

Stayed: September 2017
3  Thank SusanAndKen
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

When we arrived he offered us his "nicest" room all the way on the other side of the hotel, we walked all the way there with our bags to find a room that had not been cleaned after the previous guest. After we walked all the way back to get a new room, we saw we had only two pillows on our king size bed and there was no phone in the room. My husband walked to the office again and asked for more pillows and he said they didn't have any! I've never had a hotel not have extra pillows plus most of the rooms were empty so we could've had some from another room. For what we paid we should've been more accommodated! We both couldn't sleep because we were uncomfortable, we had to turn the noisy AC off so we were hot, we woke up with horrible pains. Then, there was no one in the office to even address our issues when we left in the morning. Bottom line is this place could be really nice if the rooms and bed were upgraded and had an actual staff that attended to its guests and kept the rooms and grounds clean. We won't be back ever.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeniece E
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We spent 3 nights at the Tuscany Hills Retreat in June (2017) with our family and friends for a venue takeover event. My son and his wife were married at Twin Oaks House & Garden Estate which is very close by. The wedding celebration was a three-day event with a golf tournament at the Castle Creek Golf Course and the rehearsal dinner at the hotel. This hotel is tucked away on a beautiful hillside with trees, greenery, and rolling hills surrounding it. We had a blast and the choice to have everyone stay at the same place made it magical.

Hands down the best thing the hotel provided us was Kelly Robertson, the hotel’s event coordinator. She made everything run smoothly as she kept everything going behind the scenes. She was there in the early morning and stayed late into the evening to accommodate us. She was willing to meet all of our requests and she did this with an attitude of love and commitment.

When we started to plan our event in January 2017, the hotel was having some major work done. Some of the grounds were a little rough, needing to be updated. Kelly assured us that it would all be done really nice by the time our June wedding rolled around and she made everything happen right on time. The hotel rooms could still use a few more "extra touches" but overall it is a really nice place and we enjoyed the pool areas, the banquet room, and especially the Villa. Kelly really knows how to keep her customers happy so everything turned out great. We wouldn’t change a thing about our event...just wish we could do it all over again! =)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family