2,569 results
All reviews club level the ritz carlton raya restaurant ocean view market place outdoor bar fire pit views are spectacular salt creek beach beautiful location the cliff fitness center watch the sunset southern california boogie boards luxury hotel four seasons
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We finished up our west coast vacay with 4 nights at the RC Laguna Niguel. Which I was REALLY looking forward to, as I am huge hotel snob and the hotel pretty much makes or breaks my trip for me.

Our room was just average if I’m honest. Crappy coffee maker, chipping paint, etc. The hotel grounds were nice but not amazing. The pool area was unorganized and the service was so-so; same for their valet area. You just dreaded headed out/in each time it was such a clusterf*ck. Their beach service was great! I will give them that.

The main saving grace of this place is the hotel’s many restaurants. I don’t believe we had one bad meal at any of them, (Room service included) so that was at least nice. I really wanted to give them another star but I just couldn’t. We were just that underwhelmed.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shixa
RCLagunaNiguel, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Thank you very much for providing your candid feedback. We appreciate it and have shared it appropriately. We are equally disappointed that you were not beyond satisfied with your experience at the resort. Our ladies and gentlemen intended for your stay
to be exceptional so you could take home long lasting memories. We would enjoy having you back in the future so you may enjoy the service and facilities that we are normally very proud of. Please contact us directly so we my arrange a future stay for you. We realize you have many choices for luxury accommodations, and we wish to reassure you, you have chosen the best.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Fourth year in a row but this year we did the +$150 for the club level. Check in person said “once you do you will never settle for less again”

So here is the deal with club.

Service is spotty. The staff will gush over a table and table serve and my wife and I sat there like what are we chopped liver? Observed this day one and two. 3 and 4 yet to come.

The food is cheap starch like noodles and bread. Yesterday they had a plate of crab claws at 5pm but gone by 510. After that it was a shot glass of gazpacho with 2 shrimp scraps on top.

I don’t know how so many Marriott properties can screw up scrambled eggs. I would expect the ritz club lounge to top your typical residence inn but no joy on that. Eggs are a congealed clump. Eggs are cheap! Throw some in half and half and butter and allow them to look presentable for 40 minutes!

Bottom line save the 150 per day. Go down and get a fresh steak from the restaurant. The cafe has great breakfast burritos. The club does have top shelf drinks but other than that save your money.

The ritz club might look good compared to your typical USA Marriott lounge but that is a low bar for comparison.

I rate the Marriott Heidelberg a match. Marriott Berlin a notch above. Any shanghai property including courtyard and renascence crushes the ritz dana point club lounge .

The Marriott Bangalore Whitfield beats them all. If I were a Marriott exec I would send my managers there to train!

We will be back to dana point. This hotel is great! But we will skip the overrated club level next year.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave H
RCLagunaNiguel, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

On behalf of all our ladies and gentlemen, thank you for sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We kindly ask that you contact our Executive Office right away so that we can ensure your preferences are met for the remainder of your stay. We look forward to speaking with you as soon as possible. Thank you again for letting us know. We appreciate your valuable feedback, and are confident we can regain your faith in us.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

The hotel is located on a cliff side overlooking the beach, amazing views and sunsets! Check in was quick, able to get in the room earlier, valet parking only; the room was spacious but only had 2 double beds not queen size, offered to move to a suite with a roll out bed for an extra $400.00, so we stayed put! Room has coffee pot, small fridge, robes, turn down service. Breakfast is available at the restaurants or at the small cafe by the lobby. Pool was nice, quiet, the bar closes super early, at 5 PM! There's a beach shuttle that takes you down the steep walk to the beach, and umbrellas,chairs and cold water are available at no charge, staff sets up them for you. To get Laguna beach you need a car, or you can take the trolley, Ubber, taxi, etc, about 15 min

Room Tip: Ask for a room with beach view.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank joinville

On behalf of all our ladies and gentlemen, thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed a memorable experience and we look forward to being of service to you again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We booked 4 nights at the Ritz Laguna Niguel for our family of 4. Turns out the room with 2 queens is actually a room with 2 “double” beds. No way 2 adults or teens can comfortably sleep in a double bed, and they won’t bring a roll away bed in. I am so frustrated and angry. My kids are anxious to swim and hit the beach, but instead we are sitting in a tiny room waiting to speak to a manager. We’ve been waiting for over an hour. We will likely leave and stay somewhere else, but I want others to be aware that there are no rooms with queen beds here, there is no flexibility once you arrive if things aren’t as you expect, and the staff here will look down their noses at you if you even think about trying to use reward points of any kind. This has been the most frustrating experience-and we have stayed at several other Ritz Carlton properties with no problems using reward points in the past. Not sure what is going on with this one, but I would not recommend staying here.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

On behalf of all our ladies and gentlemen, thank you for sharing your experience. We kindly ask that you contact our Executive Office right away so that we can ensure you have everything you need for a comfortable and memorable stay. We look forward to speaking with you as soon as possible. Thank you again for letting us know. We appreciate your valuable feedback, and are confident we can regain your faith in us for the remainder of your visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This was a combined business/pleasure trip. The room was booked thru a group and fortunately the price reflected such, unfortunately the room type did as well. Our 1st floor garden view room had a patio open /shared with the rooms around us and looked at a burn. The view was dirt and some green plants. This property is all about the view and unfortunately we were unable to enjoy it other that from common areas. That said, I doubt we would have paid to upgrade to a room with a view bc the rates are extremely high and the rooms underwhelming. A bit dated but brand new properties wouldn't have the view or location. My biggest disappointment was the odd layout and amenities. Coffee maker, fridge and safe in a mirrored cabinet but no outlet. Had to move the coffee maker to the bathroom to use it. A double sink vanity but only one had an outlet (which I had to use for the coffee maker), only one magnifying mirror and amenities only left at one side. Only outlet for the iron was thru a table with only two legs mounted to the wall. Small closet also contained the only drawer space so it was difficult to get at the clothes hanging on the bar.

I was very impressed with all the staff we interacted with. Friendly, knowledgable and professional. Food quality was quite good but access limited. High end restaurants that don't even list prices on the menus displayed in front of them, limited menus at the bars or long lines in the market ( at least for breakfast). Nothing else within walking distance. Great for beach access but not shopping or restaurants.

Even at the group rate we left feeling the value we received was marginal. I know this is an expensive area and a high end property but compared to other luxury properties we would not choose this again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
RCLagunaNiguel, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

On behalf of all our ladies and gentlemen, we thank you for your most valuable feedback. We share all the comments we receive with all our leaders here at the resort in an effort to be the best we can be in both service and facilities. We are delighted to here that our team provided exceptional service, but are equally disappointed that you did not enjoy your overall experience. We hope you had a chance to speak with a member of our management team while you were on property, but if time did not allow please feel free to do so any time. We would enjoy speaking with you. We do look forward to having you stay with us again, and would ask that you make your future arrangements through our Executive Offices. Thank you.