All reviewsrooftop bardoheny beachdouble treegreat locationocean viewsliding doorsitting areatop floorstate parkthe room was niceself parkingcontinental breakfastnice propertyfire pitorange countysouthern californiavalet
Reviewed 16 May 2018

We had such a wonderful experience at this hotel, it exceeded our expectations in every way. The hotel, location, the staff, and the room were very impressive. Plus it was walking distance to the beach, which is where we spent our entire day. I would absolutely recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jeremy W, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Imsamiam,

We are simply elated the Doubletree Dana Point exceeded your expectations in every way possible during your recent vacation with us.

Our hotel offers the best of all worlds with our super close proximity to the ocean at Doheny Beach, convenient location on Pacific Coast Hwy with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, our impressive guestroom suites and phenomenal associates.

Thank you so very much for your five bubble review and truly appreciate you spending your vacation with us!

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

It has been a few years since I was last here. The rooms are updated and looks better. Decent breakfast, and check in was easy and there was plenty of parking. The surrounding streets are busy but not too bad. The viggest issue is that the hotel is right in between roads that are busy and lots of traffic so it can get noisy with all kinds of vehicles passing through. I guess unless you really need to be in this area i.e. beach or work, the hotel is out of the way. At night the they shut down some elevators and so you might have to walk all the way around the parking to get up. They usually have great rates so for me coming from cold weather to warm I do not mind. Also they have a decent breakfast with ready made sandwiches and things that you can take on the go which I personally think is a nice touch so I can grab and go. I will be back when i need to be in the area or need something between L.A. and San Diego.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Jeremy W, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear DKO1K,

We truly value you being a repeat guest at the Doubletree Dana Point and thrilled you enjoyed our extensive hotel renovation since your last visit with us!

Pacific Coast Hwy is one of the most pristine stretches of roadways in the country running up and down the California Coast. Due to the enhanced scenic ocean views around our hotel our location sometimes experiences a spike in activity as a result of these breathtaking scenic overlooks from Pacific Coast Hwy.

Thank you so very much for your detailed review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the best kept secret in Orange County in the near future!

Reviewed 10 May 2018

They did not honor my requests at checkin. Advertised a room with a view but the view was of the highway. The room was noisy, poorly maintained and dirty. Parking was expensive and $25 per day + tip for valet.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jeremy W, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear kennethg347,

Please allow me the opportunity to extend my sincerest apologies for the less than perfect experience you described and our hotel team is disappointed we did not exceed your expectations.

We do our absolute very best to accommodate all guest requests when it comes to certain room types, but unfortunately guest demand exceeds the supply with some of our ocean view rooms.

It is our mission to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Orange County and truly hope you will be kind enough to allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our best in class hospitality during a future visit.

Thank you so very much for sharing your valuable feedback with us

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Stopped here on my way down to San Diego. Property definitely has a great location. Close to beach and shops and only minutes from San Juan Capistrano. Restaurant was under renovation a nice continental breakfast was provided. Definitely a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Royston S
Jeremy W, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Royston S,

We can not agree with you more that our "great location" right on Pacific Coast Hwy, seconds off highway I 5, close proximity to Laguna Beach/San Juan Capistrano, adjacent to Doheny Beach and half way in between LA and San Diego is why the Doubletree Dana Point is the ideal place to stay when visiting Southern California.

Thank you so very much for taking your valuable time to share your feedback and your four bubble review!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here two weeks ago for work. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had the 4th floor suite, very cute little suite, clean and very much updated.

I was not that far from the rooftop bar and my stay was quiet and had no disturbance. Enjoyed my little patio, walk to the beach was a plus.

One thing I didn’t care for is the parking situation for guests. There are no street parking and no guest parking. The hotel itself is smacked in the middle of the roads so that itself was rather awkward. Other than that, can’t complain.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear happygolucky813,

Our daily goal revolves around being the cleanest and friendliest beach front property in Orange County and thrilled we were able to deliver that promise during your recent work visit here at the Doubletree Dana Point.

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us and appreciate your feedback regarding the parking options here at our hotel.