“Boat Slips, Sun, and Happy Hour”

Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dana Point Harbor Drive
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

An OC landmark! Gorgeous and spotlessly clean, fantastic attentive friendly service, fair-affordable prices, easy to find with free nearby parking. Liking fish 'n chips and classic shrimp cocktail, specials on draft beers at happy hour. Warm sunny patio - LET's GO!

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank festivalofartsl
Write a reviewReviews (473)

Reviewed 4 January 2021 via mobile

Very safe dining experience. Went for breakfast this morning and we were of course out side. Our vegetarian fratatas were fresh and the service was excellent.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank yogiacomo
Reviewed 5 December 2020

I live in Laguna Beach and ride my bike and paddle board in Dana Point 5 days a week. On many occasions I eat at Harpoon Henry's! I love the Petrale Sole and the calamari steak. I take my friends there and never have I had a bad meal, service or a rude server. Yes in today's situation you do have to ask for salt and pepper but the area to dine in is beautiful and the view is wonderful! Enjoy!

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 26 October 2020

I went walking while hubby was working. Stopped here to eat. Had a delicious MaiTai and Shrimp & Chips. Great service provided by Nicholas. Until I finished and went to the restroom I realized hubby and I had eaten here once before. Must mean something!! I do recommend. :)

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank GriseldaC2
Reviewed 2 October 2020

But for the excellent service Jesse provided and but for the friendly, enthusiastic assistance of the hostesses, this place would have rated a minus star for the review.

Coronavirus protections met or exceeded state guidelines. Now for the bad news.

1. the clam chowder was way overpriced and merely passable
2. they charge for bread-Really?
3. very limited menu for appetizers
4. extremely pricey for watered down alcohol drinks
5. the "fresh" seafood was not

Now for the suggestion: skip this place!

Date of visit: October 2020