“Someone knows how to make a recommendation”
Review of Taco Asylum

Taco Asylum
Get food delivered
Reviewed 14 February 2020 via mobile

Note: No pictures because we ate the food too fast. Not sorry.

We came on a recommendation from a friend of one of us in the group. On town on business, I knew I needed a fish taco. What I realized after a short stint in the Taco Asylum, is that I also needed a Banh Mi and a PB&J Bacon, too.

I have no idea what the meat in the Banh Mi is seasoned with, but I suspect it's love and joy. The flavor is ridiculous. If I didn't have a need to try more, I'd have ordered a trio of these. If you order nothing else here, Trust Mi and get the Banh Mi.

The battered fish taco was the weakest link in my three-link taco chain, and it is STRONG. Great mix of fresh ingredients, flavor, and it did not disappoint.

Now, the PB&J Bacon taco. Wow. Not my typical combination of flavors, but an amazing mix and an unexpectedly good mix. The homemade jelly, homemade peanut butter, and the spicy bacon should get together more often. They can meet in my mouth whenever.

The guacamole was good, and the nachos "with protein" were a surprisingly delicious addition to the evening.

Run to the Taco Asylum and get admitted. You'll be glad you did.

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed 10 January 2020 via mobile

Our server eagerly jotted down our custom orders (no onions, sauce on the side, etc) and brought out our food a few minutes later. Overall the tacos were good although they were a little skimpy with the main ingredients. A few noteworthy details:
-Lemongrass shrimp: ok but shrimp was overcooked and tough
-Blackened Pacific Cod: fresher than the shrimp and tasty with the chipotle aioli and lime
-Banh Mi: thumbs up good
-Guacamole, Tortilla Chips, and “Sauce”: guacamole was fresh and good. We could not figure out the strange after taste of the green sauce (salsa verde??) and could not eat it.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 30 November 2019

I had a Steak Taco (fusion) which was very good but not very authentic as it is more of a modern fusion twist to it, I loved their own hot Ghost chili sauce. I would go back there but I feel there must be more authentic options in that area for Tacos.

Date of visit: November 2019
2  Thank Asim A
Reviewed 11 October 2019 via mobile

This is definitely a great place where you can get very strange and unusual tacos.
All announced flavors are present and the overall mix is really tasty. Let you be surprised !

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank Bambooly
Reviewed 3 July 2019

Great tacos, Great atmosphere, Great Craft Beer & Great service. What else can you want to have a wonderful meal indoors or out?

Date of visit: July 2019