All reviews overnight stay motor inn refrigerator motel towels bed bathroom shampoo redwoods internet trees
Reviewed 4 July 2018

It is an older motor lodge at a great price and location. I had a little air conditioning issue, but, the maintenance man fixed it. The rooms were clean. I will defiantly stay here again next time I visit the Sonoma Wine Region.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Cloverdale was my last stop on my bicycle trip from Washington to California on Route 101, cutting over to Route 1 in California, and then riding the beautiful Route 128. I loved the ride, which was shaded by trees, including some big redwoods, farmland, and of course, vineyards. The managers couldn't have been more accommodating, recognizing the heat and my long ride, they gave me slippers to wear and a terrific large room. I took a short stroll to the local health food store for some dinner and was tucked away in my room in no time. I would definitely come back to this hotel and this town. A lovely location with restaurants, Friday artists market, and historic sites.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Our room held a king size bed - barely. One night stand was the refrigerator, and there was not a chair in the room. The side of the bed had been sat on so often that it was totally broken down - very soft. Bathroom was ok - but could not get hot water no matter how long we ran it. Internet was spotty - worked / didn't work. So, adequate, but that's about it.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

My (now) fiancee grew up in Cloverdale, CA and were coming back for a four day wedding for my sister. I was looking for something affordable(on Memorial Day weekend of all times), clean, and that reminded me of the small town feel we so love about Cloverdale. I had never stayed at the Vineyard Valley Inn but have driven by countless times.

The day I arrived I was hit with an illness and was feeling awful. I left our outing with my family and came alone to the hotel only slightly prepared because I had not thought it through. The owner was kind and friendly. She was very helpful as I struggled to get through the process of checking in.

The room was gorgeous! The bathroom was a great size. More than enough room for me to get ready at the same time. The bed was large, my fiancee is almost 7', his feet did not hang off the edge of the bed. It was also comfortable. Outside they had a small patio area that I would have taken advantage of had I been feeling better.

By that evening my fiancee came down with the same illness and we decided to cut our trip short and leave right after the wedding. Leaving the after festivities to the other healthier guests. I felt pretty guilty for booking a room over Memorial day weekend but the owner was a gem. She refunded the days we didn't stay and even recognized me from when I worked and lived in town. It was all around a wonderful expearience and I will definitely stay here again when I come back for visits!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2017

We were looking for a place to get a quick rest while heading north and Cloverdale came up on the map. Seems most the motels are very similar in the city and not sure what drew us to the Vineyard Valley Inn but it was inexpensive with good service and quiet. Doors are to the outside so we did hear the cars in the lot, people coming and going. The rooms were big enough, clean, but the sheets for the bed were very rough and itchy. The room had a coffee maker, microwave, TV, and frig. Bathroom had plenty of soap but no towels. My wifey didn’t shower and I used the hand towels, no big deal. The room was a little worn but overall it served our needs.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lorena S, Manager at Vineyard Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay, we will check on the sheets to fix that and make sure that their a are towels in all the rooms, but always feel free to call the front desk if anything is needed. We appreciate your business.