“We love Lucy's Lair”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Mamabeare...
San Francisco, CA
“We love Lucy's Lair”
Reviewed 14 January 2015 for a stay in August 2013

We've been taking our annual weeklong August vacation in Cazadero for many years. We have stayed at Lucy's Lair for seven of these trips, as well as the occasional long weekend trip in the winter.

The house is situated perfectly to enjoy Cazadero. Austin Creek is in the backyard. The street the house is on is the quieter of the two main streets going through Cazadero. We love the wild blackberry bushes along the creek.

The house itself is an open floor plan style, with a large central room comprising kitchen, dining room and living room. The two bedrooms open into this central room, separated by a bathroom, which also opens into the main room.

The kitchen is well stocked and easy to cook in. I enjoyed the quality of the pots and pans - something you don't find in every rental. I have learned to bring my own knives. I appreciate the gas stove.

The bedrooms are an OK size, a bit small.

The only drawback is that the bed in the master bedroom is so uncomfortable we have stopped booking at this house. It really is that bad. When one calls the rental company to complain, they always say that beds are a matter of personal preference, but the reviews on this are consistent and something should be done.

We're trying other houses in the area, somewhat regretfully because really, we do feel Lucy's Lair has so much going for it in terms of location it's hard to beat.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
San Francisco
Reviewed 10 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

San Francisco
Reviewed 26 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

26 Jul 2013
And we will welcome you back. Thanks for sharing your experience. -Rachel, Russian River Getaways
Ca
Reviewed 13 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
13 Jun 2013
Lucy's is a little gem away from home. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with your dog. It's one of our cabins that's definitely geared for dogs. We' hope to see you soon!
Russian River Getaways
CA
Reviewed 19 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Check-in / front desk
19 Jan 2013
We'll make sure the light is fixed and the path cleared, thanks for letting us know.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing