13 people are viewing this hotel
US$201
Trip.comUS$213
travelup.comUS$216
HurbUS$207
All reviews mid century vibe chevron gas station pet store water machine recently remodeled rooms deep cleaning great hotel breakfast and dinner cannery row absolutely stay here again big sur walking distance monterey bay highly recommend this hotel easy access excellent stay business trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2021

Paying $550 for two nights. Located along the highway. The rooms are nicely renovated and clean. I was disappointed to find, when we arrived, that the hottub is down for renovation. The agent at the desk advised that the hotel website reflects this fact. However, it was not revealed on TripAdvisor. There is no housekeeping here, which surprised me when our hotel in SanFran has restored housekeeping. Our assigned room faced north towards the parking lot and freeway. They kindly relocated us to face towards the pool. Much better. There is a "resort fee" which makes little sense given the limited amenities...you get parking, pool, wifi, and terry robes. The initial charge on the credit card was $600, and it was explained that $50 will be refunded at checkout. Overall, this place is overpriced. I don't think I'll be back.

Room tip: Request pool view, avoid north face highway view.
Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank Su M
David Lurie, General Manager at Carmel Mission Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2021

Thank you for the feedback. We continue to update the property and unfortunately have had multiple delays on the repairs to the Jacuzzi. Today the contractor finally finished the tiling and we are now awaiting for the custom guide rails to be manufactured and installed prior to reopening. We will clean rooms on overnight stays on prior request and this is our company wide policy today. I am glad that we were able to upgrade your room and we do hope you will give us another try next time you are in Carmel.

Reviewed 25 August 2021

This wonderfully appointed hotel is conveniently located on the edge of Carmel but steps from hiking and biking paths and many shops, restaurants and and amenities.
Whoever did the recent redesign of this hotel gets an A+

• Trip type: Travelled on business
David Lurie, General Manager at Carmel Mission Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2021

Thank you for the kind review and we are so pleased that you like the recent makeover. We hope you will make Carmel Mission Inn you place of choice on your return visit and also hope you will try our new restaurant Shearwater Tavern with daily happy hour treats.

Reviewed 20 August 2021

Called for reservation. Asked for premium room since we were celebrating our 31st anniversary.
Thought room would be warm and comfortable. It was modern, sparsely decorated, did not include any cleaning or linen service during our stay and found the staff aloof and uninterested in our perception of our stay.
If I was still traveling for business, it would have been fine. Get in to a clean room, out the next day and no fuss. For a vacation stay, or celebrating any personal event in your life, try one of the many other customer focused small hotels in the area. Save the money if this is your choice Find a chain hotel and set your expectations low enough so you won’t be disappointed, at a lower price. Won’t be staying here again….expensive mistake.

1  Thank W9024SKrobertg
David Lurie, General Manager at Carmel Mission Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2021

We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 we are only cleaning rooms during our guests stay on request for the safety of our guest and our staff. We offer on check-in that if you request a cleaning we can schedule it as long as our guests are out of the room for a long enough period of time. I am sorry you felt that our staff was aloof as we pride ourselves on engaging the customer. I hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to Carmel and please feel free to reach out to me directly to assist you with your reservation. Again our apologies and happy anniversary I am sorry we did not make you stay a positive one.

Reviewed 20 August 2021

I booked this hotel through Hotels.com because the pool and specifically the jacuzzi. When we arrived, the jacuzzi was closed. I talked to the front desk staff and they said it was listed on their site. It was but not on the Hotels.com site. Still, they showed no empathy and mentioned they had been waiting awhile to get it fixed. I paid more for this place than others because of the pool and jacuzzi so was very disappointed. They basically shrugged their shoulders. Then my wife found sand in the bed. The TV in the fitness center didn’t work. Overall, for what I paid I expected better. I have stayed at a fair amount of hotels and would expect this from a cheap motel but not an over priced hotel.

1  Thank christophthart

We are so sorry and will update Hotels.com about the Jacuzzi. We have struggled with our Pool company to get this repair completed and have pushed them as hard as we could to get the last piece which is the safety rails installed before opening it. The pool is heated and we know it's not the same but we hope you had an opportunity to enjoy it. The fitness center has all new equipment and we are in the process of bringing in the necessary wiring to hook up cabling for TV. Finding sand in your bed is for us extremely disappointing and I apologize as our standards are very high for the cleanliness of our rooms. We shared this information with our Director of Housekeeping and Director of Operations to find out how this could have happened. Please accept our apologies and thank you for your feedback as we take it very seriously.

Reviewed 19 August 2021

The desk service was efficient but not particularly friendly. I felt like I was inconveniencing the staff when I asked for room options and pricing. My view was of the canopy walkway which was dirty. I was next to the elevator and could hear every person that got on and off and anyone talking in the hall or at the pool. The hamburger from the restaurant was over cooked, over salted, greasy as heck and I couldn't eat it. The french fries were just as bad. Their non-alcoholic drink options are dismal (no ice tea??) I was happy to be able to charge my car. Overall, a cool looking average hotel

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. We have spent a lot of training time with our front =desk team and want to be extremely customer focused and it sounds like we missed the boat on that. I have reviewed with the chef and restaurant manager your feedback on the meal as this is a brand new restaurant and the quality of our product, having iced tea available should as well as non-alcoholic drinks is a must and we will certainly add these items. We hope you will give us another try on your next visit and let me assist you with your stay. Thank you for your feedback.