“lovely alfresco lunch spot!”
Review of Village Corner

Village Corner
Ranked #34 of 155 Restaurants in Carmel
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Description: If there was an award for “Local’s Favorite Gathering Place” in Carmel, The Village Corner California Bistro would be the sure winner! Located in the heart of Carmel, on picture-perfect Dolores and Sixth streets, this charming indoor-outdoor bistro has been a consistent gathering place for locals and visitors alike for over 60 years! We offer a wide range of dishes from our famous Village Corner Eggs Benedict to our succulent Oak Wood Fired Mixed Grill. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We were visiting Carmel for the day, and we happened upon this restaurant when we were ready for lunch. We were seated quickly at a lovely table on the outdoor patio -- which made for a gorgeous scene and lots of sunshine as we enjoyed our food. The service was fast and attentive, and the wine list was great. I'd definitely recommend it if you're on the hunt for an upscale, outdoor dining experience!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Helen and I popped in here for lunch on our last trip to Carmel based on the recommendation of a local store. We experienced good service, a decent quesadilla and a very good salad. The wine (as suggested by our server) was also good. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Village Corner offers a marvelous selection of breakfast food. The Veggie Benedict is outstanding. They even have gluten free toast .
We’be visited this reataurant for breakfast numerous times and especially like the oitside dining next to the fire pit.
If your staying in Carmel this is a must visit place for breakfast.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

OK, first let's just establish that I', picky about my food. Just ask my wife. Next, I'm from New York (actually The South Bronx- so that may go without saying). I know Pastrami. If there were a Pastrami Olympics-I'm a Judge. So....I see it onb the menu; I make a big deal of asking "Just how good is your Pastrami?" The owner/chef assures me it will be the best I have ever tasted. They make it in-house. Hmmmm. Bring it on. Well, I lose; they win. Just give them the (hypothetical) Gold Medal now. Competition closed. It tasted great but it also LOOKED fantastic. Perfect. No, really; perfect. Big chunks of charcoal-edged seared meat. I had it (because I'm a purist) not as a Reuben (which it is on the menu) but just meat on rye. Do not go to NY, to Brooklyn, or anywhere else for the best. Actually, all the food is great here and I appreciate that this little Carmel restaurant was recently purchased by the chef who has such a great local reputation (Chef of the Year). Now Two in his "chain." As far as I (a d my wife and friends) are concerned; Chef Soerke...go on and take over the town! We will all (visitors and us locals) eat better!
Gosh....all this is making me hungry.
Taum D.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Breakfast in Carmel.

Seated outside in sunny warm Carmel.

Friendly and attentive staff.

Great selections for breakfast including your own choices.

Great orange juice.