7 people are viewing this hotel
Trip.comUS$304
ZenHotels.comUS$251
Lol.travelUS$241
2,922 results
All reviews treasure hunt treasure chest disco elevator bunk beds bricks restaurant dance party pirate room my son disco ball skyline cafe pirate ship whoopee cushion themed rooms an adventure kingdom room elevator ride dinner buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2021

We spent two nights here and our family had a blast. It was easy to check in and out, make dinner and breakfast reservations, text room service and I loved how close we are to the park. Our room was the pirate themed room and was clean. No a/c noise! Definitely soundproof. Customer service was excellent from everyone.Weekends do get busy so if you prefer a smaller crowd book during the week. They have great activities to keep kids busy. We definitely will be coming back.

Date of stay: September 2021
Jolene Sanchez, Guest Services / Front Office at LEGOLAND California Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for your five star review! We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our resort and we hope to see you again soon!

Celeste Lepper | Guest Experience Managing Team | LEGOLAND® California Resort

Reviewed 3 September 2021 via mobile

The hotel has great location (right at the entrance of the park) and nice room decor as well as friendly staff. The bell hops are extremely helpful.

However, it’s still not worth the price and has serious problems. The room was small and dark. The walls are thin like paper. You can’t get a good night of sleep because of it. The towels/sheets/shampoo are cheap. We were in the princess room and it is on the ground floor next to the playground. There is not enough spacing between the room and the playground, so we had to shut the curtains at all time otherwise people look straight into our room.

The resort fee is $30 and the parking is $25 even for hotel guests who are paying almost $1000 a night.

What is the most concerning issue is there is lack of social distancing or other covid protocol whatsoever. In the hotel restaurant it was worst. The restaurant was crowded and no division between tables. We had two meals there. In the morning the buffet area was just jammed with people next to each other without masks on. I couldn’t help feeling like being in a petri dish for covid.
The playground is the same. Few kids were wearing masks and it was more crowded than any playground we visited in the past year.

The hotel should have done more to ensure the safety of guests.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jolene Sanchez, Guest Services / Front Office at LEGOLAND California Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2021

Hello paramyself, while we are very pleased to know that you found our bellhops to be very helpful we are saddened to learn that you experienced disappointment during your stay. Your review has been shared with the Hotels' Management Team for there review so they may address the concerns mentioned. We do sincerely apologize for the disappointment that you experienced.

Reviewed 31 August 2021

In my opinion, LEGOLAND California Resorts really needs to improve on their customer service skills. I purchased a two (2) day (8/20/2021 & 8/21/2021) birthday package that included two (2) All-Day Resort Dining Package for a family of five (5) which costs $394.45 + taxes for each day. When we arrived the bands were not provided by the front desk and I was told to address my issues the following day with Parks Guest Services. The next day, we then got redirected to go back to the hotel front desk and speak with a manager. Although the front desk staff was professional and very polite (Kenneth), after he spoke with his manager I was sadly informed that I would not be refunded/credited for the one (1) All-Day Resort Dining that my family and I did not use. The only option would be to use it on the day I was checking out, which was not realistic as this was our travel day back home. I asked Kenneth to provide me the name of his manager since she (Yesenia Reyes, Front Office Manager) refused to speak with me and I will be filing a complaint on poor customer services and charging me close to $400.00 for food services that I did not receive. He then came back and handed me her business card. Although, I had customer service issues at all levels (Phone Hotline, Front Desk, & Guest Services) with LEGOLAND California Resorts in addressing my issues and it still goes unresolved. I am most disappointed specifically with Ms. Yesenia Reyes, Front Office Manager and the lack of professionalism presented when a paying customer had legitimate concerns and she didn't address it directly with the customer herself. I've been working in management for over ten (10) years and never once seen this low level of customer service in my entire career.

Date of stay: August 2021
Jolene Sanchez, Guest Services / Front Office at LEGOLAND California Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2021

Hello billyjoelaw we appreciate you taking the time to share your review. We are all saddened to learn that you experienced some issues with the all-day dining package. Your review has been shared with our Hotel Manager for her review, please be assured she will be addressing your issues. If you have yet contacted us please do so via the contact page on our website so we can look into your issue.

We do sincerely apologize for the disappointment that you experinced.

Reviewed 28 August 2021

We had re- booked this vacation a few times due to covid. I read the reviews when I initially booked in January of 2020 and they were great. When I read the more recent review from summer of 2021 I was a bit worried but I was pleasantly surprised that we didn't experience any of the things written about other reviews.

Our kids LOVED the themed room, we paid for the full-theme room and thought it was worth the experience. The elevator rides and dance parties at night were their highlight.

We haven't been to Disney but we felt like this hotel truly thought of everything when it comes to kids. The kid area had their own TV with only kid channels, there is a kid peep hole, a kid toilet seat attached to the toilet, sprayers in the shower, soap pumps instead of bar soap and a stool in the bathroom for easy hand washing for smaller kids.

I loved the "text" option for front desk questions. They always responded right away and I felt like anytime we asked for towels or anything it arrived shortly after. We did have to ask quite a few things that I feel like the the front desk probably should have gone over but thankfully we knew to ask. Things like early park entrance etc.

There was a man named Baruch who did Balloon Art and was a magician who was very friendly and personable with the kids and parents in the lobby area.

They are not cleaning rooms nightly unless requested due to Covid, which was fine. The only bummer about this is we had to request our legos each day for our kid safe and then place those in without our kids looking since they were super excited about that part of the hotel stay. We figured out a work around but if you don't ask new legos are not automatically delivered like normal non-covid times.

The only thing that made me cringe during these covid times is the breakfast buffet in the morning. There are A LOT of people in one space all eating and kids were not all being watched so I saw little hands going into bowls of food instead of using tongs etc. I get it, kids are kids but maybe allow people to take breakfast to go during this odd time. We tried and were told no by the restaurant manager.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to other families with lego obsessed kids. Our son is 8, super into legos and thought this place was awesome. Our daughter is 6, isn't super into legos but also loved the hotel.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from main lobby for a more quiet experience and a view of the pool or park.
Date of stay: August 2021
Jolene Sanchez, Guest Services / Front Office at LEGOLAND California Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2021

Hello drinaely,

Thank you for your four star review! I'm glad to hear that your visit to the resort went smoothly, and that you would recommend us to other families.

Celeste Lepper | Guest Experience Managing Team | LEGOLAND® California Resort

Reviewed 27 August 2021

If you dig up my first review of the hotel from a few years ago, you'd read that our family pretty much loved our visit. I don't know if it's the covid recovery or what, but this stay was just straight-up bad, especially considering what we paid for it.

To keep things concise, I'll lay it out like this:

Management was unreachable. There would either be no response via text or a long line to talk to someone.

When we wanted to eat breakfast outside, we were treated like -we- were the problem, not the hundreds of people dining indoors without masks or distancing or pretty much any other precaution, and this while the Delta variant was raging.

The only reason not to allow families to take food back to their rooms is if they're worried about people taking too much and carting it out of the hotel. Suspicion is not the way to treat guests.

The pool was open for 4 hours per day on weekdays. This is a -resort- in the -summer-. Just unacceptable when people are paying as much as they are.

If you're wondering "do we shell out for a Disneyland vacation, or maybe this is good enough?", don't skimp. This property has a lot of issues to work out before they regain our trust (if ever).

Date of stay: August 2021
Jolene Sanchez, Guest Services / Front Office at LEGOLAND California Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2021

Hello, bradalad we appreciate you taking the time to share your review. We are all saddened to learn that your stay was not as enjoyable as your past visit. Your review has been shared with the Hotels' Management Team for their review. We do sincerely apologize for the disappointment you experienced.