2,316 results
All reviews four seasons golf course california bistro lobby lounge batiquitos lagoon adult pool family pool turn down service beautiful hotel pool staff tennis courts play golf air hockey breakfast buffet is rooms are spacious del mar san diego
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Overall service and food are excellent. Friendly staff and wonderful ambiance. Nice surrounding and the bed is very comfortable. House keeping is fast and clean. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
ParkHyattAviara, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear D2001XT, Thank you for the kind words! We are happy to read you enjoyed the service from our staff as well as the surroundings of the resort. Look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Hotel is in a great location. The actual property is great, spotless, great customer service. Room was very nice with a super comfy bed and really nice pillow. I especially enjoyed the turn down service.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
ParkHyattAviara, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear dgalvan2018, Sometimes the nicest reviews are the most concise, and we certainly appreciate you taking the time to post such great comment about The Park Hyatt Aviara! Thank you so much for the kind words.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We received a very good welcome when we arrived and were impressed with the size and quality of the hotel. We decided to have proper coffee (as opposed to American Diner Coffee) and settled down in the main lounge area. The server had never heard of a Flat White and brought me the tiniest and most pathetic coffee I had ever seen, most of which was cold froth, for which I was charged $12! Another server came around next and asked, in not too friendly a fashion, my son (7 years old) to put his shoes on. Children don't seem to be too welcome here, unless they sit still, say nothing and spend money. This lounge was one of only two places to eat in the evening in this enormous place. The other option was an Italian restaurant with meal prices starting at the GDP of a small African country. We drove down the road and ate out. Another eating option was at the golf course, but this could only be accessed by a transfer bus. We had a very happy experience at the golf course (except for the exorbitant green fees) and the staff were genuinely courteous, considerate and helpful. The course was good fun and in good condition. As well as the non-optional "Resort Fee" of $35 per night (which is, I assume, a way of making the room prices seem competitive), we were also charged $38 dollars per night for the car to be parked on the property. We were there three nights and they didn't even clean the windscreen as part of the deal. So, when you look at the room rate for this hotel, add $73 dollars per night (plus tax, of course).

1  Thank jeremy w

Dear HerewardAwake, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at The Park Hyatt Aviara. Although we are happy to read about your arrival and your experience on the golf course was, we are disappointed that we did not live up to your expectations in all areas. We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the resort.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We came here from Los Angeles with our 3 year old twins for their Birthday. We were going to enjoy the amenities and go to Legoland.
The minute we walked in our hotel room it smelled musky and once the doors to the terrace were open an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke flooded the room.
One of the twins is extremely sensitive health wise to smoke.
The bellman noticed the smell as well and said it was a non-smoking resort so he wasn't sure where it would have come from.

When we then asked to change rooms we were told we needed to pay an additional fee!

Fine. I'll pay it not have to stay in a room that smells like a Reno casino. Then once we got down to our new room it took 3 phone calls and 2 hours to have the boys cribs moved from the original rooms one floor up so they could take a nap. Plus someone must have just moved out of this room because ALL of the toiletries (slippers, mouthwash, etc) had been stripped from the room. Definitely not a 5 star experience so far!

I later went to the spa for a massage. My son and I shared some fish tacos on the way from Los Angeles that made us both feel ill and once I was better I still felt very tense.
The massage therapist, Camilla was 5 minutes late. She then proceeded to tell me that a flu had been going around and she didn’t want to catch anything. “Also” a massage might not be good for “me”. I told her it was
just something I ate. She left and I lay on the table, minutes ticking by. Finally a manager came in and asked me about my health. I told her the same thing. They left me to wait a again after almost 10 minutes the therapist came in to start my massage. She unapologetically explained that the manager had needed to find her a mask! (Keep in mind I had no cough, fever or any symptoms other than stomachache upset for a day. I appeared perfectly healthy. I amazed a “spa” can stay in business if they turn down everyone that feels like they need some rejuvenating after a stressful time (like a long car trip and having an upset tummy for a day). The massage was less than mediocre-
She appeared afraid to touch me. And had to breath heavily, Darth Vader-like through her mask.

When I checked out I mentioned the massage had not been for the full time of 50 min due to the 15 min late start. They “graciously”**
took off 20 % but then proceeded to add a 20% gratuity based on the original total for themselves and the masseuse.
Definition of gratuity
: something given voluntarily or beyond obligation usually for some service; especially : tip 1. a gift of money, over and above payment due for service, as to a waiter or bellhop

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank daniellered2018

Dear daniellered2018, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at The Park Hyatt Aviara. We have contacted you via private message on Yelp regarding this same review so that we can personally follow up. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Wow- great staff and comfortable beds. But kudos on the amenity package- you can show up with a duffle and be fine. Toothpaste to shoe shine you are covered. Love this place the suite is bigger but regular room feels just as plush.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear pillowandfork, So happy you enjoyed your stay and the comfortable beds at Park Hyatt Aviara! We look forward to your return!