All reviews historic hotel restaurant downstairs hot tub an older hotel downtown calistoga private jacuzzi pool area no elevator desk staff the cottages the main street wine tasting the staff was friendly and helpful lincoln ave nice breakfast bed was very comfortable quaint town
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I have stayed two different times at this lovely hotel. The rooms are wonderful! My first stay was in a suite with two bedrooms and a lounge. Each room had its own dressing table complete with makeup mirror. We were given a complimentary bottle of wine and champagne.
The staff is wonderful, particularly Roxane! I love the long curving stairway, and the warm feeling that you get upon entering the hotel. They offer a complimentary breakfast at an adjoining restaurant also. The pool area is beautiful and relaxing.
I highly recommend this Hotel!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lile2015
MountViewMgr, General Manager at Mount View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Lile2015,
We want to thank for writing this review and for being a repeat guest to the hotel. I can't express how thrilled Roxan was to be mentioned in the review. Roxan and the entire Front Desk staff works hard to help our guest have the best experience possible and when someone get their named mentioned and the thanks you at check out really make it's worth it. Hope you able to return soon, Derrick

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I almost hate to leave a review because I don't want too many people to discover the Mount View Hotel! *wink* This is a historic hotel right in downtown Calistoga, complete with pool and spa. We were fortunate enough to have one of the cottages, complete with private jacuzzi and patio. Needless to say, we spent a lot of time on our patio enjoying the sunshine and complimentary bottle of wine! There are 2 good restaurants on site as well.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A.M. W
MountViewMgr, General Manager at Mount View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear A.M.W,
We never get tired of reading great reviews and appricate it very much when people take the time to write one. Thank you, Derrick

Reviewed 5 April 2018

this was an extremely pleasant hotel. we had an issue where our shower didn't work and the staff couldn't be more apologetic. they didn't have another room for us to transfer to, but accommodated us as much they could and comped us the room. i don't blame the hotel for something they probably weren't aware of, but its how they handled it that made up for it. well done.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erik1200

Dear Erik1200,
It sure is disappointing when a shower unexpectedly fails because we are letting our customer down. Our staff works hard to try and make our guests experiences better. Your understanding of the situation was truly appreciated. The shower has been fixed. Thank you for taking the time to post a review, Derrick

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Superb location, nice hotel. Clean, quiet, spacious room. Kind of pricey, but, that's the weekend in Wine Country.
Folks at the front desk are thoroughly knowledgeable about the area. Particular shout out to Matthew, so very friendly with all the guests, and able to any question or inquiry about the Wine Country.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sibryb

Dear sibryb,
Thank you for writing this review, Matthew was especial proud of being mentioned and he should be. Our entire staff does as much as they can to help our guest experience and it's very gratifying when it's recognized. Thanks again, Derrick

Reviewed 3 March 2018

My husband and I wanted to plan a quick little getaway over President's Day this year (last minute!). To my surprise, there was one cottage left at Mount View AND they had availability for massages! We had been told to check out Indian Springs, the larger resort just down the street but they were booked. Mount View was the second place we checked out and we're glad we did.

I made the reservation over the phone and the two individuals I spoke with were incredibly kind and quick. We reserved a cottage with private jacuzzi and booked two massages. Parking was a little weird; we found street parking behind the hotel but there are some spots reserved for both cottage stayers and hotel guests too. Check-in was incredibly quick and Matthew offered to make us dinner reservations and could point us in the direction of great places to run into if we hadn't made plans.

The room was FABULOUS - they warned us that it was a small studio but when we arrived it was a lot larger then they let on. I think some folks assume that a "cottage" would have a full kitchen, etc. It was trendy decor and came with a bottle of wine. The Jacuzzi took about 25 minutes to fill up and was divine. They even give you a little bath bomb to throw in there!

We didn't venture to the pool (although it is open super late) because we had our own private tub. The spa was really nice too - large changing rooms with amenities. My husband had a deep tissue massage (I can't remember the woman's name!!) and I had a Swedish massage from Bruce. We both left very relaxed. Needless to say, we will definitely be making an annual trip from here out!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank slynndunbar
MountViewMgr, General Manager at Mount View Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear slynndunbar,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. These reviews are so helpful to us and potential guests and we just can't receive enough of them. Thanks again for your great review, Derrick