“Comfort in the City”
Excellent
Front walkway
Entry hall
Stairs to Asia Suite
Asia Suite with great queen bed
Asia Suite
Asia Suite dresser
Asia Suite bath
Library as a sitting room
Library with queen bed
Kitchen towards front window
Living room
Back garden from deck
Back garden from deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Zosia1
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Comfort in the City”
Reviewed 5 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

What a fabulous guest house and host! Terry really took care of us. I had a recent ice skating accident prior to arrival and both of my wrists were in braces. This handicap made travel really challenging for us. Terry saw this and went out of her way to help with all matters. Her home is so welcoming, beautifully appointed and with every comfort addressed. It is conveniently located and in a safe and lovely neighborhood. Thank you, Terry for all that you did to make our stay so wonderful.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Terry made us feel so welcomed.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Rasha A
Bahrain
“The greatest asset of staying in this home is its' owner”
Reviewed 10 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

My husband, my daughter and I stayed here for about 3 weeks in August, 2015. Although we didn't need the chemical free environment and in fact it initially seemed impossible for us to get our rubbish sorted correctly in line with the recycling guidelines practised in the house we ended up appreciating both it and the enviroment-friendly practices. So much so that I actually purchased, for the first time ever, a natural laundry detergent and I seriously considered using dryer balls instead of the usual chemicals laden fabric softeners. I am grateful to Terry for providing us with the information we needed to help us set up our daughter who was an incoming international freshman at UC, Berkeley. She gave very sound advice on a lot of things including the best mattress topper for a university dorm-bed, how to use the BART ( the local train service) and sororities related advice to my daughter. She will take it upon herself to research information on behalf of her guests without them having to ask.
My daughter and I are very close and it was very difficult for me to leave her in a place 8000 miles away from home. Most of all, I am grateful to Terry for her authoritative yet friendly and insightful demeanor which helped ease both my daughter's anxieties and my endless worrying. She took it upon herself to drive both my daughter and I to her university accommodation before the planned move-in date just to help relieve her fears.
When she learnt from my husband that I enjoy going to the theatre and listening to classical music while he doesn't, she arranged for her and I to do both.
It was our first ever experience of sharing a stranger's home. Little did I know that by the end of our stay, saying goodbye to this stranger would feel more like leaving behind a dear family member.
So yes, although I agree with all of the other reviewers that the home is comfortable and very nicely furnished, to me the greatest asset of staying in Terry's house is Terry herself.

Travelling group: Other
Scott S
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Terry's home provided a wonderful holding for my friends and me.”
Reviewed 4 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Three of my friends and I stayed with Terry while we participated in a spiritual retreat in Berkeley. Her home and her presence provided a wonderful holding for us to return to each evening. I'm very appreciative of the experience.

Travelling group: Friends
lavienros...
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
“Heavenly experience !”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband planned to visit UC Berkeley in August 2014 during which he wanted to spend most of the time in reading and writing at home other than the appointed meeting. As such, our needs were somewhat different from those of other holiday makers and the last minute booking in the holiday season was very difficult among downtown holiday apartments which had been actually fully booked. I eventually found NBHH which is a guesthouse outside the downtown but this turned out to be fortunate of us. Terry was very quick and conscientious in responding to my inquiries before and during our two-week stay which became a heavenly experience for us. We liked her house which is charmingly decorated by her selection of artworks giving peaceful and serene ambience. Terry was quite helpful in providing more-than-expected information as well as attentive in spotting our needs and interests. She booked Chez Panisse for us and spent her time taking us to a local farm, farmer’s market celebration, supermarkets and a picnic concert in San Francisco, each of which could have never been easily accessible for visitors like us. Soon we liked North Berkeley much more than the downtown, because of nice neighborhood, peaceful environment and stunning view of the bay area which we enjoyed like locals. Do I want to return? Yes, indeed, we actually re-booked Terry’s house rescheduling the rest of our itinerary.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Helpfulness of the owner
Liked least: unstable wifi in the private room (okay at the common area)
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children
MSB1980
Asheville, North Carolina
“Excellent stay ... highly recommend!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Our stay with Terry was a very pleasant experience. We were in Berkeley looking for an apartment and she was very helpful in our search. She worked closely with us to help identify the best areas to live and what the price range of each area should be. When we found a place to live, she was very helpful with information about where we would could go to furnish our new living space. During our five day stay, she was very friendly and approachable, answering any and all questions we had. She also went above and beyond to help us get rental applications filled and submitted late at night. We highly recommend staying with Terry!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Terry, the owner. She goes out of her way to help with virtually anything!
Liked least: Not applicable.
Travelling group: Extended Family
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing