“Beautiful grounds; sufficient efficiency suite”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Sue H
Denver, Colorado
“Beautiful grounds; sufficient efficiency suite”
Reviewed 6 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I stayed 3 nights in the Sequoia Resort Guest Suite in October 2017. I had no idea that the grounds were so large and included hiking paths and a lake. The location was in an amazing, remote, tucked-away section of land 30 minutes from King's Canyon NP. As I was driving to the suite the first day I kept thinking "can this be right? I'm in the middle of nowhere!" The beautiful drive down a twisty, narrow country road really felt secluded.

I stayed here just as a base camp to visit KCNP, but I wish I had given more time to relax and enjoy the property itself. The guest suite is in the same building as the office and right across the way from where the RVs park. I loved the grounds, and the suite itself was perfectly fine. The interior was similar to a Super 8 with a small kitchenette. The king sized bed was a bit soft for me (some people like soft mattresses but I prefer firmer ones), I wished for more windows (the suite felt really dark even with the skylights), and acorns kept falling on the roof all night. I couldn't figure out what the "tings" were until I saw the acorns the next day. Charming, but a bit strange in the middle of the night. There was internet (a bonus in that part of the state) but it was fairly slow.

It's a tough choice regarding whether to stay in the park (much more expensive but saves the drive each day) or stay outside the park (cheaper, ability to cook meals, but requires the drive into and out of the park). If I were to stay again I would plan on a day to enjoy the grounds themselves.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing