Review Highlights
Well you simply have to do this...

It was a great day. Cold but we were inside for the most part. Allen's home is beautiful and he was... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
lesleyc64
Little Rock, Arkansas
Lunch with P. Allen Smith

Our group of around 30 went on the Fall day tour and ate lunch and Allen was there!!! We almost... read more

Reviewed 12 December 2018
Amanda7879
Salem, Arkansas

All reviews pecan pie poultry garden tour answering questions art studio bucket list arkansas river vegetable garden moss mountain gift shop gardening daffodils heritage plants pbs decorator workshop
Reviewed 1 June 2016

I've been to Moss Mountain twice now and each time was a great visit. Allen Smith and all his employees are probably the nicest people I've ever met. On my last visit, I met the lovely Aunt Jamie and ate her delicious cookies. Besides the house and grounds being beautiful, the lunch served on both visits was wonderful. The cook even comes out and makes sure you liked the food - and who wouldn't?? I want to go back one more time in the fall. Money WELL spent.

Date of experience: April 2016
3  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 25 May 2016

I attended with a girlfriend, who is a huge fan. It is a really nice place, and really neat that it is built to look historical, but is actually new. The house was FULL of stuff, furniture, books, paintings.....he's going to need a new house, just for his stuff. The gardens are pretty, but standard flowers for the most part and nothing is marked. The docents weren't able to identify the plants either. It is a great tour if you are a fan of P. Allen Smith, but for those of us that don't know him, it was just okay. The food at lunch was excellent, but for the cost, it should be.

1  Thank devest61
Joyce S, Manager at P. Allen Smith's Garden Home, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Thank you for your input! I will get the plant lists to the docents for our 2018 season (great idea).

Joyce

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Visiting Moss Mountain to see P. Allen Smith's Garden Home is a great experience if you are in the Little Rock area. The tours are great and everyone is very friendly. The tour starts with visiting the home which was built in an 1840's style and it is exquisitely furnished.Then you tour the vegetable, rose, and terrace gardens that surround the home. Once you have worked up a good appetite viewing the grounds, they serve you a wonderful meal prepared by their chef using farm fresh produce and other ingredients from local vendors. If you are as lucky as we were, Mr. Smith eats lunch with everyone and spends some time doing a bit of Q&A along with signing books and taking pictures. The tour concludes with some free time to re-visit gardens or check out the variety of chickens, geese, and swans being raised on the farm. That gates closed at 2 PM the day we visited, but was a wonderful four hour experience.

1  Thank 900samj
Reviewed 18 May 2016

yes it's beautiful, yes the docents are well-informed, yes the luncheon (though expensive) was delicious and they send you the recipes, and yes, the gift shop is really nice! But the garden is repetitive and the only signage in the garden is for which company provided the seeds or plantings. The flowers aren't labeled and our guide did not happen to know the names. In the house, which is beautifully staged, even the paint is a product placement. Yes, I'm sure people ask "oooh, what color is this? Where can I get it?" but really ... even the paint?! All the appliances are Viking (another product placement). It was an expensive day - and fun, but not as breathtaking as I hoped it would be.

1  Thank SMFSanFran
Reviewed 15 May 2016

Visited Arkansas in May with a few things we wanted to see...one was P. Allen Smith's Garden Home...We had a great day...the home is nice and the gardens lovely...it had
rained the previous night and had beat down the roses...This is for garden lovers...it was a bit pricy and my husband thought the chicken salad was a salad and sat waiting for more food...the pecan pie was very good...
Since there is a lot of walking it is not handicapped friendly...however, my husband enjoyed sitting on porch...