“VERY over-rated”
Review of Al-Wadi Restaurant

Al-Wadi Restaurant
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We were brought here on recommendations from guide books. So disappointing. The place is large, and full of tourists, which is great if you hate the idea of speaking to anyone local. We had pretty bad service from an impatient and rather rude waiter, who is clearly sick of the 'tourists' that patronise the place. PLEASE take a look at the many other restaurants nearby for a more pleasant and authentic experience.
Personal note: I love the 'lemon & mint' drink that you get all over Jordan, but this was the worst I have had in the country.

3  Thank pipcanti
Write a ReviewReviews (1,939)

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Best food I had in Jordan we took malbrouk rice with Chiken
Awesome hospitality
They offered us tea and cakes.

2  Thank Jude A
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Easily the best restaurant in old Petra, offering superb tradition dishes, deserts and (non alcoholic) beverages (try lemon mind), but really pleasantly surprised by great chicha service by Baha, best chicha expert in Jordan, we are told ... extremely pleasant and helpful in choosing his own wonderfully fresh (lemon mint) flavour combination as a perfect close to a great, relaxed, delicious dinner.

1  Thank streetMartin
Reviewed 1 May 2018

My father and I had high hopes of a delicious dish of Mansaf because every Jordanian has said that this dish is a must. My goodness, Al Wadi did not disappoint (our hotel owner pointed us to this place). The service was fun and engaging (my father and I are quite social). We would offer passerbyers tastes of our Motabbal so they knew how good the food was and the couple and group that sampled our dishes both ate at Al Wadi and thanked us afterwards... DELICIOUS. Very well priced, especially compared to eating out in the USA.

1  Thank Tristana L
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The food is very good. The price is perfect. Local food is perfect. The staff very Nice and helpfull. They like that you eat with your hands like bedoeïenen do.

1  Thank hester64