All reviews steam bath lobby gondola receptionist apartment skiing
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I am an airbnb superhost from Athens Greece, stayed at the “Sunrise” hotel in Bansko for 4 nights. DONT make this mistake to choose this hotel. broken matress and small pillows (you cannot sleep), small curtain in the shower (water goes off everywhere in the bathroom when its open also) , very bad wifi reception (i called the resception and they told me they have problem with the modem,have to restart it again and again) . the lightning was so bad that you can hardly see and after a few minutes feeling dizzy.Also, i wanted to cook for my friends something simple, spaghetti, and i was amazed when i opened the cupboards in the kitchen area, there is nothing to use at all. no pot, forks, anything. so frustrated. we also found rotten bread in the cupboard.
please check in the pictures attached.
the only positive is that its spacious rooms and hot. thats all.
of course for all that we informed the reception desk.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2017

First time at this hotel, and I must say I am very pleased with the whole experience. The room is spacious with great views of the mountains. The breakfast had lots to choose from and was different every day and I was more than happy with it. The only downside of breakfast is they need to consider opening half an hour earlier through the ski season as it is almost impossible to get to the gondola by 8 when breakfast starts at 7.30.

There is a regular FREE shuttle to and from the gondola throughout the day. Which was a great welcome at the end of a hard skiing day.

It is very hot in the hotel but I think it may have been because the week we went the weather was unusually warm. In the room it wasn't an issue as we just opened the doors to the 2 balconies.

Another thing I found was when I came to make a cuppa, there were no spoons! But I'm sure, had I asked at reception, they would have given me a spoon!

All in all, for the money I paid, I would have no problem in returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 26 February 2017

We were super worried about breakfast at this hotel due to many of the reviewers saying its rubbish. Not so. We found breakfast to be steaming hot, freshly cooked and plenty of variety. The choice of hot food was different every day. We were often there first thing and watched the pancake chef set up and start cooking so not from previous day as one other reviewer says. We also got there nearly at the end of the service on the last day and still the food was hot.

The apartment room was large and spacious. Clean and comfy. The only thing we did find was that the light in the bedroom is very dull and so its difficult to do your makeup in the mirror but I just opened the curtain and had plenty of light!

The kitchenette was fully working and would be good enough to cook a meal but do be aware there are no plates or cutlery. Not even a spoon to stir your tea. On that note I would take tea with you as there are only 2 tea bags available for you and they are 2 levs each tea bag. A bit expensive if you ask me.

We did have a light bulb blow in our entrance hall of the room but I spoke to the receptionist as we went out for the day and the light bulb was replaced by the time we came back. No issue at all.

We ended up eating in the bar most evenings as we were too exhausted from skiing all day and our 2 young boys just wanted to sleep. Each night it came to roughly 30-40 levs (about £15-20). Very tasty and freshly cooked to order. We had all sorts: pizza, risotto, greek salad, cheesy chips...... yummy ;-)

The location is actually very good because it is a short walk (maybe 10 mins ish) to the gondola which is perfectly manageable even in ski boots. But it is also far enough away from the hustle and bustle and noise of the centre, which while we were there had a very noisy fun fair going on till late, we were glad to be far enough away to not hear that blasting.

All in all we were really happy with our stay and are currently organising to go back.

My advice: manage your expectations and be happy your on holiday!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank youme-and-theboys
Reviewed 25 February 2017

I stayed at the hotel for a week for the purpose of ski vacation.
The staff was very nice.
The hotel has an excellent spa.
Great location (10 minutes walk to the gondola and they have shuttles)
Breakfasts was good
Free wifi with good speed (a little bit less in evening times).
We checkout at evening time (we paid extra) that we can took the advantage of our last day for the surfing because our flight was at the night time.
The hotel took care of us for a ride back to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2017

We booked a 2 bedroom apartment (we were 4 adults) and it was better than we expected: there was a spacious living room with a kitchenette, a bathroom, one medium sized bedroom and one large bedroom with its own bathroom. Every room had its own balcony and we had a nice mountain view.
It is located at about 500m from the gondola, but we got there every day with a free shuttle from the hotel (its schedule started from 8am until 5pm).
The breakfast was basic but pretty good (we stayed 5 nights so we haven't got too tired of it), the swimming pool was quite small but not crowded so that was an advantage, and the spa area was fine for relaxing after skying.
They cleaned our room every day, the staff was nice and spoke english very well and the hotel had a lot of facilities (sky deposit, underground parking, kids area, etc)
The downside of our stay was that the bedrooms were a bit cold, but we haven't bothered claiming it to the reception because we read it before in others reviews and we came prepared.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends