“STAYING AT SILVER STREAM LODGE”
Review of Silverstream Lodge

Silverstream Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2015

My last stay, 29 July 2015, with Kathy & Grant at Silver Stream Lodge was my sixth. I cannot fault the warmth and comfort extended to me on all the stays I have had. The catering is first class, the location is beautiful and peaceful and I have always been made to feel welcome. After 54 years of travelling, I have yet to find a home stay to equal Silver Stream Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank 771catherine
LincolnKatie, Owner at Silverstream Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very kind review - it is always a treat for Grant and myself to welcome you back to our "little place in the country". So nice when we have regulars - especially those with good appetites - always a pleasure to share our good food with such lovely company - as always we are looking forward to your next stay. Kindest regards Kathy & Grant

There are newer reviews for Silverstream Lodge

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Arriving at Silverstream Lodge on a hideous wintry night, I was blown away by Kathy's and Grant's hospitality. I quickly settled in at the cosy lodge and shared a delicious meal with the hosts and another guest. Little wonder that some guests have made the place their 'home away from home' whenever they're visiting Christchurch.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank 2015Rost

Thank you for your lovely review, we really appreciate you taking the time to write and post your thoughts. There will always be a roaring fire and a warm welcome to all ...... All the best Kathy and Grant

Reviewed 20 April 2015

We were looking for somewhere convenient to the airport to 'bookend' our trip to NZ South Island, and chose Silverstream Lodge for one night on arrival, and two nights before flying out so we had a base to make a day trip to the Banks Peninsula. What a stroke of luck that we found such a wonderful place to stay. Grant and Kathy were so welcoming, the house is beautiful, the breakfasts super and the evening meals we enjoyed were delicious and great value for money. We had good accommodation everywhere we stayed in South Island but this was the best.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David P
LincolnKatie, Owner at Silverstream Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2015

thank you very much for your lovely review. We really appreciate the time it takes, especially in this busy world we find ourselves in. Always a pleasure to feed such enthusiastic eaters. Glad Silverstream provided such pleasure and comfort. All the best with our future travel plans. Kindest regards Kathy and Grant

Reviewed 31 March 2015

I admit that I only read reviews on Trip advisor. But this place was so over the top that I felt I needed to share how wonderful it was.
Kath and Grant are the best host I have ever seen. Spotless room! Fantastic Food! When traveling for work it is really a Home away from Home. It lived up to every expectation I had!
K & G see you next trip to Christchurch!

Room Tip: Had the Peacock Room which was fantastic!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
LincolnKatie, Owner at Silverstream Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2015

Dear Anghel. Firstly both Grant and I would like to thank you very much for posting such a lovely review. We always appreciate the time taken to do this. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Silverstream on your next business trip to Christchurch. Kind regards Kathy & Grant, owners.

Reviewed 30 March 2015

Excellent bed and breakfast accommodation in a beautiful garden setting complete with duck pond, swans and peacocks. The hosts (Kathy and Grant) are soooo friendly and lovely to deal with plus provide a great breakfast.The bedroom had a large comfy bed with enormous en-suite bathroom, cant get much better than that.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Hello Restoreman. Lovely to read that you enjoyed your visit to Silverstream during your recent visit to Christchurch on business. The swans will be getting an extra slice of bread as a treat for being an important part of making guests feel so welcome as they arrive at Silvestream. An easy drive from the CBD and it really does feel like living in your own private English park. We hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards Kathy & Grant, owners

Been to Silverstream Lodge? Share your experiences!