All reviews railway station sky channels lower hutt stayed here great coffee min walk great hosts cafe lyn shops motel nz
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for one night. The staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. The room was a little dated but comfortable and the bed was very comfortable which is a priority for us! There’s a fabulous cafe on site with great coffee, good food & great gluten free options. Walking distance to supermarkets & a Kmart. We would happily stay here again :)

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Booked two rooms for myself and a work mate.
The day we arrived was very hot so asked if the room had air conditioning. Was informed that they did not but Lady at the desk was helpful in offering an oscillating fan to use for the time of our stay.
The room was basic and reasonably clean.
The free WIFI was very slow and this was an issue for me as I had a lot of work to conduct via the internet. Even basic apps on mobile phone would battle to load. Free WIFI must be about dial up speed. The shower had great water pressure and bath room was clean.
If you alight sleeper you may want to bring ear plugs as you could hear trains and the highway which was reasonably close.
Over all I would say that it was an average experience with no wow factor. I will be trying another place when next down for business in Petone/lower hutt.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is a very comfortable, roomy and clean motel that is only 10 minutes walk from the Petone Railway station--there are only 2 stops to the centre of Wellington--certainly easier then battling the traffic. Lower Hutt is also a place full of restaurants so this motel is well worth utilising. The cafe which is located with this motel has excellent breakfasts and great coffee.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Settlersmotel, Manager at Settlers Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you for your very positive feedback which is greatly appreciated. We are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Lyn

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Originally decided to book via a popular Internet site but decided as we were in town already to go straight to the motel and give the owners the extra 15%. The lady at reception was quite cool upon arrival. When I asked for a room for us she quoted a figure $15 higher! I told her we had seen the tariff at the lower rate. She made me use my tablet to prove it was true, which I thought was fair enough. However, she begrudgingly agreed to charge the lower rate, bemoaning the fact that there was no money in it for her! I thought this a bit strange...not my problem...why use the Internet site then? The room was clean and comfortable if a little dated, and at the price paid, about right. Even the next day as I handed the key back I received a very off hand farewell. Sorry, maybe the host had a bad day. Hope that was it, but we'll stay elsewhere next time.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Great location and very tidy and clean unit. One of the first places I've stayed at that had pretty much all of the Sky channels:) The hosts were amazing, very helpful and even have a courtesy shuttle. The on-site Café was a plus as well, really nice breakfast and morning teas. Also free fast wifi was a bonus. Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Settlersmotel, Manager at Settlers Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thank you for such positive feedback which is greatly appreciated. We work hard to ensure our customers enjoy their stay.