Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
greg

sleep in your car

Review of Dupont Motels
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Mar 2021
we arrived at the motel on the 13/2/21 to be greeted by a domestic fight in the office by drunken guests, after waiting for some time while the receptionist was phoning
the police we were shown our room and paid $300 for a room that was advertised for $150. went down town for some dinner and returned to find a car in our limited car space. they were from the unit next door and when i asked how long they would be i was abused and told to park elsewhere. informed reception and asked for a refund as we did not want any more abuse. after 2 weeks of emails and ph calls my request was declined. the room was filthy and small and parking room very limited
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • Tripadvisor
  • eDreams
1.8 km from Dupont Motels
View more hotels in Petone
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

I have stayed for 3 nights very over priced it is filthy the bed is on the floor there was no mirror anywhere no hangers in wardrobe no hair dryer fridge filthy plug in bathroom not working and it smells like someone has been smoking

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

Very limited facilities in cabin type rooms. Website details don't match what you get. Advised to update or face notification to authorities as our room was unsuitable. On advising we wanted money back and would be leaving, there were no other rooms. Miraculously one became available with a better room configuration. Was very large but had very limited facilities. Not sure if had wifi as not given any passwords. No rubbish bins. Limited supply of kitchen utensils etc. Floor in kitchen area hadn't been mopped for ages. Clean sheets, limited pillows and no spares in cupboards. No hair dryer. Single beds had no under blankets. Curtains didn't cover full window. Dining chairs not suitable to sit in. The parking in main was tight and confusing. Looked more suitable as a workers lodging than for family holiday.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2020

I stayed @ The Dupont Motel - Tuesday 8th - Saturday 12th December.

Upon attempting to check in at 7.45pm, the reception desk was unlocked but unattended. I pressed the bell several times to contact someone, no-one arrived. I then called the 04 45693799 number 5 times to get a message saying no one available.

I then got an email advising the key code for the box outside of reception, in which was my key to room 37.

I opened the key box, no key was inside.

I then called the office number again, no one answered.

I decided to walk the grounds of the motel to see if I could find anyone to check me in. At this time another group arrived to check in @ 8.10pm. I advised that no one was around and had been trying to check in for 25 minutes.

Then a person came out of one of the rooms and advised he got caught up with a guest. I questioned why the reception was un-manned for 25 minutes & no-one was answering the phone, he just said he was on his own & could do 2 things.

I not be able to check in for 25 minutes is not acceptable.

Once inside my room, I noticed 2 lights not working, a very mouldy & dirty shower curtain, a broken toilet seat & a shower which was hanging off the wall, tied back with a bit of string, plus a desk chair which was falling apart.
I went to reception to advise of these issue, reception was lock up.

I then called on the Wednesday morning to discuss all of the issues. I was assured all would be fixed during the day on Wednesday. Upon returning to the unit @ 8.30pm on the Wednesday night.The only item fixed was the 2 light bulbs. The shower curtain had been taken down & not replaced. The Toilet seat was hanging off the toilet & the shower still connected with string. Also the room had not been fully serviced as the tea bags, dish wash liquid & tea towel had not been refilled or replaced.

I went to reception to be told the shower curtain was in the wash & it had taken all day to clean it? The other items could not be fixed.

This is a room you advertise as an Executive Studio with a rate of $169.00 per night. This is totally overpriced for a room with so much damage & no-working facilities. The room should not be sold if its not of a clean & working standard.

I have been charged - $688.84 for the 4 night stay - with only 1 night in the room where I had a functional & working shower & toilet. I require a signifiant discount for the 3 nights when the room was not to advertised standards.

Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2020 via mobile

Stayed because it was close to an event we attended b9ut it is pretty average. We got in late and there was a really uncomfortable sofa bed for me, but there wasnt any linen! I had to use the old duvet to sleep in. Yuck. Stay in town and grab an uber to your event unstead...

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2020

Room was very Dirty and the smell of the room was awful. Pictures online did not show the severity of the Room.
Rusty oven with no cooking trays, ants on bench, cobwebs on roof above beds, dirty kitchen cupboards, carpet stained and disgusting. We went and purchased cleaning products to clean it as we had to stay.
While we were out someone had come into the room to clean but didn’t actually clean, they literally pulled the bed covers up, did not make them they literally pulled them up and left some clean towels, rubbish not emptied or clean dishes not put away and absolutely no cleaning done.
Play area is atrocious,rubbish everywhere, beer cans and cigarettes all over the place. a child is going to get very hurt on here once it collapses. Take some pride and remove it before this happens!!
For the price we paid we were ripped off but unfortunately for us it was non refundable. If you stay here DO NOT pay until you’ve seen your room first. There are some nice rooms there as We seen them while we were leaving unfortunately for us we just got put in what seems like the worst room ever!

Date of stay: October 2020