US$311
US$355
US$266
US$156
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

US$185
Karibo Punta Cana(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$132
US$87
US$65
Art Villa Dominicana(Bavaro)(Great Value!)
US$45
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmini poolforget anythinglaser tagbarcy clubspecialty restaurantsdinner reservationsdance classesfabulous resortpremium levellong pantsan amazing vacationsports barseafoodper daybavaro beachsteakmake reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

In the future i will go again to this hotel i loved it, all you need is there, including stores this ones with luxury brands for women, men and children. The food is delicious, the kids club is amazing, childrens have a lot of fun there, they always do different activities thatas why they never get bored.The rooms are very spacious and very confortable.

Room Tip: Honestly all rooms are very nice, quite, etc,but if youre traveling with childrens is better the family space
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Alitzel O
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Our family decided on Barcelo in Punta Cana to meet for our Spring Break trip. We have stayed with Barcelo before and we were not disappointed again. The staff really make this all inclusive property feel like a home away from home. Felix with guest services started us off on the right foot and helped us feel comfortable, registered our dinners and gave us all around great advise. Julia ensured we stayed hydrated poolside and our 7 day stay ended with Yadira Santos ensuring our stay was all that it could be and gave us a warm send off back home.

The resort is all inclusive. There are ample buffet services with just about anything you could want from fresh fruit, pre-prepared food and fresh to order. Lots of local foods and comfort foods from home. Much nicer than a lot of the buffet's here in the states. Some people are critical about the buffet; however, I also think that some people need to manage their expectations. I strongly suggest making reservations for the many restaurants on the property for evening dinners, and make them early in your stay. Please keep in mind that these restarants are not buffet and do have dress codes of pants, closed shoes and nice shirts. Sorry, no flip flops and shorts for the nicer dinners.

The main buildings were a hub of activity all day but especially so in the evening. Shops, bars, casino, disco and restaurants were bustling. Each night the staff do an after dinner show in the auditorium that easily seats 1000 to 1500. It is open air, and surprisingly there were no bugs to be found.

On that note the resort property is very clean. We did not do the premium level services, as we really focused on disconnecting and enjoying the distance and disconnect. If you are connected or need to be, it might be worthwhile to consider the premium upgrade for internet services alone. Without it, wifi is $10 a day. Free wifi is available for defined hours in the spa and casino bar. Did we mention the staff was phenomenal!?

Our only real disappointment with the whole experience was with a very disruptive group/party. Security did intervene and require night managements attention. They did the best they could with the situation at the time, and we were contacted promptly by the property managers early the next morning. I should also note that the legal drinking age is 18 as is the age for gambling in the casino and certainly contributed.

With that said we still enjoyed the property, the amenities and the rooms. There are three distinct kids swimming areas, which are generally separated by age group with age appropriate activities. There is mini-golf, laser tag, an escape room and tons of water activities. A "train" tram circles the property regularly and is reliable enough to utilize it for getting across property for dinner reservations. Even the family side has an adults only pool, with cabana's and it's own bar.

There is so much on this property that there is really no reason to leave... as is the point. We left once, to go offshore fishing. Although not required, cash tips go a long way in thanking your servers, cleaners and staff for their hard work and attention to detail. I highly recommend keeping some $1 bills on you at all times to show your appreciation when it is warranted.

Our room was two bedroom, with a king bed with outside Jacuzzi tub on the private balcony and a double queen bed room with another balcony separated by a shared bathroom. They bathroom was recently renovated and was cleaned properly every day. The mini-bar was stocked with family friendly and adult items. The safe was easy to use and program for storing valuables while out of the room.

Should we decide to return to Dominica, for personal leisure or for business getaways, we will certainly give this specific property a solid consideration. Again, I cannot emphasize how friendly the staff were during our stay. Good job.

Room Tip: Family deluxe rooms are near the kid pools... good if you have younger kids... maybe not so much if you don't.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Donovan M
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Had the opportunity to stay here in early March 2018. The beach is amazing with hundreds of Palm Tress along the beat. Hundreds of beach lounge chairs and miles and miles of fine white sand. The resort has over 2,000 rooms. They have an adult only area along with adult only restaurants and of course then some family friendly pools and restaurants. Our room was ok. Food was just ok. Service at the adult pool area was great...everywhere else on the resort was just ok. They have plenty of shopping in case you forget anything. From clothes to bathroom items they do have it all. They have some nicer places to buy clothes, GoPro's, swimming suites and again you could just bring yourself and purchase everything you need clothing wise. Lots of gift shops with reasonable prices. Lots of pool and activities. You can swim and or snorkel right off the beach. We normally stay at Sandal Resorts so we are comparing the food from Sandals to here at Barcelo and hands down Sandals has everyone beat. But they do have more great Free entertainment. Full Spa with a Fitness area with Yoga classes and Spinning(RPM) classes as well. Very nice modern Spa. Top notch on the Spa Barcelo. I could possibly see me visiting the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort but not again during spring break because we just had too many young adults not behaving.You may want to learn some Spanish prior to coming because not everyone speaks English at the resort or at least not very good. But you will always find someone at the resort that speaks English. No tipping but at this all inclusive but you can tip and get even better service.

Room Tip: don't stay during Spring Break
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I am currently on holiday at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace and the resort is one of the best I have been to do a family holiday.

Rooms are very good and the food and service is outstanding

This is however being spoiled by the amount of people who think it is acceptable to just smoke wherever they want.

The last thing I want is to be subjected to second hand smoke and to smoke whilst wasting and sat around a kids pool is disgusting and degrading.

The resort really needs to sort this out as I would think twice about coming back for that reason alone.

Unless you are a smoker this will annoy you trust me. Such a shame for a great resort

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Lee R
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

First of all I want to say that the property was beautiful, weather, pool and beach exquisite but as far as anything else goes worst experience in my whole traveling life and I travel a lot! I recently traveled to Punta Cana for the first time for a friends wedding. We stayed at the family Bavaro Palace Resort, not only was I charged for a 2 year old which I couldn’t understand but Ok I paid it, as I felt she would be using the services. However, every time we went to a restaurant in the evening and my 2 year old was asleep I would ask for a container to take some food back to the room to feed her for when she woke up but we were either refused to take food out of the restaurant or they didn’t have containers which first of all 1. You’re a family resort 2. I’m paying for a small child and I can’t even take food out to feed her?! I have never experienced this before. They stated that it’s due to food bacteria one may get on the way out BUT how come they’re not worried about food bacteria in the restaurant where the Buffet is placed? There’s flies everywhere, most of the food is uncovered, and the food stays out that way for several hours. A majority of the staff are racist and lack basic customer service. Even though I am Latina myself I felt that If you are not European they would treat you like second class citizen. I couldn’t understand that concept because being Hispanic themselves why would you act that way. If those folks only understood how ridiculous they look they wouldn’t really play themselves in that manner. In any case moving on, then let’s say you’re at the pool and you forget to bring your towel from the room don’t even think of asking for a towel in the towel section because you will literally have to walk back to your room, it be10 or 15 minutes away. You’re on vacation for crying out loud, do these folks really think you’re going run away with those hotel towels?! The hotel goal is to welcome their guests and make them feel as relaxed and comfortable as possible so they return and tell their friends. How RIDICULOUS!!!! Why would you ruin people’s vacation like that?! Moving on, drinks are watered down. The Food tastes bland and again being a Hispanic country I can’t understand it. WIFI was spotty and at times did not work. I paid $4K for a family of 4 for 4 nights and 5 days and you’re telling me, I couldn’t be accommodated for basic requests and for things that should have been included. I usually dread going back home and on this trip I was counting down until I returned back to NY! Worst experience ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family