14,259 results
All reviews mike's coffee super juan juan ramon bowling alley privilege section lobby bar punta cana entertainment staff time share main buffet honeymoon suite other resorts dominican republic buffet restaurant pool view steak guest services
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Positive
The food is the best of any all inclusive we have been to! The food and beverage staff are top notch!
The grounds are beautiful and well kept.

Negative
IMPORTANT- if you don’t book directly with the resort THEY WILL NOT/CAN NOT “SEE” Your reservation to make any kind of adjustment. We arrived a day late due to airline overbooking. I called the resort directly and informed them of the delay. Check in is at 3:00pm, unless you are a H10 member. So we waited, no information or offers of refreshments. When we got to the room it was obvious we were not in Privilege Club, which our travel agency assured us we had. Reception agents said they “couldn’t see our reservation because we didn’t book directly” So we have a room with all inclusive, but not the JR Suite with upgrades we should have.

We called maintenance 2.5 hours ago because water was leaking from the ceiling in our bathroom,
Enough that I wouldn’t use the hair dryer for fear of electrocuting myself. Maintenance still a no show.

I understand this resort will undergo a total renovation early next year.

Maybe wait until then.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
OceanBlueSand, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest!

From the Ocean Blue & Sand, we reiterate sincerely and while we welcome your feedback on your stay.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests as they help us to continue our philosophy of service and continuous improvement. Your feedback helps us improve our level of service with particular emphasis on these areas of opportunity you mentioned in your valuable comments.

Gladly I will share your comments with the rest of our partners.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I loved it, the perfect vacation!
I loved the beach :) the food was incredible, the service, specially the bartenders.
The room was very comfortable with a great view.
But the best part of our vacation was the entertainment team, and the piano player was beyond awsome!
I'm definetly coming back!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest!

We couldn’t be more excited to learn that you and your family had amazing stay among us, and that we were able to make your experience an unforgettable one.

Thank you for choosing Ocean Blue and Sand by H10 , it will be our pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and visited the resort Ocean Blue and sand , food and workers were awesome, didn’t like that we had to be always asking for water, we had no facecloths, it’s is probably our last visit to that resort.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest!

Gladly I will share your comments with the rest of our partners.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check-in was a breeze, we arrived early so we had to wait a few hours which was fine, we just enjoyed cocktails and comedy courtesy of the lobby bars bartender "Sexy Black"! The room was fine, it was dirty but we aren't the needy, entitled type so we were ok with the room. Nice balcony. Food was very good, lots of options, several restaurants. The Japanese steakhouse I think is overrated and not worth the hassle of getting up and making a reservation, its Dominicans not Japanese chefs so it isn't authentic and the food wasn't anything great. The service was hit or miss, they seem to operate on a "tip me first" service module which isn't how I roll. There was 1 waiter and for the life of me I cannot remember his name but he was AWESOME and took great care of us everytime he saw us eating, I slipped him a $20 for his efforts because he far exceeded the service we were getting from others. Too many men work here, Dominican women have much better work ethics and aren't lazy, lots of laziness. They allow vendors onto the property to sell things at night a few nights of the week. It is very annoying because they set up the tables on the pathways to the restaurants so you literally cannot avoid them, the best advice I'll give you is eyes forward and keep walking. The only thing I will really complain about was the overly aggressive timeshare pitches. Holy Crap!!!!!!! They say they want to give you a "Welcome Gift" and this wasn't my first rodeo but my wife was a rookie at the Caribbean timeshare game so I decided to show her there was no gift. They AMBUSH you in the morning, they set up at the entrance of every building and try to pitch the "free gift" they then offer to drive you to breakfast and have you watch a presentation while you eat......I said "Ok but I want to eat, I'm hungry" after 7 minutes and no food I grabbed my wife and said let's go, they tried to stop us but I just pushed right through. DO NOT GET BETWEEN A MAN AND HIS BREAKFAST! Later the presenter approached me and explained we don't have to buy a timeshare just need to watch the presentation so they get a commission, my reply was something like "Find a better approach that doesn't involve stopping me from eating" Your best play here is when they approach they will ask when you checked in, just say 2 weeks ago and they will leave you alone because they will assume you've been pitched and aren't worth their energy. The beach is small but nice, seaweed is bad right now but that's not the resorts fault, all resorts are dealing with it. Because it is a small beach they are able to do a pretty good job cleaning it up. Get up by 8am and leave your towel on a chair by the pool, they play the towel game here which is fine with me. Overall, I wouldn't stay here again but I never stay at the same resort twice anyway. I'd give this place a 3.5. Punta Cana is probably my least favorite place I've been in the tropics, the culture is not desirable and the landscape (besides the ocean) is pretty lame and flat. If you have entitlement issues and are needy DO NOT go to this resort because you will be miserable as you should be anyway for being an awful creation of the human race, but if you're cool and casual you'll be fine. Great place for spring breakers I'd imagine.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ryanlesko85

Dear Guest!

On behalf of Ocean Blue and Sand by H10, we would like to thank you for the time you have taken on sharing these comments with us, about on your past experiences here, and at the same time it will help us to improve our level of service having special emphasis on these areas of opportunity you mentioned in your valuable comments.

We will be happy if you give us the opportunity to once again offer our services and to show them an unforgettable holiday.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

7 Days of fun. They have a number of options for meals, and all are excellent. Buffet delivers as it should. Steak house was good. Japanese was pretty good. Mexican was also pretty good. Service is right on the money. Rooms are 8 out 10. Clean with good linen and decent options. 2 swim up bars - both are great. Plenty of decent drinks to pick from. Overall you wont be disappointed

Room Tip: ROOMS IN SECTION 6-5 close to the pools
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple