All reviews hotel restaurant living room muy fausto bartender beach towels
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Hi all . I will write really honest review because all of my life i work in hotels and restaurants and the best one here is the beach - the hotel is with fantastic location and that’s the only one excellent point .
- Reception , Restaurant and Kitchen : it’s located in one place and it’s really strange . Very slow service , veeeery slow ! Food is good by the way but always looks different ! Always there is something missing from the menu ( small menu 2-3 pages ) but when we asked for something they said “we don’t have it” and in 10 mins Managers had the same ... so they had it but God knows why i can’t have it
- Rooms are very strange ( not 4 stars at all guys , maybe that’s 4 stars here but it’s like 2-3 stars in Europe ) . Dark , 1 window ... looks like jail ‍♂️ but after couple if days it’s ok .
- Staff : only couple of them speak English but let’s say it’s ok you always can deal with hands
- Management : there is 7-8 people staff and 5-6 Managers always around the “reception” with computers . Very strange politic here !
- Area : very dodgy so buy all inclusive if you want some good holiday because it’s quite dangerous to walk even day time around the hotel ! Every minute you’ll be asked for “massage” , “marijuana” or even “cocaine” !
- Beach is the best part of my experience ! Exactly on the beach , that’s the best point about the hotel !

Finally please , managers I know you’ll try to explain me and answer me all the points , because i saw the previous answers ... guys be honest - you really don’t have idea how to grow up this hotel . Even i am manager like you and i have to do the same , but let’s be honest really ... if this hotel is not on the beach will be proper ZERO ! Lourdes ( manager ) and Willian ( bartender on the beach bar ) are fantastic - they helps me with all they can .

I am lucky that there is big resort next to Eleven Palms with animation and i spent all day there .

At the end , if you want to buy something in this country ALWAYS negotiate the price , b cause they look at you like ATM machine .

Guys go to Saona island and Manati park - Saina is 60USD per person all day fantastic one , Manati park is 35USD per person and is fantastic too .

I can recommend the hotel only because of the beach , but not in general ! Go to some big resort , because in Dominican rep is not safe to go night and day time around !

Have fun everyone ! That’s my REALLY HONEST REVIEW!

Lourdes , Willian - you are THE BEST HERE !!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pav K
Inmense, Director Comercial at Eleven Palms by Inmense, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Pav K,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth review of your stay. your comments will help us to still improve our service, thank you for your preference and your kind comments.

In your comment, there is something that really calls my attention and it was something about the area and the inconvenience that you get, when yourself was walking out of the property, honestly, this is something out of our hands.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Hi!

Me and my fiance stayed here for two weeks on april 2018. First impressions of the hotel and the area around were disapointting. They did have alot better photos than what the reality looks like.

AREA: Its located between 2 huge resorts. So you have like 500meters of local giftshops minimarkets and couple average restaurants. At night time the area is pretty shady. I couldnt walk 5minutes without being offered "massage" (sex), weed or even cocain. Definetly not family friendly area.

ROOM: Back to the hotel. It is actually 2 separated buildings. We got room further away from the beach. Room 24. Pictures we saw pre-trip looked fresh. Well this room had bubbly paint on ceilings (moisture issues), NO DAYLIGHT through the windows. The view was something like from horror movies, ugly wall 1meter away) filled with rusty and noisy A/C equipment.

Housekeeping: We told reception couple of times to clean our room. After 4days without visit by housemaid they said they dont have spear key to clean our room. Took 4 days!!! At the end of our vacation they found or made spare key.

BREAKFAST: included. Quality average or below. Mostly omelettes or toast. Its decent but there isnt alot to choose from especially if you have limitations in your diet.

STAFF: Mostly positive. workers are smily. Talk a littlebit bad english but it wasnt problem for us. But one thing was super awkward. The management. Sometimes there is 3-5 (higher rank staff) with their laptops in the breakfast/lobby doing work. What the hell? Get an office.

BEACH: Awsome. 5/5. Very nice. Small cute beach bar. Couple palms. Smooth sand. Yeah. This is the only thing why you would choose this hotel.

sum it up;

Room 1,5/5
Housekeeping: 1/5
Area 1,5/5
Breakfast 2/5
Staff 3/5
Beach 5/5

Despite friendly staff and awsome beach. I wouldn't go there again. This hotel has 4/5 average rating? DONT BELIVE IT.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jake M
Inmense, Director Comercial at Eleven Palms by Inmense, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Jake M
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to improve our service. However, I would like to point some aspects: As many of our guest have said, the area of ​​cortecito has a unique charm, it all depends on what o which thing are you looking for, also according to my registers, the room which was assigned, s facing the street on the 3rd floor, with 5 windows and a balcony door, and even that windows of the living room face towards a wall, inside his bedroom It has 4 windows an on 3 of them if you open the curtains you can see the sea. Regarding the breakfast service our menus can accommodate any dietary limitation, traditional and dietetic omelets, fruits, yogurts, cereals, among other, you only have to request for them. And well as Dominican Republic native lenguage is not the English, maybe some part of the operative staff can have a lower level, however they are full trained and can serve you, also we do have 24 hours full english speaker who will help you right away for more complicated cases, you might have seen them at some areas who close at determined hours in order to work at those places. I do really hope to see you on another visit and please don´t hesitate to contact me if you want to deal with the issue personally.
Regards

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Great location only 2 min far from the hotel beach (chairs and towels available for free); GREAT WIFI available in the room, the whole hotel and even on the beach for the whole day! What we appreciated the most were great beds and mattresses, thanks a lot! Friendly and helpful staff. Although not all of them can speak English we always understand each other.
Quite a lot of shops, bars and restaurants in walking distance.
What we consider as a minus is breakfast menu containing only a few types of eggs omelets which is fine for 1-2 days but you cannot eat it for 2 weeks (meaning breakfast incl. in room price). But when asked they replaced the egg omelet with fruit plate.
Nice, clean and well kept hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jana M
Inmense, Director Comercial at Eleven Palms by Inmense, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Jana M Thank you for giving us a perfect rate. I´m very proud to know that all our staff turn your staying in to a nice accomodation, Also I appreciate the tip about the breakfast I will personally revise it and do some adjustments that definitely will surprise you on your next visit. Once again thank you and be sure that I would share your compliments will all the staff. See you soon!

Reviewed 24 December 2017

The locals constantly harass you and make you very uncomfortable. (Selling fishing trips, braiding hair. come in their gift shops etc.) The hotel should have a security guard at all times. The men that sell boat trips at the hotel's beach started a fight with another local that ended with a man stabbed laying in the hotel patio walkway. It was a horrific day! We were so distraught about everything that happened we left the country immediately. We were there less than 24 hours. Also hot water issues, TV didn't work and no deadbolts on the doors which are definitely needed with the people loitering around the hotel. The workers were nice, but they didn't speak English well which didn't help with any of the issues. We will never go back to this hotel or Dominican Republic!

Room Tip: TRoom 24 which we were is in horrible condition. Bathroom very dated.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Inmense, Director Comercial at Eleven Palms by Inmense, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Kim

Thank you for writing such a detail review. However the security on the beach according to the dominican laws correspond to their staff, also the situation that you mention is not related to the resort as the policy report says, as this sellers were not resort´s staff.
I´m very sorry that you have this opinion for Dominican Republic which at the end has the same situation of another touristic place, regarding to the resort all doors have security at the door and also 24 hrs frontdesk security and they speak english as many visitors can confirm. Regards

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Would not go there again. Staff really has problem communicating in English. Hot water issues nearly everyday and WIFI wouldn’t work in my room most of the time.

Costly to go anywhere because cabs and motor bike guys rip you off. If you walk the street or the beach you will get accosted about every 30 yards to go to someone’s shop, go fishing or get a massage.
The Dominican Republic has to be nicer than this!

Stayed: November 2017
Inmense, Director Comercial at Eleven Palms by Inmense, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Danny Y
Thanks for your honest opinion. We have sent your comments to the affected personnel. It is very hard to hear what happened, but we hope you give us another opportunity to show you that we have improved. Please, let me know if you want to deal with the issue personally, however it´s very important to mention that is out of our hands the issues that you mention at Dominican Republic.