“Oct. 4, 2018 bike rental”
Review of Ride Krabi

Ride Krabi
Reviewed 8 October 2018

I rented a mountain bike from Matthew on October 4th as I love getting out and seeing the back country when my wife and I are travelling. This was a very spur of the moment deal as I was finding bike rentals/tours are not very abundant in Krabi. Matthew was very accommodating. In my late request as after explaining my size and requests for my desired trip, he promptly sent me confirmation and a GPX file via email and the next day he personally delivered the bike and hydration pack to my hotel (which was the next beach over from his location). GPX file was accurate and easy to follow. Matthew was very friendly and his prices are VERY reasonable considering other full MTX tour prices that are available in the area.
The bike provided was not fancy but functional. It had everything required to get out and have a great ride. The hydraulic brakes were a bonus and felt great. Only thing with the bike was that the rear derailleur shifter was quite stiff and would get stuck. It was a little hard on the thumb but that's it! Had a blast riding through the Krabi jungle and area. I would recommend to anyone interested.

tiamatt, Owner at Ride Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hi Derreck, glad you had a good time. Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Everything was perfekt. Cheap price and free bike pick up service. The communication was also pretty easy and fast!Highly recommend!The area around ao nang ans krabi is great for renting a bike!

tiamatt, Owner at Ride Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Went for Queens birthday to Tupkaek/Krabi and rented two bikes for strolling around. Matthew, the owner, was very responsive and helpful, he even delivered bikes and equipment to our hotel with no extra charge. Bikes were in good condition and way way better than the typical “hotel bikes”, no prob to ride on them from Tupkaek to Ao Nang and back (50k). There are some trails if you want to leave the beaten track, and Matthew can give you some advice if needed.

tiamatt, Owner at Ride Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you, for your kind review it was a pleasure to meet you and I'm glad that you enjoyed your riding.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Great communications by email and phone. Bike dropped off at hotel as promised and collected at the end of our trip. Matthew gave so great advice and tips on where to ride. Did a combination of off road and tarmac - the roads in this part of Thailand are great for riding on.

Would have no hesitation in recommending.

tiamatt, Owner at Ride Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you, it was a pleasure to be of service

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Matthew was very helpful when communicating over email and dropped off a mountain bike as planned at our Hotel along with some tips and where to go. He also emailed over some GPX routes which I popped onto my Garmin allowing me to explore the hidden interior of the region.

Bike was in great shape, helmet, lock, pump and puncture repair kit (thankfully not needed) supplied in a neat kit bag. Really added to my enjoyment of our holiday and allowed me to go off exploring whilst not letting fitness levels slip too much whilst away. Ended up riding either first thing in the morning when I saw Thailand waking up or towards the end of the day thus avoiding the heat.

Roads in the area were great, they put our South Buckinghamshire to shame. Lovely surface and with a wide shoulder used by mopeds, 3 wheelers and in my case cyclists.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
tiamatt, Owner at Ride Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thank you Henry for your kind review. It was great to meet you and glad you enjoyed our service and the riding.