Travelocity
eDreams
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
Hotels.com
All reviews million dollar point excellent diving president coolidge power board great guide fish enjoyed diving room worked well thanks guys great accommodation loved every minute phil wreck nitrox tucker jetty outfit
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 February 2020 via mobile

Just spent 6 nights at Coral Quays with a view to fulfilling my dream to dive the President Coolidge. From the moment I arrived, there was a friendly greeting at the airport and a big smile from the staff at the hotel. The cottages are huge and spread amongst the grounds. There are tea and coffee facilities and filtered drinking water in the rooms. The dive centre being on-site is a huge advantage and Tom and his team fulfilled every wish. We were particularly lucky to have the wreck to ourselves some days. I did some pretty adventurous diving on the Coolidge and loved every minute of it. The hotel has a nice pool area and the restaurant there produces some amazing food. The local Santo steaks are phenomenal and they have a good selection of drinks available. My room only had a fan. I wish I’d booked a room with AC for the hot and humid (cyclone season) nights. Be aware. The hotel is a little remote for some but I think that is what makes it so charming. I’ll definitely be back (but can you reduce the credit card charge from 5% to 3.5% please like other places I went to?) I don’t carry $1500 in cash - EVER!
Thank you to all at Coral Quays. Bucket list ticked!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2019

Great accommodation, very clean, all parts of room worked well. Take a power board for charging dive gear, cameras etc.

Excellent diving with the crew, felt very safe with their well trained dive crew. Very reassuring to see the dive guides carrying not two but three tanks. All the air you need.

They also give the divers 15 L dive tanks, very reassuring for air hogs like me.

Loved diving the Coolidge, also Million Dollar Point, great dive.

Food at Coral Quays very good, can recommend the place

Room tip: Think most rooms would be good.
Date of stay: October 2019
cavsanto66, Manager at Coral Quays Fish & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2019

Hey Susan,
Lovely to read you enjoyed your time with us.
Thank you for a great review!

Reviewed 22 November 2019

We had a really great stay at Coral Quays, and felt very well taken care of. We loved the relaxed pace at the resort, but we also felt well attended to so I think they've got that balance just right.

In terms of the overall resort experience, our bungalow was basic but clean and spacious, and our bed was comfortable. The fan in our room worked well but we also had the option to use aircon. Our only annoyance was the very low water pressure in our shower. Though we would have liked a bit more local flavour on the menu, the quality of the food we received was always very good so no complaints. Oh, and insider tip for non-Australians - the brown spread that you get with breakfast is NOT Nutella, it's Vegemite. :) We didn't get in the pool much but it looked nice and would be great for families. They also have a small beach and jetty across the road. We also did a couple of tours during our time there and the staff at Coral Quays were very helpful which made everything super easy. Wifi was only available in the main indoor area, bar and pool, not in our room but we didn't really care as we had brought books and enjoyed the peace and quiet in our bungalow.

The main draw card for us was the diving, and we were very happy with our experience. Our dive guides Jimmy, Kris and Eze were extremely professional and knowledgeable, and we also had lots of laughs - thanks guys! We hired some of our gear and we were happy with the standard and quality of the gear that we hired. From a cost perspective it would have been nice if we could have hired gear per day instead of per dive but we were aware of their pricing in advance so it wasn't a problem. We did a number of dives at the Coolidge (so good!), we also did Million Dollar Point, Mal Mal reef (sp?), Tutuba (really amazing) and the Tucker. The night dive on the Coolidge was by far and away the highlight - it's an absolute must-do, and something I'll never forget.

Overall both my partner and I would highly recommend Coral Quays, and would definitely stay there again if we get to visit Santo again. Thank you to Phil and Charmaine, and all the team at Coral Quays!

Date of stay: November 2019
cavsanto66, General Manager at Coral Quays Fish & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Dear Sarah & Simon,

It was just an absolute pleasure to have you around, specially when sharing the underwater magic of Vanuatu. We wished everybody always had your positive attitude and bravery! I'm glad we got to see you pushing yourself and loving it every time.

Know you're both welcome back any time!

Reviewed 12 October 2019

I holidayed with my family on Santo in late september but none of them dive so i was on my own. I did not stay at the resort but they picked me up from my resort and I had two dives with Marcello, one on the SS coolidge and the other million dollar point. Nice dives and Marcello was a great guide. Kris also came along and spent the morning with us and explained the history of the SS Coolidge and its sinking, I had a lovely time and was spoilt to have both Kris and Marcello looking after me, I would recommend these guys to anyone heading to Santo for a dive!

Date of stay: September 2019

Dear Toby,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was lovely to show the delights of underwater Vanuatu, even if just for such a short time. Next time bring your whole family along and let the whole Coral Quays Resort team pamper all of you!!

Reviewed 18 September 2019 via mobile

We have just visited Vanuatu and Coral Quays and we had 7 magnificent dives.
First day we had 2 Reef dives and 1 wreck dive(USS Tucker)
And let me say that the reefs look very healthy.
Second day we had 2 more Reef dives just another place it was just amazing.
Third day we did SS President Coolidge it is fantastic to go down in the deep and see this big ship and hear the history.
You can’t have all that without a fantastic Crew from Coral Quays, they know the right spots and they are more than happy to show you goodies of Santu in Vanuatu.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
cavsanto66, Manager at Coral Quays Fish & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2019

Hey John,
Thank you for taking your time to leave a review.
We are very happy you had such a good experience, it was our pleasure showing you guys the wonders of underwater Santo!