Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2019

We had 7 days on our own private Island with family and friends, with an amazing wedding included. Bokissa Island a magical paradise to have a wedding or a relaxing Holiday. The Staff are the most beautiful people in the World and the management were superb in all our wedding planning on and off the Island. Thank you Bokissa.

Room tip: Every Room looks out to the Ocean.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2019

Bokissa Island you did not disappoint!
Amazing holiday, we were on the Island for a Wedding!
Staff were very helpful and friendly!
Food was excellent!
We were very spoilt, rooms cleaned daily.
Pool was to die for.
Snorkeling was excellent.
We will return one day!
Thanks for an amazing holiday. ✅‍♂️‍♀️‍♂️‍♀️

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2019 via mobile

If you're looking for a no frills, quiet, relaxing place with top class, easy snorkelling straight off the beach, Bokissa Island is for you. Spend a lazy week, tended by the friendly and helpful staff, and be part of a tropical paradise.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichaeltheWriter
Reviewed 21 April 2019 via mobile

So bitterly disappointed, and feel like I have been conned out of my hard earned cash. I would honestly be happy to give ZERO STARS if the app would let me. What a SCAM.

We booked in for a week's stay, the resort allowed us to pay (by bank transfer oddly enough...), made all these promises of a tropical island paradise, then when we got to the airport, no one was there is collect us.

Luckily I am with Vodafone and have good roaming options, and was able to get a signal when we arrived at the airport, so we tried to call the number in Australia of "Julie" that we had previously spoken to and dealt with. No one answered the first 5 times then finally we got through to someone with a different name and they told us "you've been 'UPGRADED' to a different island".

Unfortunately when we called that island, they had no reservations for us, and no rooms available because they had already taken in two groups of guests with the same problem..

So now we are stranded in Santo with Bokissa having taken thousands and thousands of dollars of our money, and now not answering our phone calls.

We hear that the island is a construction site, and it seems odd to me that this could all have happened in a day which is what the lady on the phone told us "it happened yesterday"... We have tried to contact them as recently as 2 weeks ago and I am guessing the reason we got no response was that they realised they couldn't deliver on their promises. WHY NOT JUST TELL US FROM THE BEGINNING THAT YOU WEREN'T GOING TO BE OPEN?!

Oh and almost everywhere else is booked out cos it's school holidays... Yew.

I normally read the negative reviews of places but always take them with a grain of salt because everyone's experience is different and we generally are able to see the good in places more than the bad. But do yourself a favor and pay attention to the negative reviews on this one!! I now give those much greater weight than I had previously.

I feel very sorry for any other person who has been scammed out of their money like us.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank LauraC13898
Julie B, Manager at Bokissa Private Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2019

Hi Laura,
We are very surprised by your post and are quite shocked by your allegations of being “scammed”
As explained to you on the phone at the airport, we had unstable power issues and thought it fairer to upgrade you to another Island Resort.
Our staff spent many hours trying to find you at the airport, with no luck. We also could not get through on the phone number supplied with your booking (It appeared to be switched off)
We were informed the next morning from our staff that they had located you and transferred you to the other Island Resort as previously discussed with you.
I am so sorry that you felt "scammed out of your hard earned cash" but I am sure that you would agree...you were not.
In good faith, it cost us more than AUD$5,500.00 over what you had paid us for your stay at Bokissa. (including AUD$1000.00 in Resort Credit) to relocate you.
Bokissa Island Resort is open, and not under any type if construction whatsoever. We have now permanently resolved our generator issues.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 27 January 2019 via mobile

Went to this beautiful place Bokissa Island for my daughters wedding. Wow the staff are delightful in every way. The food was delicious. A hidden oasis. Theres no TV and didnt miss it at all. It's a great location to get away from reality and to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery.There is only about 15 bungalows on the whole island.
Definitely will be going back.

Date of stay: October 2018