“Gorgeous View!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Robyn M
“Gorgeous View!”
Reviewed 21 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

My family and I stayed at Misty Bluffs for a long weekend for some hiking and just to get away from the hustle and bustle of "real life" for a couple of days. This place was perfect for that! We hiked during the day and played games, cooked dinner, and caught up on the Olympics in the evening. Alum Cove Natural Bridge was less than 20 minutes away and Whitaker Point was about an hour away. The view off the back porch was stunning. Definitely worth waking up early for the sunrise.

Your age range 35-49
lfisher30
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Great view, great price”
Reviewed 9 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

What a lovely bargain. Nice house overlooking splendid Ozark hills in fall glory. Will definitely go back.

biztravel...
Chicago
“Lovely view, good home base”
Reviewed 21 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

We came to the area for some hiking and sightseeing, and the house was a good home base for us. It's not a fancy accommodation, but we found it adequate for relaxing. Appreciated that it's pet-friendly (Arkansas as a whole is amazingly pet-friendly). Plenty of kitchen equipment and dishes to serve a group. An earlier review mentioned poor sheets and towels, so we brought our own, but the house had been updated with lots of new towels and good bedsheets. Hand soap, dish soap, paper products all supplied, which was thoughtful and appreciated. Good wifi and mostly seamless connections. Lots of books for adults and kids, and a large collection of kid-friendly DVDs for rainy days.

BrianM768...
“Great”
Reviewed 17 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Great view. Great help with everything. loved the location. looking to go again in the fall to see foliage and winter to see snow.

judd1351
Saint Louis, Missouri
“DIY house with HORRIBLE Linens”
Reviewed 9 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

Full disclosure. I am a full time REALTOR veteran of 32 years. So I do look at properties very critically. I will give you pros and cons as I discuss this property.
You may not care about some of the items I mention, but that’s okay. I gave my husband 3 must haves. Wi-fi, air-conditioning and a king-sized bed. He kept his side of the bargain.

I want to state that the property is very clean inside. And I didn't see any live bugs inside. I must give them kudos for that. But HORRIBLE linens. I took pictures. Several of the towels were raggedy and had crappy edges and holes. They are rags in my household. Two washcloths. The linens for the master bed were the worst I had ever paid to sleep on. More on them later.

Gravel driveway and circle. Some motorcyclists may not be total comfortable with it. Aggregate free form sidewalk to front door is very steep from the driveway to the front door. I would not consider it easily handicap accessible. There was lots of gravel and tree branches on it so I swept it twice to walk on it easily without sliding or tripping.

Front porch: Right post is not even attached to front porch. Swings loose. All the woodwork underneath the sill is breaking and peeling away. Gutters are covered but the eaves of the front porch had a wasp nest and lots of webs etc. Swept those away.

Only one key available to use. The reason that is pertinent is because the interior front door lock is not turn-bolt —it is a keyed lock—which means in case of fire, you need to have the key to exit the locked front door. They are against code where I live.

Two bedrooms on the first floor with a large bathroom shared between the two of them. There is a narrow covered deck which runs all along the bedrooms and the rear of the house. I enjoyed that because it was the high point of the property and overlooked the view and valley the best. I spent most of my outside time on the deck outside of the Master bedroom. Loved the views and the sounds of nature.

Kichen, Eating Area, 2nd Bathroom and Family Room are in the lower level. Which means they are is all downstairs. Access to the large deck is via the sliding glass door adjacent to the “Breakfast Area.” Please be advised that the decking perimeter is not “Child-Proof.” Keep an eye on the little ones because they could easily fall between the posts. They do have a table on the very large deck with only four chairs. But there are two chairs on the upstairs deck.

There are lots of DYI items on this property that grabbed my attention, like the missing refrigerator handle, an outlet with tape on it, torn screens, a broken picture window, lots of mismatched curtains and uneven curtain rods which means the mis-matched curtains hang unevenly to the floor, a window shade that doesn’t rise up so we tied it up, the sofas have cigarette burns and holes plus one cushion was disgusting and the seat cushions are flat. I actually used the twin sheets to put on the couches so I felt comfortable sitting on them. All of the furnishings feel like Goodwill drop off’s.

The dining table adjacent to the kitchen has a very short black tablecloth on it. Also has a table pad on it which stuck to the table so we did not remove it to wipe and sanitize the table. I felt the need though to wipe down all the light switches because they were brown and dirty. Then I did the doorknobs, remotes, door handles and the stair handrail. Husband was surprised by all the dirt I collected on the wipes.

You need to bring your own hand soap bars for the shower. I took pictures of their towels which I consider to be rags. One of them had holes, one of them was threads all along the edges, and not enough of them to go one day with six people. I would bring my own towels and bedsheets if I rented this property. My husband and I slept on the king-sized master bed. The Mattress Pad and the “fitted” sheet kept popping off the edges and was very annoying. One of the blue pillowcases on the bed had a one inch hole in it so I put it in the closet after I took a picture of it. The comforter was very thin and smelled like mildew so I put it on top of the old dresser inside of the closet. No hangers in the closet. I didn’t want to put my clothes inside their old dresser.

I did not sleep well in that bed because of the deep valleys in the bed. And for some reason there is no box springs—so when one of us turned over—it made a weird crunchy sound that woke us up. The headboard of the king bed is directly against the bathroom wall. Although I love my husband—I don’t want to hear every sound made in the bathroom.

I loved the views and all the space in this property and the price is good. There’s brooms and cleaning stuff. Oven in the kitchen is small but does have four burners. Toaster works well on one side but the other side did not pop up and burned an English Muffin. The plastic handle was missing on one side and that should have been my clue that side didn’t work. We had to open the sliding glass door and window to get rid of the smoke. Nice TV in the Family Room though. I sat on the sheet covered sofas and watched it.

The reason I call it a DYI house is because I tell it was not professionally rehabbed. Kitchen cabinet alongside the sink is a different height, drywall seams are not straight and poor tape jobs on the drywall all over the place. Floor heights are not level, grout popping up on bathroom floor, shower needs heavy duty caulking done, and the mirror in the master bath is probably a door mirror that was turned sideways to put over the base cabinet.

So, bring extra towels, fitted sheets and a blanket, salt and pepper shakers, tissues and you will enjoy the house. I thought of it as "Glamping" and that is how I enjoyed it. Hubby fixed some great meals on their grill. Owner needs to spend some money on the property, buy new bedding and lots more towels.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing