Lock in the lowest price from these sites
All reviews filo beqa lagoon dive staff shark dive plunge pool koi pond lunch and dinner dive shop non divers fish bull sharks fire walkers great diving secret island garden bure dive group fire dancers
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 February 2024 via mobile

About to leave this beautiful island. The Staff is fantastic and a special shout out is needed for Junior (Ju Jioji) one of many dive masters on Thresher, for going above and beyond in taking care of my family. Memories made that will not be forgotten. Recommended to all divers for an amazing dive destination.

Room tip: Bring your heart and mind to be touched by these amazing people
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Oleksandra Chuvilova, Sales at Beqa Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2024

Dear Robert,

Thank you for choosing Beqa Lagoon Resort for your diving adventure and for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. It fills us with immense joy to hear that you had an amazing week of diving and fellowship on our beautiful island.

Our staff strives to provide exceptional service, and it's heartening to know that Junior (Ju Jioji) and the team on the Thresher made such a positive impact on your family's experience. We will ensure that Junior receives the special recognition he deserves for his dedication and care.

Creating unforgettable memories for our guests is what we aim for, and knowing that we've achieved this for you is truly rewarding. We're honored by your recommendation and delighted that you consider Beqa Lagoon Resort an amazing dive destination.

We hope to welcome you back in the future for more incredible diving experiences and to create even more lasting memories.

Beqa Lagoon resort Team

Reviewed 4 February 2024 via mobile

We went to Beqa Lagoon Resort from Jan 13 - 20th and had an amazing time. We were traveling with a group of 12 people which were all divers except one couple. After the trip and listening to all of us discuss our dives they are going to learn to scuba before our next dive trip. We had requested the 6 Bulas on the beach each with a personal plunge pool. The staff at this resort are all the most friendly resort staff I have ever met. They all act like you are the most important guest and do everything to make your stay the best. Our group of 10 divers were all on the boat called Mako and had Amazing Captain and Dive Masters including Junior, Sivvo and several others that I can't remember their names. The weather for our first 3 days was a bit rainy and caused some really big waves and current. On our very first dive we jumped in and had 3 or 4 good sized sharks swimming around us the entire dive. I have only ever dove with Nurse Sharks and once saw a Hammerhead in Cozumel. When I first saw the sharks and at least one was a tiger I was a little worried but quickly realized the sharks didn't care about us at all and I was able to relax. The second day of diving was our day for the famous shark dive. The DM and Brandon (I think he said he is a marine naturalist) gave us a very thorough briefing. Once we got to the site they told us the current was really strong but as long as we held onto the ropes all the way down we would be protected by the reef at the bottom. We are used to Cozumel current but this was crazy, we felt like flags on a pole in a hurricane. When we managed to get to the bottom they were right and the rest was great and there was so many fish and sharks I was just mesmerized. We heard from the other groups that when they went the current was gone. The diving the rest of the week was awesome and the colors of the reef was something I have ever seen. I would recommend this resort to any divers and our friends that came to relax and didn't dive said they had an amazing trip as well.

Room tip: Make sure you declare anything you have that is on the lists. I wrote down all food etc that we brought and they never looked at the form but we had it in case they asked.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Aleksandra Chuvilova, Sales at Beqa Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2024

Dear Laura,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience at Beqa Lagoon Resort!
We're thrilled to hear that you and your group had an amazing time, both underwater and above.

It's heartwarming to know that our staff made a lasting impression on you with their friendliness and dedication to making every guest feel important. We'll be sure to pass your kind words to the entire team, especially to Junior, Sivvo, and our amazing captain and dive masters on the Mako boat. Your acknowledgment means the world to them.

We're delighted that your diving adventures, including the encounter with the sharks and the famous shark dive, were exhilarating and memorable. It's great to hear that even the non-divers among you were inspired to learn scuba diving for future trips. The beauty and diversity of our reefs are indeed something special, and we're glad you could experience it firsthand.

We appreciate your recommendation and are so pleased that your friends who preferred to relax also enjoyed their stay. It's our goal to ensure every guest has an exceptional experience, whether they're diving or simply soaking in the tranquility of our resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Beqa Lagoon Resort for more incredible diving and relaxation. Until then, we wish you safe and exciting adventures wherever you go.

Beqa Lagoon Resort Team

Reviewed 24 December 2023

We booked our honeymoon at Beqa Lagoon resort so we could dive with sharks.

I read several reviews, good & bad but decided that the location and shark dive experience outweighed the potential negatives.

Diving: We did 15 dives in 5 days. The reef dives were fantastic, even though the team said the viz wasn’t great. The dive team were the highlight of this trip, they have a laid back style but help you with everything. I barely lifted a finger but they want to make your diving as enjoyable as possible.

Free Shore Dives: The reef is directly in front of the resort. The boat reef dives and shark dives are incredible but we had one of our best diving experiences 50m from the resort. We dived with 2 octopuses

Shark Dives - this is one of the main attractions at the island and it did not disappoint. My mind was blown and the dive team were exceptional at making us feel safe and shepherding the sharks underwater. This experience is definitely for experienced and confident divers. Yes, they protect you but you do have very close encounters with Tiger sharks and bull sharks.

Rooms - we stayed in the cheapest room and it was brilliant. Air conditioning was great, we were greeted with flowers and a fruit platter. There were no locks on the room but each room at a safe for valuable. The water pressure was low but manageable.

Food: Excellent - we are both vegetarian and the food was just fantastic. All meals were heathy, freshly cooked and each day you got to decide what to eat the next day. We were never hungry. We did bring our own snacks for when out diving and for in between lunch and dinner.

Staff: Beqa offers something that is special. It is like a big family, within a week we knew all the staff by name. Every one of them was friendly, caring and treated you like a friend.

Activities: Each day there are 3 activities. These range from reef snorkel, fire walkers, village visit, waterfall walk etc. It’s an opportunity to learn about the people who live on Beqa. There is plenty to do even if you don’t dive.

Overall: Most of the problems I read in reviews about the cleanliness, food and air conditioning have obviously been fixed.

I’d 100% return and recommended to anyone to go to Beqa Lagoon resort.

I will be forever grateful to everyone on the island who helped make our honeymoon so special. Thank you

Room tip: Bring a water bottle to fill up and use throughout your stay. Buy snacks before you arrive on the island
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aleksandra Chuvilova, Sales at Beqa Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2024

Bula!

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of Beqa Lagoon Resort! We are thrilled to hear that you chose us for your honeymoon and that you had such a memorable experience with us.

It's wonderful to know that you enjoyed the diving, including the reef dives and the incredible shark dives. Our dive team takes pride in ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests, and it's great to hear that they made you feel comfortable and facilitated your encounters with the sharks.

We are glad you appreciated the accommodations, food, and the friendly atmosphere created by our staff. It's truly heartwarming to hear that you felt like part of the Beqa Lagoon Resort family during your stay.

Your feedback about the cleanliness, food quality, and air conditioning is much appreciated. We are constantly striving to provide the best possible experience for our guests, and your positive comments reinforce our efforts.

We are honored to have been a part of your special honeymoon, and we would be delighted to welcome you back for another visit in the future. If you have any friends or family looking for an unforgettable experience, please don't hesitate to recommend us.

Vinaka vakalevu (thank you very much) for choosing Beqa Lagoon Resort, and we hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,
Oleksandra
Reservations
Beqa Lagoon Resort

Reviewed 22 September 2023

1. The people! I won't list names as I know I'll forget some but the staff at the resort is hand's down, the best! I've never felt more welcomed, more at home, more like I'd made new friends like I did last week at Beqa Lagoon!
2. The spa! BEST vacation massages I've ever had (notice the plural - after the first, I had to have more).
3. The food! Every single meal was very, very good! Huge portions and great flavors. As a non-diver I did eat my share right along with all my diving companions though.
4. The activities! The activity staff was great in putting together fun things to do and I learned SO MUCH about the history and culture of Fiji! Unfortunately I missed the village visit but was happy to be able to meet some folks when the choir and the kids visited the resort.
5. The diving! I'll insert for my diving husband here. Great dive masters, wonderful dives. The shark dive and accompanying education was phenomenal!
6. The location! While the bus ride from Nadi to the boat launch was long, it was beautiful. I swear every single person we passed gave us a huge wave. Fiji definitely knows how to make visitors feel welcomed! The island feels remote and private. Simply beautiful!
7. The size! I've never had an experience at a resort this small nor where our group had the whole place. Divine!
8. The house reef! As a non-diver I spent most of my mornings paddle boarding and snorkeling the house reef. Saw some beautiful corals and some days it was so alive with colorful fish! Paddleboarding out to the further edges of the reef was the best as the reef got better further out.
9. Vacation tattoo! I've never felt inspired to get a vacation tattoo but when I heard that an artist who'd done some of the dive staff's amazing work was coming I immediately got in line! This was a vacation that I definitely wanted memorialized!
10. Time! This resort, this island, this country somehow provided a magical ability to slow time for me. Really great vacations usually speed by way too fast but not this one! Each day lingered on beautifully and while I could have stayed longer, I was ready to go home....hopeful to return again.
Cheers Beqa Lagoon Resort!!

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Aleksandra Chuvilova, Sales at Beqa Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2023

Dear Mariah!
Absolutely thrilled by your review, thank you! 🌟
Your detailed account of your Beqa Lagoon Resort experience is heartwarming. It's wonderful to know you found joy in the people, spa, delicious meals, engaging activities, and the stunning surroundings. Your enthusiasm for the diving, especially the shark dive, is fantastic!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Beqa Lagoon Resort for more unforgettable moments!

Vinaka vaka levu (Thank you very much)!

Warm regards,
The Beqa Lagoon Resort Team

Reviewed 21 July 2023

We had such an amazing stay. Our beach front Bure was very comfortable and beautiful. Resort grounds well maintained. Enjoyed the activities. Meals were very good and service was outstanding. The dive team was Excellant and diving with the sharks was amazing. We can’t wait to return.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Aleksandra Chuvilova, Sales at Beqa Lagoon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2023

Dear Guest,

Bula! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Beqa Lagoon Resort.

We're thrilled to hear that you had an amazing stay with us. It's wonderful to know you found your beachfront bure comfortable and beautiful, and that you appreciated our well-maintained resort grounds.

We're delighted that you enjoyed our activities and meals. We take pride in providing excellent service, and it's gratifying to know that our efforts made a positive impact on your experience.

Your kind words about our dive team are truly appreciated, and we're thrilled that your dive with the sharks was amazing. We aim to provide unique and unforgettable experiences, and we're glad to hear that we succeeded in your case.

We are looking forward to your return visit. Thank you once again for choosing Beqa Lagoon Resort and for sharing your experience.

Vinaka vakalevu (Thank you very much)!

Beqa Lagoon Resort