All reviews dog toby jack russell terrier cotton sheets reception area tea and coffee facilities power shower public car park nice stay cooked breakfast local knowledge friendly welcome bit dated a great place to stay co op family room kristina rooftops
Reviewed 28 July 2018

Great hostess, lovely dog, room fine, altogether grand! I had a vintage car which needed to be parked and the owner made available to me an enclosed car park for which I was very grateful . I would have preferred a duvet instead of blankets but it wasn't a problem!

Stayed: July 2018
cartrefhotel, Owner at Cartref Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Great! So happy everything worked satisfactory for you!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

My stay at Cartref was very pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable, and breakfast was delicious. As a bonus, the owner Kristina is very nice, and she has an adorable little dog. And all of this comes at a very reasonable price. I’d gladly come back here if I’m ever in Fishguard again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Aled J

Thank you! I hope the rest of your holiday was also pleasant and memorable!

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We stayed here on our first and on our last night in Wales recently. Conveniently situated close to centre. Very comfortable rooms, spotlessly clean. Very good breakfast, all cooked up by the lovely hostess, Kristine. The building is a bit dated but the service and welcome make up for it. Thank you Kristine.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen M
cartrefhotel, Owner at Cartref Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Thank you! I am glad you felt comfortable!

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I spent a week here with work and can say it offers good value for money. The hotel is on the main street but has no parking. There is a public car park just out back but it is a (very cheap) pay and display...something to be aware of.
On entering it's a bit dated and the public rooms could do with a more modern look as they are rather dated...they are clean and in many ways tbis is more important.
My room, like my colleagues, was small but accectable. It was very clean and had all the facilities you'd expe t as well as enough storage. The on suite was small but again clean and practical. The plumbing was a bit noisy and a bit distracting.
Breakfast was a good affair and as we had to start early the owner looked after us well.
If in the area I'd happily stay here on work business but I'd probably not stay with my wife.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Iain M

Thank you for your kind review! Just a few points I'd like to comment on: Being right in the center of town we are lucky to have a couple of parking places by the side of the hotel, in front of the garages. If you are staying several nights, it might be more convenient to park in the public car park, just behind us. We also have 2 garages, very much appreciated by motor bikers and cyclists - we could put there up to ten bikes!
This is an old building, with several additions and renovations, so the rooms differ in size. I think we could find a room to please your wife as well! Try us!

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful weekend staying at the Cartref Hotel in Fishguard. The owner Kristina was friendly and informative about the local area and was very helpful to our friends that were joining us over the weekend to go sea kayaking. Breakfast was lovely and plentiful with cereals, fruit, yoghurt, full English and tea/coffee and juice. Kristina's friendly little dog Toby was a pleasure as well. Will definitely stay again if we return to the area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank kazzy43
cartrefhotel, Owner at Cartref Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you! You were wonderful guests!