1,714 results
All reviews signature room standard room garden lodge evening entertainment dining room entertainment team tribute band age group entertainment hall line dancing waiter service main building night break older people leisure centre royale room mulberry lounge
Reviewed 29 March 2016

Just returned from a lovely Easter weekend break. We visited the Castle many years ago and found it very dismal but following the extensive improvements had a very enjoyable stay. The rooms are spacious, clean and well equipped. The food is excellent and plentiful with a great choice of dishes. All the staff throughout the Castle are very friendly and so pleasant. The massage in the spa was excellent too. The only negative is the lack of a quiet lounge to be able to read etc. Maybe something to consider Warners. Also no wifi in our rooms only in public areas.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
TimSnowdonGM, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words about your Easter break with us at Bodelwyddan. I do hope you will return to see yet more improvements as we continuously review and improve the service we provide to our guests.

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

First time at a Warner holiday but how fab. ...beautiful surroundings and we stayer in one of the top rooms...had our own jacuzzi in the ensuite that used to be the turret of the castle ...fabulous food. ..staff really helpful...lovely pool. ...

Hello,

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially as this was your first visit to Warner.

We hope you had a wonderful Birthday and that you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Visited this hotel for the second time in 6 months . Food, accommodation and staff were all excellent . Surprised to read some of the negative comments on here as I really couldn't fault this hotel . Wonderful entertainment and shows in the evening and the team worked really hard to please the guests, especially Joe and Alison who couldn't do enough for us . Only one small comment, please get some heating in the Lowther Hall.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are first class
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jepstock
TimSnowdonGM, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your comments, I was pleased to read you had a pleasant stay with us. I will share your constructive comments with the team and once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

We have stayed in most of the Warner hotels over the years but not for a while but thought we would try this one and so glad we did. Wow does it look smart now on arrival. The glass atrium for the reception area is stunning. Our room was excellent, we had a signature and it was in a perfect position. The food was best we have ever had at warners. The fish bar was lovely. The entertainment was good and we had a thoroughly good weekend. If wasn't so far away from where we live would go there regularly. Thoroughly recommend, give it a try.

Room Tip: If during winter months choose rooms inside near reception, not far to walk to dining and cabaret rooms
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mojo I

Hello,

I am always delighted to read about guests who really embrace all we have to offer at Bodelwyddan, I will be pleased to share your feedback with the team. Thank you for your wonderful comments and we hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

First. Impressions, a very nice reception area and lounge/bar area. The Reception Staff are polite, but a smile and a friendly word would make such a difference. The food is very good, a wide variety and plenty of it, I couldn't fault it. The Restaurant staff are fantastic, even though they are very busy, nothing is too much trouble. We had a standard room, it had views to die for over the castle grounds, it was large, very comfortable, there were a couple of armchairs, lovely comfortable beds, we had twin beds, my only gripe, the duvets were just the width of the bed, a larger person would find it difficult to keep covered. The bathroom was well appointed, there was plenty of storage, it was a lovely room. Public areas are very nice, the spa and swimming pool looked very good I didn't use them. The entertainment staff were great, friendly and hard working, the entertainment was ok. One thing spoiled it for us, I booked a gold experience for the entertainment room, I wanted Saturday but was told it was fully booked, so I picked Tuesday, my birthday. I couldn't have a silver experience as they were fully booked, so gold it was. I saw a note in our welcome pack about cocktails on Saturday at. 6 pm, but we were out all day and couldn't make it, it appears this is part of our experience, but this was booked for Thursday anyway, we were leaving the hotel on the Wednesday, I have to say it was hurriedly organised for us, but it wasn't the same, it wasn't special. I think there needs to be clearer instructions on when and what to do, but I accept perhaps I should have asked about it at booking in and not just thought it would just happen. Be prepared for interrogation from guests on how many hotels you have visited, if you have upgraded, and being considered below average if you don't take at least 3 holidays a year at Warners and haven't upgraded to a superior room, there is definitely a level of snobbishness which seems to be the norm at the hotels. All in all we had a good time, it's definitely for the older generation, I am in my early 70's and felt quite young. it's our 4th holiday at Warners, I am not sure if there will be another. They are very expensive, and I can't honestly say they are value for money.

Room Tip: We had a,standard room 424 beautiful views of the park land and close to all amenities.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pauline m

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions of Bodelwyddan on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry that some aspects of your stay did not quite meet your expectations. Your comments will be discussed with our Management Team and we truly apologise if there was confusion over your VIP experience.