All reviews chilli range of beers beer garden coleslaw sunday roast following morning lovely breakfast poached eggs double room friendly hotel long weekend full english breakfast family room pub dog ale
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Exactly what it says on the tin...."Good Home Cooked Food"

The Sunday lunch we had was very pleasant having chosen lamb and beef dinners. Three thick slices of meat, roast potatoes and gravy came on the HOT ( a lovely change) plate! A side of mixed vegetables and boiled potatoes with a large gravy boat.

We have attached a menu (with prices) and a photo of the "A-board" from outside the premises. Nice choice of real ales (beware the 6%abv IPA!!) lagers and ciders as well as wines and bottled beers

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Same 3 drinks cost £1 more on bank holiday Monday than the day before, when I complained to the the staff, I was told 'that's the price' Have been a regular visitor but this will put me off coming here in future.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Ohforgodnesssake
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

We were back in Barmouth for a long weekend, and as usual popped into the Tal Y Don for a drink.

Situated in the heart of Barmouth, this pub / hotel is ideal for a lunchtime drink or a bite to eat.

We’ve been coming to Barmouth for many years and have always come in, although on this occasion, this was the first time we decided to eat.

Prices are reasonable for a tourist town. Everything is homemade and sourced locally.

My wife and I had starters and then a Main.

I choose the house burger with cheese and bacon, my wife after much debate at the bar chose the chilli.

Service was prompt, and the food delicious.

The burger was a hand shaped 1/2lb with the cheese (loads of) and bacon. Served in a brioche bun, with relish, burger sauce and the salad separate for you to add as you see fit.

My wife’s chilli (in her words) was devine and had good taste and heat.

Clean plates all round for us two.

Overall good pricing, good food, good atmosphere. Although a sunny day, we ate inside, there is seating outside if you wish.

If you’re in Barmouth pop in and try. Monday - Saturday there is a varied menu, Sunday is Sunday roasts only ..

We didn’t here on the Sunday, instead having a drink outside !!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

A fun pub with a good atmosphere. Tv screens for sport and a few tables at the back of the pub for a more restaurant feel. Friendly staff and a great breakfast, which was expertly cooked and lots of it. In April the sun (yes there was some) lights up the front outside tables. Bar food was good with big portions. Beer prices reasonable compared to the Tillman. We stayed the night and our room was perfectly acceptable. It gets busy so you may have to queue at the bar.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

It’s a real shame that the staff are so rude. Had one drink then was waiting patiently at the bar for another and was ignored whilst the 2 staff served 6 people in front of me. I politely pointed out that I was waiting and had a look that could turn milk sour off the bar lady. Once the lady had poured our drinks they were slammed on the bar and money was taken without a thank you. The change was given with a thank you but it was too little too late. We Have a holiday home in Barmouth and there are so many other nice pubs I would advise you to avoid this place. Over priced beer which isn’t the best with ‘tourist prices’ added so even more expensive for travellers. Such a shame as has a lot of potential. Manners don’t cost a penny and at their prices you at least expect a smile.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family