All reviews close to town centre walking distance twin room excellent location great place to stay three nights be visiting again lovely room yogurt godfrey dog ceredigion path
Reviewed 3 August 2018

We had to change our holiday plans, and came across Coed y Bryn B&B, Cardigan. The studio apartment is clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated - this all contributed to a really enjoyable experience. It is only a 10 minute stroll from the centre of town - shops, (including the Eco shop), cafes, pubs, theatre and cinema. As well as being close to the path to walk to Cilgaren wildlife centre. The proprietor, Godfrey, is welcoming, funny and interesting - we had a very interesting chat about bees! We bought a couple of jars of honey to bring home. We had a fantastic holiday, due in no small part to our stay at Coed y Bryn B&B. I would have no hesitation in recommending the studio apartment and will definitely be staying again! All the best to you and your family Godfrey.

Room Tip: Wonderful balcony offering somewhere calm & peaceful to unwind.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank gavinfsharp
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Perfect location so close to the town centre of cardigan owner very pleasant and helpful room very clean and comfortable and tea and coffee facilities provided although when we visited unfortunately no breakfast was available

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindaEaves29
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Trotz persönlicher Mitteilung über Ankunft NACH 19.00 Uhr geschlossene Türen, niemand da, keine Reaktion auf Telefonanruf. Auch am nächsten Morgen 10.00 Uhr keine Reaktionen und niemand vor Ort. Trotzdem auf Geld beharrt und keine Kontaktaufnahme gemacht, um Anliegen zu klären. Wir mussten kurzfristig ein anderes Hotel suchen und auch bezahlen, wobei uns da gesagt wurde, dass dies bei diesem B&B öfters passiert. Meidet dieses B&B!
Trotz Bezahlung des gesamten Betrages, keine Bewertung via Ebooking.com möglich!

Despite of personal contact and informing the arrival time would be AFTER 7pm, doors were lcosed, nobody there, no reaction to phone calls. The same the next morning at 10am, no reaction and nobody there. Nevertheless we had to pay the full amount for the night. Owner never contacted us to discuss the matter. At short notice we had to find another hotel and pay it, of course.There we were told, that this happens quite a few times at this B&B. So don't go there!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IvoS280
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I booked Coed Y Bryn for three nights, starting on Sunday. I paid in advance. Unfortunately, I was unavoidably delayed and I arrived about 7.50 pm. I found that the hotel was closed. A sign stated that unless you physically book in by 7 pm you can't get in, I tried the phone number and explained things and left a message, although I have never received a reply. I then had to find another hotel. I returned to Coed-Y-Bryn the following afternoon and had to wait over an hour for someone to return to the office. When they did so, they informed me that my ENTIRE booking had been cancelled and that they would retain my payment for ALL THREE DAYS. I accept that I was late on day one, and I am willing to accept that I have lost the first night stay, but I regard it as UNREASONABLE for them to retain the money for the other two days. This reflects very badly indeed on the management of the hotel and I will now initiate steps to redeem the money for the two days.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Sent F
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Godfrey was very welcoming. The room was very comfortable, warm and spacious. Plenty of towels, tea ,coffee and milk. Breakfast was everything we wanted. Full English, cereal, toast and yoghurt. Very close to the town and costal path. We have had a wonderful weekend staying in a very comfortable BB. We would definitely recommend Coed y bryn and would make a return visit.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple