“Just what was needed”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lahney Cottage

The wood burner
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The wood burner
Through to the kitchen
Compact, but with everything you need!
The king-size bed
Degas
The bathroom
The High Street at night
A beautiful view of Staithes
Staithes harbour
Walking the dogs at the top of the village
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Just what was needed”
Reviewed 18 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

What a lovely cottage by the sea.
Quaint well equipped with everything you could possibly need for a short break.
Very comfortable bed for a good nights sleep following the perfect walks we had with the dogs.
1 minute walk from a great pub 'Cod & Lobster' with good food at reasonable price and good Yorkshire beer. Equally nice pub 2 minutes walk down the cobble street 'The George', all dog friendly for well behaved dogs like mine!
I loved this place so much, having spent 2 nights here with a very dear friend I drove straight back again to spend a further 3 nights with my Boyfriend!
I would recommend Lahney Cottage as a wonderful, relaxing place to escape the stresses of every day life. I will most definately be back.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
18 Apr 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review Angela, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at Lahney Cottage. I hope you will come back and visit again soon!
Katie c
“Miss”
Reviewed 16 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I have nothing but positives!

Such a quaint cosy cottage looking out along the cliffs, in the oldy-wordly village setting. The pubs and restaurants were lovely and the locals are so friendly. It truly is somewhere to get away and forget about life for a bit. I would recommend it and have recommended to to all my family and friends. I highly suggest you enquire!

16 Apr 2016
I am so pleased you like our cottage Katie, thank you so much for your lovely review, and I hope we will see you back again soon :-)
Graham R
“Fantastic Relaxing Long Weekend”
Reviewed 15 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

I really needed to get away from it all and Lahney Cottage gave us everything we needed. A comfortable bed, a kitchen with everything you need, a nice sitting room, WiFi and wood burning fire to boot!

The cottage is a few short strides from the harbour and beach. The dogs loved walking there.

The village of Staithes has two lovely pubs near the cottage which serve great food.

Staithes is a great place to use as a base to visit nearby Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay and other places along the coast and inland.

We will definitely visit Staithes and Lahney Cottage again.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
16 Apr 2016
Thank you so much for your kind words Graham , I am so glad you like the cottage, and I hope we will see you back again soon!
Mellor201...
Buxton, United Kingdom
“A weekend in Staithes”
Reviewed 22 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Brilliant service from Eva giving accurate and detailed instructions on parking and how to find the cottage. Eva arranged the parking for us. We found the cottage easily. Excellent in every way - cosy and warm; comfy sofas and very comfy bed with pretty bedlinen. Cottage has been sympathetically decorated. Fantastic wood-burning stove. Well-equipped kitchen. Everything in fact you might need for a relaxing break!
The cottage is 2 minutes walk from the Cod and Lobster at the harbour which serves great food and beer.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
24 Mar 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I m so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon!
Best wishes
Eva
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing