“Great find”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of High Winds

High Winds Cottage
Our open plan living area The kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
High Winds Cottage
Our open plan living area
The kitchen
The lounge area
The dining area
The master bedroom
The twin room
The bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sweennny
“Great find”
Reviewed 11 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

Great place , can't fault it , had a great stay apart from the weather , lovely village and people just as nice , Eva it's a credit to you , will be back

12 Nov 2016
I am so glad you liked the cottage and Staithes, and look forward to welcoming you back soon :-)
Best wishes
evaporato...
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Perfect for us and our little terrors”
Reviewed 10 September 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Taken me a while to get around to writing this, Sorry Eva, better late than never. This is the third time we have stayed in Staithes and it has become very addictive and the place we always compare other places to. However everywhere seems to always come up short.
High Winds gave us everything we could have wished for. Including a welcome for our two little schnauzers. Not everyone will consider two dogs, even miniature ones so we are very grateful to Eva for being so welcoming. They absolutely loved it.
The cottage is very well equipped and I can't think of anything you would need.
It was July when we stayed so no need of the log burner but we are thinking of trying a winter break at some point so than would be very welcome.
The double bedroom is on the second floor with loads of space but remember to duck under the beam. fortunately not my side of the bed, ha.
High Winds is easily large enough for 4 people and is very well presented in a clean condition.
The cottage is situated right in the middle of the village so perfect for the beach and the pubs.
Eva lives close by and would be on hand to help should you need anything but left us to it as everything was just as we had hoped.
Thank you for a very nice stay and we are hoping to stay again before too long,

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
10 Sep 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review Doug, I am so glad you liked High Winds. Hope to see you back before long for that winter break :-)
Shazza202
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage, will go again”
Reviewed 17 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We stayed at High Winds for 4 nights in May. The cottage is lovely, all the facilities you could need, the top floor bedroom is huge! Dogs are welcome which is great. The cottage is a couple of minutes walk from the small beach and there are 2 pubs close by, plus tea rooms.

Travelling group: Teenagers
18 Jun 2016
Hi Sharon
I am so glad you all liked the cottage and Staithes. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Best wishes
VRGravil
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Wonderful cosy cottage. ”
Reviewed 1 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

It's the first time that me and my partner have visited Staithes. We had a brilliant time and loved that everything was dog friendly. The cottage was everything we had hoped it would be for our few days away with the dog. The cottage is in the heart of the village, perfect for a nice stroll along the beach or quick bite to eat. The living area is open plan and I loved being able to chat to my partner while being in the kitchen. The master bedroom is a great size. I took my dressing gown expecting to be cold but I did not need to use it, the cottage was so nice and warm considering the pretty bad weather we had during our visit. There is much to do in and around Staithes. It was especially nice that a folder in the cottage contained all this information. It left me wanting more. I hope to visit again in the near future and would absolutely stay in High Winds again.

2 Apr 2016
Thank you so much for your kind words Vicky, I'm so glad you both had a such a good time. Hope to see you again soon, either at High Winds or our newly acquired Lahney Cottage :-)
deborahmy...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Outstanding find!!!!!”
Reviewed 16 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I have just returned from a three night stay at High Winds Cottage. We arrived early evening and contacted Eva to get specific instructions as I couldn't access my emails with the original instructions on. Eva was prepared to come out in the evening and show us to the cottage herself but we found it no problem. Once inside we were greeted with a warm, clean and cosy cottage. Eva had left us some bread, milk and butter with was very welcome. The bedrooms were very comfortable and the top bedroom was to die for very spacious with beautiful furniture and plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. There was a hairdryer, iron, ironing board and travel cot for use if needed. The kitchen was extremely well equipped and we cooked and eat in, we wanted for nothing. The location of the cottage was excellent as it was within a stones throw from the two excellent pubs. Added bonus was the wifi. We will definitely be returning and cannot recommend this cottage highly enough.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and the cosyness
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
16 Feb 2016
Thank you so much for your wonderful review Deborah, hope to see you back again soon!
Eva
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing