1,290 results
All reviews leisure facilities steam room buffet style leisure club both mornings course dinner short break lake district full english food was lovely lovely location log fire both nights yorkshire dales enjoyable stay couldn't fault biscuits
Reviewed 1 May 2018

The bad reviews on this site are the only true reflection of this hotel.
THe mangement or staff are putting the good reviews on this site.
My clients had booked a block booking of rooms for a wedding, only for them to be cancelled a month before the wedding, leaving the bride somewhat stressed.
The staff didn't seem to care , and was told by a lady called jo that they had maintenance work going on, hence the cancellations, also that they didn't want wedding guest arriving and leaving the hotel at all hours.
If you want reliability and professionalism , don't frequent this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
5  Thank sandraA6154CR
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Terrible, one of the worst places we have stayed! Wish I’d seen the other reviews first! Booked as somewhere to stay for a friend’s birthday in the village only to be told we had to be in our rooms by 1am otherwise we would be locked out! Some hotel that is! Not been given a 1am curfew since my Mum as a 16 year old

Get in the room to find there is no shower, what hotel doesn’t have a shower nowadays?

No Wi-fi in rooms too, again something you’d expect nowadays

Gym is ok

Once we checked out we found out we had accidentally left a hairdryer in the room. We called and emailed and after making contact the owners stoped replying and have effectively stolen the hairdryer! Nothing but a bunch of thieves

They only got 1star because I can’t score less and the breakfast was actually decent

6  Thank Dean Z
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I visited the Whoop Hall with trepidation after reading reviews , however I had a very welcome surprise as the staff were all very friendly looked after me ( I ended up going solo after last minute let down) and very professional . The food was divine . I haven’t eaten that well in a long time and the prices very reasonable ..

The staff also allowed me an extra allowance ( I too was on groupon ) for my evening meal as I was on my own .. a gesture I thought very considerate .

Rooms were clean , bathroom large and yes maybe the decoration is dated but are you staying in your room when you have the beautiful Lake District at your doorstep ??

I’m writing this whilst still here , I can’t move for food and I’m certainly in for a treat at breakfast time .. overall great value and I wouldn’t hesitate in returning ..

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We visited this hotel on a Wowcher bed breakfast and dinner on the first night, from the start we were treated like second class guests, no information forthcoming, the dinner menu was on a small piece of paper with a choice of three items, none of which were very appealing. There was a £4 per day charge for WiFi and then it was only available in the lounge unable to get it in the bedrooms. The bed linen was dirty, we are unable to sleep with a duvet, so we always remove it and use the cover as a sheet, the duvet was stained in several places and a blanket in the wardrobe was extremely smelly and unusable. The owner/manager was extremely unwelcoming and unfriendly as said previously it was as if we were second class guests, unsurprisingly we decided we could not stomache a second night and left rather than spend a second night in the bed, I dread to think what the bed is like when the bed linen is so stained.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
7  Thank John G
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely three star hotel based in lovely surroundings and although it’s near a main road you don’t hear it as the hotel is set back far enough from road for it not to have any effect.
The room was clean and the facilities ok. The bed was firm but comfortable. P
The manager, his wife and their son are all lovely and very helpful. Trust me, if you take time to actually speak to them you’ll find out just how nice they are. Very accommodating, friendly and a good sense of humour.
Their chef deserves a mention as the breakfasts and main meals / pub lunches were fantastic. They tasted great and were great value for money (when you had to pay of course as our breakfasts and first night’s meal were included in our groupon voucher).
I honestly don’t know why people complain about this hotel especially if they’ve gone there on one of the vouchers available. Great value for money if that’s the case.
Would definitely return and this time we’d stay longer .

1  Thank JanB1880