All reviews modern hotel great hotel balcony countryside interior
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Great hotel of the tourist highways. Great big rooms, with balcony and the most Comfortable bed. Clean swimmingpool. Great breakfast selection. Stayed one night only. More nights would be to much, as you are in the middle of nowhere.

Stayed: July 2017
Salvo Catalano C, Direttore at Federico II Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Philiph S.
I'm very glad you enjoyed our hotel and I hope you can come back to Enna again in the future.
My best regards.

Salvatore Catalano
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Beautiful large rooms. King size beds with comfortable mattresses and pillows. Great bathroom with shower with plenty of hot water. Great views from large balconies. Nice furnishing and decorations.

Beautiful common areas and grounds.

We had a very good dinner meal in the hotel dining room, and one of the best breakfasts during our month long trip.

Problems:
- We were told by the hotel not to use the room safes because they did not have someone available to open them if there is a problem with the safe.
-The key card that you insert in the slot for electricity is very problematic, all our friends had problems with them
-The hotel is not really near anything, nothing in walking distance, you must have a car!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Salvo Catalano C, Direttore at Federico II Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear BostonSkier.
Thank you for the time that you are devoting to writing this review.
It is a pleasure to know that our service and hospitality have met your expectations.
It really makes me very happy that the passion, dedication and professionalism of our staff have affected you, and I appreciate very much your comments, because, it’s our greatest reward.
Thanking you again and looking forward to welcome you again in Enna.
My best regards.

Salvatore Catalano
Il Direttore
Federico II Palace Hotel

Reviewed 25 November 2016

I wouldn’t recommend this hotel for use in winter months due to dangerous road conditions on route to the hotel. The hotel is at altitude and suffers from thick fog and pocket is driving rain, this coupled with early dark nights and poorly maintained unlit mountain roads is very dangerous. The hotel is situated In a deep dark valley adjacent to the much higher main road making the hotel completely invisible on approach from the A19 direction with no lit signage or slip road, just a dark tight turn country track barely wide enough for a car to fit at the mouth of a very fast moving dual carriage way. With this said the hotel is extremely hard to find and easy to overshoot on a very unforgiving road with little places to turn back. Don't make the mistake I did and trust your "Google maps navigation" which rerouted me after over shooting the hotel entrance road. I ended up being rerouted through a very dangerous off-road mountainous farmers track about a mile further up the road from the hotel which was not suitable for the average car and more suited to the likes of a tractor! the diversion took me up steep inclines through farmers crop fields and dangerous declines on lose ground, how I made it out of there alive and the hire car undamaged I will never know! My advice do your research find a different more accessible hotel or make sure you arrive when it is still daylight.
Once I finally arrived at the hotel it was of an OK standard but other guests were very noisy and was hard to sleep. The bathroom was a little damp with the a few silverfish scuttling around the bathroom floor which wasn't pleasant at all.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank drblake4000
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Location
A decent location if you are visiting KORE (university in Enna Bassa). KORE is within walking distance. Otherwise, I'm not sure why one would stay here. There are several decent hotels and B&B's in the picturesque town of Enna on top of the hill. Federico II is in Enna Bassa which is not at all visually appealing and seemingly in the middle of nowhere.
Bar and restaurant
The hotel's restaurant is decent with a hard-working staff (the same staff covers both dinner and breakfast). There is also a small bar area on the opposite side of the lobby from the restaurant.
Front desk
Check-in was impersonal (passports please, here's your room key, your room is in that direction). My lack of Italian expertise probably didn't help. Central Sicily has fewer English speakers than the coasts.
Room
Large bathroom was the best feature. The rest was fairly gloomy. An unhappy dog across the road didn't improve matters but thankfully barked only during roughly daylight hours. Not the hotel's fault but is relevant for potential customers.
Hot!
I likely would have given a better rating if it weren't for the air conditioning in the room. No matter how many times I complained they could not keep it consistently cooling the room. The thermostat showing the room temperature was always at 27.1 degrees celsius (81 degrees fahrenheit) which at least for me was way too hot for sleeping comfortably. The front desk would send people to fix it but were never successful. I've read other reviews stating similar issues.
Bottom line
I could see no reason to stay here again unless I had business at the nearby KORE university. There are so many better and more scenic locations to book with hopefully better environmental controls in the rooms.

Room Tip: Stay at the actual hotel and not the "residence" (another building on the property).
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2016

Very nice the hotel rooms, but the service at the restaurant was arrogant and very poor ..da 2 stars I was expecting Di better in a 4-star with certain referenze..del rest of the kitchen is quite acceptable ..

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family