2,200 results
All reviews tasting menu michelin star michelin restaurant cliff walk outdoor jacuzzi ardmore bay bar restaurant stunning location main restaurant special treat relaxation room spa treatments amazing hotel top class sea view terrace suite the general manager
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

The location is beautiful & the room was lovely.
My only issue was the level of attentiveness from the staff in the restaurant. There was a lot of them milling around but not being very productive or aware of the needs of the guests.
Wake up & look at what's happening around you!
I was very disappointed by that
The hotel itself was looking a bit tired!
I know it's hard to fit in repairs with full occupancy but to leave guests with a bad opinion of the hotel is worst!
Our shower was mouldy with broken or missing tiles!
Not very 5 star !

1  Thank lyonsong
Adriaan_Bartels_13, General Manager at Cliff House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2016

Dear lyonsong

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your comments too. Hopefully you will see the improvements as a result of your feedback on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

This really is a top class hotel and it's the staff that make the difference. Very attentive , helpful, friendly and courteous. Booked a terrace suit, a split level room with terrace, The Arran. Amazing views across the bay, double showers overlooking the large terrace and Ardmore bay with total privacy, great fun , floor to ceiling windows to offer a perfect view of the bay. Dined in the hotel for our three nights, including the bar, we did'nt want to go anywhere else, food was wonderful very classy. This review does not do justice to this hotel or the lovely bay it overlooks , my advice is to just go and see for yourself. Book dinner and try the tasting menu it's a great experience lavish,creative, pure theatre, a very talented and skilled chef, we are already planning a return trip. First class experience of this hotel

Room tip: Book a terrace suit , great views, double showers amazing
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HelenandJohn_11

Dear HelenandJohn_11

Thank you so much for your visit and for your very kind review.
We really appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you back again some time.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

This is my 4th visit to this superb hotel in the lovely village of Ardmore. The food in the main restaurant is always teriffic. This time I think it was even better than before and as always the staff are fantastic

We were given a room that was not up to the standard I expected from prior visits. We were told the hotel was full on arrival so I did not complain until departure. We were promptly and graciously offered an apology, a discount and a promise of an upgrade on our next visit.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear John K

Thank you so much for visiting us so often and I am so glad that despite the hiccup during your last stay that you will be back to us again.

Many thanks and kind regards

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed on the Monday of the last bank holiday and the hotel, staff and food were all magnificent and first class. We stayed in a veranda cliff suite, we also enjoyed the couples spa package and we also got engaged while we there! On that note I must give a special thanks to Lisa Bolger who went above and beyond in ensuring that my efforts to surprise my now fiance were met. Lisa and all the staff made that extra effort with the details and it made all the difference. We ate in the bar for lunch and dinner and both meals were excellent.... references to small portions in other reviews are nonsense as I am a big man and I had plenty of amazing food on my plate. Overall the room, the food, the staff and the hotel generally were first class and compare strongly with the finest boutique hotels in the world. Well done to all the staff and thank you for everything... especially Lisa!!

1  Thank Mark A
Adriaan_Bartels_13, General Manager at Cliff House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Dear Mark A

Thank you for your very kind review and congratulations again on your recent engagement!
Lisa will be delighted to hear that she looked after you well - we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night in the cliff house terrace room - in total it cost €430. The staff are really exceptional - everyone of them so friendly. We had the bar food as part of our package - I was very disappointed to see we were charged €4.50 for still water, we were asked if we wanted still or sparkling but I never knew it would cost €4.50 - not a lot of money but it is so expensive to stay there I think it's very cheeky to just add it & a bit excessive. The food was only ok if I am honest - it really could be a lot hotter. A little disappointing. This was a real treat for us & a lot of saving to go there so over all I was a bit disappointed as it is so expensive! Also while we dined we had problems with small flies landing in our wine I know it's summer etc but still...
Overall the staff were lovely as were the views but I wouldn't rush back at the price. Small little changes would make it so much better. Like free water with your meal!!!!

2  Thank Paula W

Dear Paula W

Thank you for your review and we very much appreciate your comments. We do take them on board and and I will pass them on to my team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again some time,