4,084 results
All reviewsdublin airportfree shuttlebusy hotellarge hotelan early flightthe busbar areacar parkingpark and flybar foodfollowing morningchecking inshuttle servicesingle bedstayed here for one nightlast nightself service
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Shocking experience. Avoid at all costs. Late for flight. Not every 20 mins as advertised. Poor poor service. Driver did his best considering he was the only bus on all day and had to keep the peace from everyone who had been sold the story that the shuttle was regular. Park at the airport parking if you do not want any stress.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2018

Arriving back to Dublin after a long haul flight from Vietnam we arrived at the Clayton hotel Dublin airport .Check in was very efficient .Jet lagged we headed to the lift.Outsteped this beautiful lady who took pity on us .We must have looked shattered after the long flights.Imediately she offered to help us with our cases.Going up in the lift she offer to bring us to our room.After telling her our number she offered us an upgrade .Anne Shany introduced herself to us..We were so thankful to her for all her help and kindness . A real asset to the Clayton hotel .Iwill be highly recommending this hotel.Thanks once again Anne for all of your help from two old cronies Michelle and Martin ,We will be back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2018

We were a group of 6 adults and 5 kids meeting for late lunch at the play-write bar mid week. The food was ordered and took a while to come out... When it did the adults fish and chips was basically fish fingers and chips cooked to within an inch of carbon, the kids meal burger was identical to the "adult" burger with a slice of cos lettuce being the only difference yet about 7 euro excess? The only thing that made the Thai beef salad remotely Thai was a slather of sweet chili sauce from a bottle and the veg was clearly frozen and out of a bag. On top of all of this one meal was forgotten and towed the line about 20 mins later than the rest. This is supposed to be a decent hotel yet they serve food you would expect to see at a homeless shelter. The saving grace if there was one was, following complaints 20% was dropped from the bill and an embarrassed waiter offered some complimentary coffees. Id like to give an extra star because of him but FISH FINGERS!!! and burnt at that! in a 4 star hotel ?

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2018

In Dublin as a tourist I was unfamiliar with the Clayton brand, but airport hotels are straightforward affairs—few guests will be hanging about and most are in and out wanting little more than a good night’s rest. We would like spotlessly clean and quiet rooms, comfortable beds, and a fair price—with a free shuttle, of course, that runs frequently and is large enough for dozens guests inclined to overpack.

Clayton has all that, certainly, with a nice bar, a very good (and affordable) restaurant, and, in the spacious lobby, an espresso kiosk as classy as any. This they have placed adjacent to a thoughtfully arranged open area that offers delightfully comfortable seating with tables suitable for solo computer work or relaxation with your party of eight.

The amenities are covered; you’ll not be disappointed. I was more than a little surprised by my room. Larger than expected, it had a queen bed flanked on each side by an ample twin. Traveling with two kids? Effortless. I prefer the small bottles of toiletries to the wall-mounted dispensers, so that was a plus.

The staff was unhurried and efficient—the perfect balance. We must include the shuttle driver here. He was unusually attentive and more than willing to attend to any passengers and/or their bags. At this point we have enough to give them an easy 8 anyone’s scale of 10, and that’s enough. Now and then, though, something goes wrong. Typically it has little to do with the property or the staff, but they are the ones to whom we turn. Those are the times at which we break through the veneer of the whole operation and find, for good or ill, what the place is really about.

The nature of my issue is of far less importance than the manner in which I was treated. It is there, out of their comfort zone (and mine), that many properties struggle. But the staff here was of the “Oh my! Let’s roll up our sleeves and do whatever it takes” sort. If I am still near-smitten by Fiona, the property manager and resident genius, do forgive me. You haven’t met her. Generous with time and attention, she radiates calm professionalism and uncommon intelligence. I was so instantly at ease I almost forgot why it was I needed to see her. I am tempted to say that had I requested she produce the moon on stick she would have responded, without the bat of an eye, “Just how large a stick would that need to be?”

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter--not as though there's a view. Elevators are off on their own and isolated from the rooms so they won't disturb.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I just wanted to put up a quick note regarding Paul the night porter who very kindly helped me get my car started after our return from a week away last night ( 26th April )

We were impressed by his determination to get us started - thanks again Paul ( tell the manager we recommended a pay rise ).

Barbara Magowan