Review Highlights
Family Day Out

Spent a few hours here yesterday with our small guy, Price is reasonable and gives you access to... read more

Reviewed 26 March 2018
Dale M
Cork, Ireland
Good breakfast there in the restaurant

We stopped in for breakfast the other morning , the restaurant opens at 10.00 got full breakfasts... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Eleanor A

All reviews fairy forest indoor play area horse and cart lovely walk the loop family ticket school diggers
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Great areas for kids to burn off some energy .
Food is gorgeous
Kids love inside and outside !
Highly recommended

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I came here with my Fiancé, our daughter and a few other friends with more children.

We had a hot chocolate and stayed in the indoor play area at the start so the kids were able to run around and we could chat away.
Drinks were lovely and the play area is brilliant.

We went out to the farm then which was a lovely walk and the kids are really enjoyed themselves.

All the staff were lovely too. The only thing that was annoying was that we were charged €9 for our daughted who is a year and a half and I hear another woman going in as we were leaving and she was told her one and a half year old was free.

That's the only negative thing, which I should have said at the time but we were in a rush when leaving.

The staff and the place itself is great though. Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank Róisín N
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We were looking for a place to spend a day out for our children who range in age from 6 months to 9 years old. We also had my elderly parents with us as well as my sister and her partner. We had never visited this farm before. When we arrived at the entrance which is on a country road we felt like we were driving into a rough farm yard and not a pleasant customer carpark. There was a digger parked off to the side which the children all started to climb on which we thought was dangerous and got them off straight away. Their hands were filthy then almost oily looking. There was also an old van parked which looked completely un road worthy and it was unlocked. Not the best first impressions to the place as it felt like we had driven into a scrap yard. At the main building we paid €35 for a family ticket which covered 2 adults and 3 children, under 1 went free. Adult tickets were €5 each. No senior citizen discount was available. Those tickets allowed access to both indoor and outdoor areas. We started outside as there's a playground immediately off to the left of the ticket window and the children just took off running towards it. We spent a good bit of time there with them and it had the usual, swings, slide, seesaw. There was also a sand area with mini diggers that you can sit on and move the arm to dig at the sand. One particular addition to the playground were 4 swing chairs chained to a centre pole which an adult could turn a handle and the chairs swung around in a circle. It reminded me of something from a carnival. It was a fantastic idea and the children loved it. After that we spotted a mini golf area but sadly the plastic golf sticks were in bad shape and one was split. They provide metal ones too for older children and adults but the ground was uneven and it wasn't great fun trying to play. The farm itself had little to see. There were only a few animals and my Mam commented that they seemed "sad". We were provided with a little bag of grain at the ticket window to feed the animals as we walked and they seemed hungry. We even picked Dandelion leaves and other hedgerow foods for them which they ate gladly. The farm has a mini brochure boasting of many things to see and do so as we walked we looked forward to seeing them. Of course we were let down as they were tired looking and in need of updating. The pond was filthy with what looked like run off from the fields around it and there was nothing living on it or in it. The garden with polly tunnels was tiny, run down and shabby looking. My parents are both experienced gardners in both floral and vegetable and they were left very let down. The sign posts around the farm were worn out wooden ones with worn off paint and were impossible to read at a small distance. Inside where we went to get something to eat we found a pleasant enough seated area and off that was an indoor play area with more seating. The food choice was small with simple things like soup or toasted sandwiches. There was also a pizza oven which we found lovely for the children as they went for that. There was a small selection of little buns and cakes with tea and coffee too. There was a selection of fizzy drinks but for the children there was only a choice of blackcurrant juice in a carton or a small bottle of water. I find anything bottled for children is a must as they never finish the drink and it's easier to carry around after with a lid. At one point when we were seated an older lady came in from outside where we had seen her coming from the farm house but she never acknowledged us and we were the only ones sitting in the small restaurant. This we found strange as we were paying customers to her farm. The staff were all young ladies in their twenties and they were all so friendly and obliging. It was those staff members who cheered up the place for us and is the only pleasant memory of our day there. Also we found we were the only ones walking around the farm which felt very lonely and the few people who were there were indoors at the play area. Since you have the choice of two ticket options, one being for the farm and indoor play area and the other just for the indoor play area it seemed to us that the farm wasn't a first choice for those people and now we know why. There wasn't any baby change facility and we had to return to our car to do it. This is quite unacceptable in a premises that is supposed to cater for families especially in this day and age. Also there is only one toilet outside for farm visitors so if it was ever busy there would be a queue. The other toilets are inside the restaurant and then there is only 2, one being for disabled. We were disappointed with our choice for our day out and for what little there was there and the poor condition the farm was in. It was overpriced and at the end of the day we could have gone to a playground for free as that's all that we got out of it. We won't be returning again nor would we recommend it.

Tirnasi, Owner at Tir na Si, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

On reading the headline of your review I was taken aback at the use of such an extreme term and quickly read through the review in an effort to discover what could possibly have 'Appalled' you on your visit to our farm. I am I confess, still at a loss.

Being a farm. we use farm machinery in different areas of the farm and the Loader was doing some work in a corner of the carpark for a couple of days last week, it was parked in a gateway between the field and car park at the bottom right corner when you visited, well out of way of visiting cars. The van... again I'm confused, we have a public car park. On checking cctv, I see two vans, one belonging to a neighbour who is a regular visitor, the other van.. I don't know who owned it so I assume it was a visitor... I will however inform our neighbour he should lock his in future.
I carried out some investigations with our staff and on the day you met with Lauren, on arrival. Ye were a party of 6 adults and 3 paying children. You were charged as you say €35 for 2 adults and 3 children and ye had also enquired about an OAP rate. As the elderly gentleman had some difficulty with walking, Lauren informed you she would not charge for the elderly couple, so you paid €45 in total. We cannot believe you had the cheek to then complain about no OAP rate and say the farm is overpriced !!!

Just a few points:- we maintain our farm to a very high standard. You mention your parents are experienced gardeners but don't seem to have seen the 1.5 acres of potatoes and turnips adjacent to the raised beds and polytunnel! (See our photos on this page). Goats are voracious eaters and are known to eat everything, in fact a goat refusing food would be cause for concern. We have of course, baby changing facilities and our friendly staff would be only delighted to show you, had you asked. We have five toilets on the farm. The lady you accused of ignoring you in the restaurant was my mother visiting.
On your point about the pond, I agree that the pond is not at it's best at present. It is fed by a stream along the back which dries up during the warm weather and so the water level has dropped and the water is more stagnant than it would usually be.
One last point, the girls and I were left very confused by your review as they said some members of your party were very complimentary while here.
We are a family run farm, if someone has an issue, it is of course always better to bring it up while here, we are only too happy to help resolve it and we can always be reached by phone.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

A very nice place, lots of attractions for kids. Good place also to little childrens. The animals are close to trail, easy to pet and feed.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Went here yesterday, apart from the added bonus of beautiful weather we had a great day. From the moment we arrived the staff were very friendly. We got the all in family ticket which included everything except the horse and cart. It was an extra 2 euro each for the horse and cart but it was worth it my girls loved alit and the driver was so friendly. We brought a picnic and ate it down by the fairies. We didn't have anything to eat in the restaurant but the food looked lovely and was reasonably priced. Great day had by all