“Catch up with kids”
Review of Tir na Si

Tir na Si
More attraction details
Owner description: Tír na Sí (meaning 'Land of the Fairies') is an 20 acre working farm. We try to be as self sufficent as possible, rearing our own beef, pork and lamb and growing our own vegetables and potatoes. All the hay for winter feeding is made here on the farm without the use of chemical fertilisers. We use wood for heat and hot water. We also have a woodfired oven, and all the food in our restaurant is homemade. A lot of our animals are animals which have been rehomed here. There is a large Indoor Play area, Outdoor playground, Fairy woods, Horse and trap ride and crazy golf.
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Set in a beautiful scenic setting only minutes outside of Watergrasshill is this secret gem. Whilst the children are playing in the indoor area (weather was bad the day we visited but also an outdoor area where children can meet the animals & learn about farming & agriculture), you can sit in by the stove with a cup of tea, cake or even a lovely selection of food inclusive of pizza cooked in a very fancy oven!!:) have gluten free foods available, ample parking & a separate coffee area if you don't want to go into the play area!! Lovely & friendly Staff. Will be back

All reviews
"family ticket"
"school"
"diggers"

Reviewed 1 December 2016

I was visiting family and decided to go here for something to do! I'd highly recommend it as the staff are so friendly and helpful. The food is also very good!

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Recently had my daughters Birthday party at Tir Na Si with a large pool of children and parents also. When a parent requested for to change the channel for an All Ireland match in the Cafe they were told "we will be closing shortly". As part of the Party Package there was no option for children to pick their meal it was one slice of pizza and a few chips which some kids would not eat and were looking for chicken nuggets/sausages , which to be fair at most party venues you are given an option. Their was meant to be a pony and trap ride around the farm which they did not arrange until they were due to close at 5.30pm because the driver was not ready. The pony and trap ride went half way down the path and turned back. Don't be fooled, the children were not brought onto the farm and nor were they brought down the fairy path to see the fairy garden. The children's party bags were 1 euro suprise bags which you can get in the pound shop, "unbelievable". The boys had different things and they were complaining as the girls had some sweets in theirs which the boys did not get. The children were promised an electric tractor ride which was in turns of 3 only and in a circle inside the playzone. The birthday girl/boys present is a voucher for 1 child to return worth 5 euro. Also just to add, a parent brought a packet of hard sweets and a member of staff came to tell her "take these off the table, how was she expected to sell anything if she is bringing her own sweets", where she had a point there was no manners. She could have asked politely. Majority of parents there were from the glanmire/rathcormac and even further out towns and all have said they would never return here for a kids party. Very Very disappointing.

2  Thank trionacrowley
Tirnasi, Manager at Tir na Si, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Hi Triona
sorry to hear you did not enjoy your birthday party. Unfortunately at the start of your party, a number of your guests turned up with trays of food, and I had to politely explain our policy with regard to bringing in food, and I think the issue stems from this.
When a party is booked we explain the party package in detail. With regard to the children's party food we give choice on the plate ( slice of woodfired pizza, party sausage, bowl of chips, mini muffin and little fruit bowl). The party package is 2 hours and usually it takes a little longer to get all the activites done as it includes the Indoor playarea, Food, Indoor tractor ride, Outdoor playground and Horse and trap trip down the farm. When a party is booked we explain the party package in detail, and are only too happy to answer any queries you may have.
Our party bags are prepacked Surprise bags and typically contain sweets, stickers and a little toy or hairband. They have a recommended retail price of €2.50, and we do not source them from discount shops.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Just home after a very disappointing day at Tir Na Si, my first time visiting and unfortunately it will be my last. There was 3 adults and 6 children and the general consensus was if it wasn't for the indoor play area we would have only been there for an hour at the most. There were few animals for a farm, there is hedging outside all of them therefore the kids had to be lifted up to see them in the field. The fairy trail is dull and dirty and the entire grounds are dilapidated in my opinion. I'm a farmers daughter myself and I still felt the overall appearance and experience was very shabby. The indoor play area was great but the farm lets it down.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2016

Went here today with my husband, 4.5 year old and 2.5 year old. We decided to go for an all inclusive ticket which was €26 for a family ticket. We started with the outdoor playground which had a nice play frame that includes climbing, 2 slides, and swings. There was also a see saw and some chairoplanes which my kids really enjoyed. The ride on toys looked a little old (missing pedals, cracked seats) There were also some diggers in a sand pit. Moving on from this we did the trail around the farm looking at the animals...there were quite a few to see and all looked well cared for. There were lots of seats to sit on if you wanted along the way. We then went to see the fairy houses...again the kids enjoyed it...knocking on the doors etc. We completed the loop and went inside the cafe/indoor play area. We had coffee and cupcakes. Very tasty ....food looked really good (there was a party going on at the time and pizzas chips etc looked really good) The indoor play area was a really nice one compared to others i have been to. All staff we came in contact with were very nice and pleasant.

So overall it was a lovely afternoon but I honestly think its just a little over priced. We paid €26 for the four of us ...there was a mini golf course there which was an additional €2 per person I really feel this should be included in the price...its sitting there anyway so why not just let the kids enjoy it for that price... I would be happier to pay €26 to include the mini golf or lower the family ticket to €20. Overall I would recommend it and will most likely return again in the future.

2  Thank LMR610